Author Topic: The first airshow, i went to.  (Read 178 times)

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
The first airshow, i went to.
« on: May 15, 2013, 04:50:01 PM »
I found video of the first airshow i went to, in 1994,at Abbotsford B.C when i was just 9 years old with my dad, I decided to look for videos of that day, and i found one,
it was such a blast, The video shure brings back good memories of my child-hood, injoy  :salute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KMjt3o20yQ
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
Re: The first airshow, i went to.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 04:51:25 PM »
My dad Took me their for a birthday gift, i was born on aug 11, so on the 12th of aug, he took me to see the show,
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 05:05:12 PM »
This would be very much like the first airshow I ever experienced. I saw the Blue Angels flying Phantoms at Corpus Christi NAS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mahVY3uB_no
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:23:23 PM by Arlo »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 06:47:58 PM »
My first was at Perrin AFB TX in the early 70s. Just like you Arlo I saw the Blue Angels in F4 Phantoms. What a show!

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 07:29:18 PM »
My first airshow I saw a Camel, a Spit doing a low pass that almost cut the grass, the Golden Hawks that started their show by coming out of nowhere (they came over the bluff behinds us) and iirc a Vulcan that did a slow and low.

Sabres, CF100s and the odd Lancaster were seen quite often as we lived under the flight path.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 12:39:14 AM »
My first was at Perrin AFB TX in the early 70s. Just like you Arlo I saw the Blue Angels in F4 Phantoms. What a show!

:) :salute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vvYJED8m5-M

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 07:14:36 AM »
I'm not sure if they even had video when I went to my first airshow. 1979 at a horse racetrack called Fairyhouse near Dublin in Ireland, yes really. My second airshow was in Britain the following week, RAF Valley open day in Wales. What I would give to go back and time and see that airshow again. F4s, Lightnings, Hunters, the Red Arrows flying Gnats. Also the Avro Shackelton and Vulcan. Ah nostalgia!