Author Topic: A-20 characteristics  (Read 7899 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: A-20 characteristics
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2013, 02:44:55 PM »
If he was banned from the game, he would also be banned from the forums and not able to post.  It's evident you're not very bright.

ack-ack
How come? the forum and game accounts are two different things.

To the point of the argument:
Is the A-20 modeling exaggerated? very possibly so, but in a slow turning contest there is no reason to think (just based on dry numbers) that the real P-51 will turn tighter than the real A-20. In the game, even an empty B-26 can frustrate a P51 in a slow circle fight. The stang is simply a high wingloaded speed monster and not meant for just a fight.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 02:57:01 PM »

While they maybe two seperate accounts, HiTech has always done a complete 100% across the board ban (game and forums) when someone has been banned from the game.  In fact, I don't know of any MMO games in which is has a policy of not banning a player from the community forums after the player has been banned from the game. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »

To the point of the argument:
Is the A-20 modeling exaggerated? very possibly so, but in a slow turning contest there is no reason to think (just based on dry numbers) that the real P-51 will turn tighter than the real A-20. In the game, even an empty B-26 can frustrate a P51 in a slow circle fight. The stang is simply a high wingloaded speed monster and not meant for just a fight.
Well done, give the horse under the delirious one.
Let Skuzzy decide if i am banned from the game or not. If someone, he might know.
 :rolleyes:
AoM
City of ice

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »
Doesn't matter. In the end, I will mop the floor with this Cobia cat.
I'm still waiting to see your fabulous flight data for the A-20 and P-51. Otherwise you have zero factual data to even make a claim, or to be a stand in for Tom Cruise.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 03:09:46 PM »

Hi guys!
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 03:12:41 PM »
I think I'd like to meet this Grayclif guy's P-51D.  It sounds like free perkies to me.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2013, 03:18:16 PM »
Popcorn anyone??? It's free!!!!!! I also have lazy boy recliners for the show

And graycliff oh graycliff :ahand
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:19:54 PM by Zacherof »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2013, 03:19:29 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Ive known Cobie for years,not only is he a heck of a good stick he;s a great guy and really never takes the game personally.

One time I picked him and blew the tail off his A20,I pm#d him and said that was a cheap shot,all he said back was,it#s all fun,it#s just a game. He could have been upset but nah,he just came back and shot me down... :rofl No way an A20 can catch and out turn a Mossie,no way!!! :furious :furious

Anyone who is silly enough to try and turn fight or rope Cobia in that blasted A20 is bound to fail,he;s just that good!

:salute

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2013, 03:36:45 PM »
Some differences between Cobia and grayclif:
-Cobia fights like a lion. grayclif cant fight his way out from a wet paper bag.
-grayclif tryed to turn with an a20 once, instead of his usual girly runaway method, now he is crying on the BBS that Cobia is a hacker.
-I have never seen Cobia bragging about how awesome he is, especially not after his pony got completely owned by an a20.
-I have never seen Cobia trying to annoy people.
-I have never seen Cobia trying to belittle people.
-I have never seen Cobia being narcisstic. Nor being a complete retard. Nor lieing, trying to throw dirt on other players name.
-Cobia isnt jumping into other people's private fight in the DA, especially not after repeatedly being asked to stay away, then bragging on the BBS that he won.

Still have something to say? Come along, show it once more what youre made of.
AoM
City of ice

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »
This thread made me smile.

All hail the Cobia!!!

:rofl

edit: theres too much good material to quote here but this must win the prize:

um ... no. no you wont :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:48:45 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2013, 03:58:53 PM »
Dear HTC,

Please take a look at updating the handling characteristcs of the A-20.

Last night I was out-turned by an A-20 while flying a P-51D in a dogfight at 14k alt. We entered into a tight turn fight at this alt and within 2 complete circles, the A-20, piloted by "Cobia38", was able to turn inside my pony (even with my flaps deployed and WEP power) for the kill. Having known a pilot who flew real A-20's, being a pilot myself, and comparing the two real aircrafts qualities; this would not have been possible. Even under ideal conditions for the A-20 could not turn with such a nimble fighter. Especially in air that dense.

The A-20 pilot I know, said that the A-20 has a lot of climbing power, and turns fairly well if speeds were high, but that is about it. "It was dog in the air for the most part, handling much like an empty B-25. But if you we're going over 300 mph the Havoc would pull vertical with the best of 'em." "You put it thru the mill in dives and g-loading, it just couldn't turn worth a damn".

Either yet another hack has joined the ranks, or the A-20 needs a big big mod. Please fix.  

Thank you.

Regards,

The Grayclif

Care full what you wish for, last thing your going to want is a A-20G with x4 20mm and x2 .50's banggin' up your six o'clock. And with the added .50 it may even come packing a dedicated gunner.

I don't know why everyone assumes the A-20G will become worse when it gets updated. Planes haven't been getting worse they have been getting better. ;)

Butcher, your picture says it all.  :rock
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:00:44 PM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2013, 04:04:14 PM »
I don't film. Never have. You have to "unzip" files or some garbage and I don't know how to do that.

If by "unzip" you mean "just double click and it opens in the film viewer so you can watch how bad your attempt to BnZ HO went" then you definitely know how to do that.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
I, for one, harbor no expectations that the A-20G will be inferior after it is remodeled.   :neener:
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2013, 04:08:34 PM »
Think he had his stall limiter on?
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2013, 04:10:50 PM »
Think he had his stall limiter on?

That's how he doesn't crash.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.