Author Topic: JUNE FSO: Crimean Catastrophe - Operation 60,000  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
JUNE FSO: Crimean Catastrophe - Operation 60,000
« on: May 18, 2013, 11:05:57 AM »
June's FSO is active and modification is open. CICs will be selected by May 30th.

http://ahevents.org/fso-current-next-event.html

Frame 1: June 7th
Frame 2: June 14th
Frame 3: June 21st

Key points of interest for this setup...

Destroyer Scoring
- Destroyers will be scored like I did for a setup back in 2011, Decision at Dunkirk. To add a different element in scoring, the number of Destroyers surviving at the end of the frame will count as personnel rescued. Each Destroyer represents 2,611 men Romanian, German, and Soviet Volunteers, prisoners and civilians rescued or left behind.

Each frame will have 12 Axis Destroyers in the Evacuation zone. 1 set of Destroyers (NO CVs or CAs) must be placed in each grid. (4,7 - 5,7 - 6,7 - 6,6) All Destroyers can be attacked and destroyed every frame and will remain down once sunk for the rest of the frame. Anything above %50 will be an Axis victory and anything below %50 will be an Allied Victory.

New Aircraft scoring system - I have created a new scoring model, I'm calling it the Life or Death system. I will be using it from now on in my setups starting with this setup. It will be a different change of pace to the typical scoring standards we have done in the past.

Kills of enemy aircraft will not be directly scored, Points will only be rewarded for returning your aircraft successfully to base, successfully bailing or ditching in friendly territory. These points are based on three main factors: Air crew, engines and air frame. For each of my FSO's, there will be a chart that breaks down the scoring of each aircraft.

You will not be rewarded for captures or deaths, the goal is to ultimately stay alive and return to fight another day and lowering the other side's score by shooting down enemy aircraft.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: JUNE FSO: Crimean Catastrophe - Operation 60,000
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 10:37:18 AM »
 :aok

III./JG11 updated.

Note to fellow kommanders:

With the summer months upon us, the III./JG11 has adjusted it's commitment level down to (11-15).

<S>

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 01:11:10 PM »
Let the Allied passiveness commence with this Fighter system. Do us a favor Nefarious, don't design a late war Western Front setup with that system.

Looks fun, cant wait.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 05:28:40 PM »
Let the Allied passiveness commence with this Fighter system. Do us a favor Nefarious, don't design a late war Western Front setup with that system.

I am interested in seeing how it develops. I have scored frames with it already, comparing them to the traditional scoring. It produced the results I expected. Of course, no one knew and it didn't allow anyone to change any behavior going into the event. I expect there to be some aspect of wanting to preserve life over going into a massive low furball or a small fight near the end of the event, but their are still objectives to complete and they must be completed within T+60. Holding your forces and not completing your objectives will not be able to secure a victory. Likewise, Suicide Jabo attacks and small groups of defenders are not going to be helpful in stacking up points in this system.

CICs will now be able to go into a frame with a rough estimate of how many points their side is worth. Using the Minimum numbers of required aircraft and the minimum and maximum number of pilots available they have now have another factor to include with the Offensive and Defensive Objectives. They can also roughly estimate how many points the other side is holding going into the frame.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline ELD66

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »
AK's Updated.
E1Diablo in game

Member of JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 07:19:10 PM »
I can see some positives. I can see many negatives as well. Only the future will tell. Let us hope FSO does not become a ghost town.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 08:06:11 PM »
I can see some positives. I can see many negatives as well. Only the future will tell. Let us hope FSO does not become a ghost town.

Well, you can be certain that if it starts affecting the fun level of FSO that I will make changes or even pull the system. With the limited amount of time I get to try all the things I want in FSO design, I try to anticipate every thing I can.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 08:44:51 PM »
Well, you can be certain that if it starts affecting the fun level of FSO that I will make changes or even pull the system. With the limited amount of time I get to try all the things I want in FSO design, I try to anticipate every thing I can.

On paper, it looks like you are limiting FSO to a one-sortie (no re-arm) event. I hope I am wrong.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:56:24 PM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »
VF-17 Updated.

Nice change of pace with the scoring system.  Survival has always been important to me in FSO, now we have an opportunity to be rewarded for it.  :salute

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 02:43:12 PM »
I have finally had a chance to sit down and read the new fighter system. Before I share my comments (for those of you that only know me through BBS, complaints) I'd like a few questions answered by Nefarious:

1. If a pilot that is not the Ace kills 5 enemy aircraft how many points does his side receive (all fighter kills, no bombers)?

2. If 3 of those 5 enemy pilots (that were shot down in Question 1) bail and 2 of them explode how many points does the enemy receive?

3. Pilot A is Allied, is not the Ace pilot, shoots down 4 enemy aircraft, and lands. Pilot B is Axis, is not the Ace pilot, shoots down 0 enemy aircraft, and lands. Who receives more points and how many points does each pilot receive?

Thank you.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:14:21 PM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 02:51:23 PM »
You will not be rewarded for captures or deaths, the goal is to ultimately stay alive and return to fight another day and lowering the other side's score by shooting down enemy aircraft.

Individual pilots will not earn points for shooting down planes. They will be denying the other
side from earning points for each pilot that RTBs. I suppose squads can still recognize their best
by painting kill marks on their fuselage and awarding them a medal (even if it's posthumous).
Side scoring, however, will be the side that gets shot down less not the side that dies the most
when trying to get kills.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:53:50 PM by Arlo »

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 02:57:13 PM »
Individual pilots will not earn points for shooting down planes. They will be denying the other
side from earning points for each pilot that RTBs. I suppose squads can still recognize their best
by painting kill marks on their fuselage and awarding them a medal (even if it's posthumous).
Side scoring, however, will be the side that gets shot down less not the side that dies the most
when trying to get kills.

That answered 0 of my 3 questions. Answer them directly if you understand it. Thank you.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 03:00:50 PM »
That answered 0 of my 3 questions. Answer them directly if you understand it. Thank you.

It addresses question 3 quite adequately, actually. Read better.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 03:13:52 PM »
It addresses question 3 quite adequately, actually. Read better.

(Image removed from quote.)

That's helpful Arlo.

Can someone else explain it please. I must be having a dumb moment and I do apologize. Hopefully one of my squaddies will explain it to me later :P. In the meantime I would greatly appreciate a direct answer to each question. Thank you.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 03:28:21 PM »
That's helpful Arlo.

Can someone else explain it please. I must be having a dumb moment and I do apologize. Hopefully one of my squaddies will explain it to me later :P. In the meantime I would greatly appreciate a direct answer to each question. Thank you.

You're welcome.

Even without a specific number, I'll wager the scoring will be the same for each side.
For instance, let's say the KNs fly 7 pilots in frame one and VF-17 flies .... 17. If the
KNs lose three pilots (shot down or captured) let's say they lose 5 pts per pilot
for a total negative amount of 15 points. But they were able to shoot down 4 VF-17
pilots that same frame (killed or captured) ... resulting in the Allies losing 20 points.

Now .... if each side's starting points are tabulated by how many pilots are flying (say
150 axis and 160 allied) they would start out with 5 points per pilot/airframe (possible
additional airframe points for drones but let's keep it simple without formations) then
the Axis start with 750 pts and the Allies with 800 pts. For the part that KN and
VF-17 play it reduces the axis points to 735 and the Allies to 780.

As far as pilots go, it's a war of attrition. Granted, there may still be object destruction
score, I don't yet know if that's attrition modeled or not.  Hopefully that may give you
a running start counting beans for the squad. :)

Alternatively it can be a matter of negative numbers.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:32:52 PM by Arlo »