Author Topic: 109's, LA's, and Spits  (Read 737 times)

Offline Ripley

• Copper Member
109's, LA's, and Spits
« on: May 28, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »
16, 13, 13.

16 being the number of 109's I have downed this TOUR (fixed: said sortie) (total of all models). The highest number of a single version of aircraft I have downed out of 136 kills (as of now) is the LA-7 with 13, and is tied with the total number of Spits (all versions) also at 13. So almost a 3rd of all of my kills have been one of these three plane models.

Trailing this is the P51 (total of the B and D models) with 10, which could have and probably would have been more but unfortunately the Pony stereotype has been strong this tour (let's keep in mind I am a Pony pilot myself before the flames here begin).

And the highest amount of deaths to a single plane model is 6 from the Spit 16.

What's my point?

Guess I don't have one. Other than the other threads are bleh so I figured I'd start a new one, and the typical models are at the top of my list. Not complaining... just interesting to see how things break down at the end of the month.

I know that I will be working a little harder on how to defeat those blasted spixteens!   :aok
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:46:43 PM by Ripley »
Ripley

4th Fighter Group "Debden Eagles"

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
Re: 109's, LA's, and Spits
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »
yesterday I had camember cheese on baguette, most people like it with red whine but I think the lager fits the bill just fine!

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:34:11 AM »
Wow, that was a great sortie..  :O

What was the number of refuellings?!  :headscratch:  It didn't say....  :noid
TheStig

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 10:36:59 AM »
yesterday I had camember cheese on baguette, most people like it with red whine but I think the lager fits the bill just fine!
red what? people like their whatchamajigger with red crying?  :headscratch:

i once tried some chevari on a bagel...almost blew chunks, it gagged me so bad. worst thing i have ever put in my mouth, ever.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 10:40:03 AM »
Very nice.  :aok

What is a "sortie" to you?
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 11:57:31 AM »

I cannot let this pass.... Your French and you miss the the quintisensal "t" that is absolutely required to properly name such a paragon of Fromage de Normandie.....

Hang your head in shame... You..... You ..... Parisienne !
Ludere Vincere

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 12:09:31 PM »
 :neener:
 :bolt:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Ripley

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 12:47:27 PM »
Very nice.  :aok

What is a "sortie" to you?

LMAO. I meant TOUR. I not sure how sortie got in there. Should prolly stop drinking at noon.
Ripley

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 02:31:56 PM »
Trailing this is the P51 (total of the B and D models) with 10, which could have and probably would have been more but unfortunately the Pony stereotype has been strong this tour (let's keep in mind I am a Pony pilot myself before the flames here begin).

I think everyone has similar stats to yours, Ripley. Mine are slightly different, mainly because I found a P38 mission and later a Zeke sweep mission.

Ripley, I'll give you kudos for fighting me about a month ago. Granted you had altitude but you stayed aggressive the entire time and you weren't even flying among your entire squad.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 05:19:57 PM »
Original poster cleared his six when "system" was on him in an A20 by buzzing my M3 hidden in the trees multiple times.

System happily broke off his attack and killed the M3 after being dragged 100 feet over it a couple of times.

Not at all happy when I watched the film since I had driven that M3 a full sector because there were no friendly spawns in to the field we were trying to capture.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:55:21 PM by icepac »

Offline Ripley

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 09:52:45 AM »
Original poster cleared his six when "system" was on him in an A20 by buzzing my M3 hidden in the trees multiple times.

System happily broke off his attack and killed the M3 after being dragged 100 feet over it a couple of times.

Not at all happy when I watched the film since I had driven that M3 a full sector because there were no friendly spawns in to the field we were trying to capture.

Would love to see that film. Only reason I would ever run from an A20 is if i was missing half a wing and had no ammo, much less buzz around an m3 multiple times to clear my 6. Post it :)  :noid

Ripley

Offline Ripley

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 09:56:27 AM »
I think everyone has similar stats to yours, Ripley. Mine are slightly different, mainly because I found a P38 mission and later a Zeke sweep mission.

Ripley, I'll give you kudos for fighting me about a month ago. Granted you had altitude but you stayed aggressive the entire time and you weren't even flying among your entire squad.

I do remember that fight now, you were flying your 38.

I was really, really frustrated that I lost that fight, that last climb i was so close to having your tail in my crosshairs, but at full flaps and 0 speed i couldnt do it. Not to mention I missed a few snapshots that could have really helped.

I love fighting 38s, because you know IMMEDIATELY when you are fighting a good pilot. <S>
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:28:14 AM by Ripley »
Ripley

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 01:12:14 PM »
Would love to see that film. Only reason I would ever run from an A20 is if i was missing half a wing and had no ammo, much less buzz around an m3 multiple times to clear my 6. Post it :)  :noid

I started filming only after I realized your buzzing me with the a20 on your six was going to result in my death.

Next time someone spends the time to drive troops to a field.........especially after driving 1 sector, use some expertise to clear your six instead of using the troop carrier as a diversion to get you out of a jam.

Offline Ripley

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »
That explains it. That's not me sir, my in game name is "Ripley" MrRipley is a separate entity.
Ripley

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 01:18:28 PM »
lol, i had a feeling he had you confused with this guy...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=6006

the fact that he was in a k4 and had to use a gv as a distraction to get away from an a20 is seriously funny...  :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett