Author Topic: Help with the Jug  (Read 519 times)

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
Help with the Jug
« on: May 08, 2013, 07:52:22 PM »
Greetings & Salutations. I am a want-to-be jug pilot. You may have seen me being shot down in front of your gunsights recently. While I understand the basics of the BnZ tactic, as well as rudimentary ACM I still am having difficulty landing kills in the jug. I am normally available Monday - Thursday 01:00 - 05:00 am Eastern Daylight Time (06:00 - 10:00 GMT). Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Eeyore

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Help with the Jug
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 04:12:30 PM »
There are Trainers who can get you a very long way with the Jug. Then players Like LilMak and Hajo who can finish your graduate degree in JUgginess.

I notice you around on knights at the same time myself and the 3 best Jug flying pigs are on. Messiah, Razor and Letalis are consistent 5-7 kill string performers.

Messiah - P47N
Razor - P47M
Letalis - P47D-25

You fly by them all the time on knights. Next time you see any of them, introduce yourself and tell them bustr suggested a few P47 lessons from the best Jug pilots he knows. I'm old and grouchy while they are young and share their bacon. Also Tuesday nights are POTW squad night. Sometimes Syko our Boss Hog gets whizzed off at a giant red dar bar and has us fly a P47M sweep into the heart of it to introduce the goodness of bacon to the heathins. The more the merrier.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 05:41:21 PM »
Hey Eeyore,

I saw you online last night trying to take that darn V98! 

Bustr's got a good handle on it, watch those who are good and emulate what they do.

The training arena is a great start, there's lots of helpful people there to answer your questions and try things out with you. I fly the P-47M alot, the aircraft handles well for me...  For me personally, the last few months have been all about absorbing what our elders have already learned, and more importantly, putting those skills to use. No sense learning tips n' tricks if you don't attempt them.

I just finally got a full rear looking view! ... stupid head rest always in my way when i'm looking for the bandit on my 6.....
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 06:44:32 PM »
 :bhead

Thanks Bustr and DubiousKB. I have tried to wing up with LilMak once, but it is not easy to find these guys. Messiah has offered to help, but I was at work and had to do some actual work.

DubiousKB- did you also see my failure to fly the mossie worth a damn? I first tried with the Mossie, then brought back the 47-D-40, my main plane for attack missions.   :airplane:

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 08:58:06 AM »
Next time you see me in the MA give me a shout. I'll spend some time in the DA with you and give you some pointers. Also always available to ride wih you or you can ride with me in the MA and give you pointers as well. Just look me up when you log on and I'll set some time aside.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 06:56:15 PM »
Thanks again LilMak. I'll try to hook up with you in the MA, in the mean time I am studying the films from lepape2, trying to figure out how he makes that jug dance.  :banana:

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »
Lilmak is a great resource for Jug pilots in AH, one that should get utilized more often.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!