Author Topic: Thank you FSO  (Read 613 times)

Offline snakeplissken

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
Thank you FSO
« on: May 18, 2013, 12:29:32 AM »
I can not begin to praise the FSO community enough.  In Frame 3, the server was switched and did not retain the squad structures.  I sent out a few extra announcements to come to SEA1 and set up your squads.  And, with your help, more than 280 players were on roster with their respective squads.  Just as impressive, launch was not delayed AT ALL.  More importantly, the O’club was sort of difficult in allowing us to reform squads, (I thought the procedure was difficult).  Yet, there you were, all the issues sorted and ready to fly.  From the heart of every CM in the arena . . . <S> FSO Players and squads. ~~~ Snake ~~~
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam

Offline Poppy

• Copper Member
Re: Thank you FSO
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 01:12:15 AM »
55thFG/38thFS (5/13 F-3 CIC) thanks the CM Team to no end for their performance getting this frame off the decks, we thank all the Allied Squads and every flyer that not only got in uniform, in a hurry, but absolutely for handing the Axis their sticks and masts! Incredible performance from the entire FSO Community. What "we all" accomplished tonight was a coordinated effort on the part of every person involved in FSO, enough cant be said of this. I personally thank every Allied squad leader, and their squaddies, for getting their numbers in, after confirming flights and every other thing necessary, once in uniform . . ALL OF YOU are the reason that crazy plan worked, you did every thing you could with what you had, no matter the sacrifice, we all kept the faith in each other and prevailed. Well done! To ALL . . <S> . . ~Poppy~ :airplane: (Blue Scout)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:40:12 AM by Poppy »
Poppy XO -55FG/38FS-
"Heinie Honking and Loco Busting"

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 02:19:20 AM »
Concur, Great work by everyone involved in scrambling to get the FSO up and off the decks on time!

My thanks to the VMF-222 guys being great wingmen!  (were where we asked you to be, and communicated very well ... made coordinating the 4D, rotating and spinning, mutli-prismatic Defensive schema for CV42 work seamlessly.

G3 Guys  <S>!  (It might be wrong to <S> your own folks, but they performed pretty much flawlessly last night and its nice to point it out).

To our evil aggressors:  The 3-axis, time-phased attack was well-crafted!  49th guys, your formation looked like a white Scorpion as we started our roll ins on you ... a sincere <S>!

Overall: A very enjoyable night and month.  FSO Rocks.

-Rodent57

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Poppy

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 02:52:12 AM »
 "Great work by everyone involved in scrambling to get the FSO up and off the decks on time!

My thanks to the VMF-222 guys being great wingmen!  (were where we asked you to be, and communicated very well ... made coordinating the 4D, rotating and spinning, mutli-prismatic Defensive schema for CV42 work seamlessly.

G3 Guys  <S>!  (It might be wrong to <S> your own folks, but they performed pretty much flawlessly last night and its nice to point it out)."

^Excerpt from Rodent57's post^ That's what I call "keeping the faith"!  :aok "the 4D, rotating and spinning, multi-prismatic Defensive scheme" Now that's the best dam description I've ever heard for a CAP! :rock
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:59:48 AM by Poppy »
Poppy XO -55FG/38FS-
"Heinie Honking and Loco Busting"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 08:11:05 AM »
 i think that thanks to you guys working your arses off in setting this stuff up, you all made this frame go smoothly, and am appreciative of that, and all the work you guys always do for all of the rest of us!!  <<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Alpha81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 11:57:09 AM »
"it's a fire mister, and every fire is dangerous"

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 12:01:37 PM »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 12:38:14 PM »
Very Nicely Done there guys <S> to G3-MF and VMF-222.
Carver CO -55thFg/38thFS-
"Heinie Honking and LocoBusting"

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »
Gotta give credit to Plissken.  You walked a ton of guys through it and maintained great communication leading up to launch. 

It is you that kept it together and herded all of us sheep into place to make timeliness at launch!

Great job yourself, Sir!

:rock
SlipKnoT   
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline snakeplissken

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 02:50:19 PM »
No No.  It's the squads and the players that did all the work.  I teach Aviation Law at the Master's level.  If you gave me an hour to get 280 master's student's organized and on the same page, couldn't be done. . . It truly is the squads and the players.  Everyone was early, working the keyboards and setting up the squads.  There is something about the FSO community.  When you guys decide something needs done, it happens.
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam