Author Topic: wtg Alchemists on new M8 kill record!  (Read 8238 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: wtg Alchemists on new M8 kill record!
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 08:07:55 AM »
Ive seen moths with better ACMs than that twit
Moths actually know some pretty advanced ACM, especially when i want to slap them down.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 08:09:10 AM »
But like in other post, if it's not hurting you then who cares

It's hurting the game. The more players are circumventing perk limits by such things, the higher the overall impact. In the end, it affects everyone in one way or another as it changes the game on many levels. Especially when more and more players learn they are getting away with these things.

You can make 20 perks in one sortie with a decent 30 ENY plane with 3-5 kills...easily..

For the vast majority of players this is NOT easy at all.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2013, 08:30:37 AM »
It's hurting the game. The more players are circumventing perk limits by such things, the higher the overall impact. In the end, it affects everyone in one way or another as it changes the game on many levels. Especially when more and more players learn they are getting away with these things.
Indeed.

It discourages those of us who play the game as intended from even trying.  Why should I try to learn to tank using slow, vulnerable Panzer IV Hs, undergunned, vulnerable T-34/76s and slow, undergunned, vulnerable M4A3(75)s when facing excessive numbers of Tigers and Panthers?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 09:06:58 AM »
HTC needs to get on the ball with this.   

This is getting frequent enough that the shade vulching apologists aren't even showing up in this thread because they're tired.    :)
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
it would help if they stop the carry over of perk points from one arena to another...always someone trying to game the game.

takes a special person to lower themselves to such a level...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 09:58:45 AM »
It is really hard to get a grasp on the true relational value of the tanks in the game.  Right now the Tiger II has, by far, the highest K/D ratio of any unit in the game, but how much that is distorted by concrete sitting Tiger IIs is impossible to know.  I suspect that the T-34/85 and M4A3(76) ought to be unperked and the perk prices of the Sherman VC reduced.

As it stands now I found trying to learn to tank to be a steeper climb than learning air combat as the units you can use initially are so massively outclassed by the commonly used Panther V G, T-34/85 and M4A3(76).  After many deaths I managed to gather 8 perk points by killing a Wirbelwind and a Panther V G in a T-34/76, though the Wirbelwind tracked me so I couldn't retreat to land the kills, the Panther was already turreted when it came out of the woods about 200 yards from my crippled T-34/76, so I put a HVAP round through its side as it drove by, killing it.  The thing is, given how long it took me to get those 8 perk points I don't want to risk them by grabbing a T-34/85 or other cheap perk GV given how often I simply died without ever spotting my attacker.  I'd want at least 50 perk points to buy many T-34/85s before I start trying to use it.

To that end, I would suggest a few changes to the GV system.  1) To "Land Successfully" you would need to be either inside a GV hangar or have no GV enemy closer than 3000 or 4000 yards and no airplane enemy closer than 2000 yards.  2) A method of determining if you are clear and free of enemies and able to land.  Perhaps limit this from being displayed within 5 or 10 minutes of you having fired a gun or had an enemy round/bomb/rocket land within 500 yards of you.  I think that these changes would reduce the concrete sitting and allow a much more accurate assessment of the true relative value of the tanks.  Perk price adjustments could be made as needed.

Of course I would also limit perks to being used within the arena in which they were earned.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 10:17:31 AM »
hopefully HTC will hurry up and remove the ability to earn perks in non LW arenas.

There are some folks who prefer the non-LW arenas. Why shouldn't they be able to earn perks for their arena? The best and most fair solution is to limit perk usage to the arena in which they were earned.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline kilroy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2013, 10:25:23 AM »
My apologies for my actions in MW. I succumbed to the lure of getting easy perks to replace recently lost hard earned ones. It was a moment of weakness and I am sorry, it certainly won't happen again.  :salute

Offline kilroy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 10:32:10 AM »
Karnak, resupplying buildings at towns also gets perks, that is how I earned mine while learning to GV. I recently got the resupply 5000 objects achievement which is a lot of m3 runs. I also take my tiger2 well off of concrete, but it is a pain when certain players immediately bomb you if you kill them once. Yes the learning curve for GVs is quite steep.

:salute

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 11:00:19 AM »
My apologies for my actions in MW. I succumbed to the lure of getting easy perks to replace recently lost hard earned ones. It was a moment of weakness and I am sorry, it certainly won't happen again.  :salute

You got all those perks in a single moment, huh? 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline kilroy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 11:01:50 AM »
No sir it was a few days but I use the term "caught up in the moment" of greed.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 12:19:29 PM »
I'm so sorry and I apologize are such an overused terms the only time it's used is when you're caught after the fact, you knew it was wrong in the first place but yet you did it anyway. As far as I'm concerned you can stuff your apology where the Sun don't shine.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2013, 12:29:40 PM »

It would appear that this is not an isolated incident, but a behavior that is conducted by many members of your squad. That would lead me to believe that this is conduct that is condoned by that squad. So now I guess it's time to inspect said squads stats and see just how deep this really runs. Do you all cheat at solitaire too?
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline kilroy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 12:36:12 PM »
It is not condoned by the squad and I am no longer in the squad.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2013, 02:01:19 PM »
It is not condoned by the squad and I am no longer in the squad.

lol you were shade killing your CO flakhapy.

how is it not condoned by the squad when your CO is doing it?
Fester was my in game name until September 2013