Author Topic: Grounded for good.  (Read 10247 times)

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Grounded for good.
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
Says who? you? If someone posts something like this in a public forum why wouldn't I feel like I could ask a question about it?

Yes, I am the one telling you.

There is a difference in asking a question, and asking for details.

You are asking someone who has just been insulted and offended to recount the intimate details for you. I think its safe to say EsmeII  said everything she wanted to in her first post.

I'm not going take away from her by arguing with you. Certain things don't need to be asked here, and your question was one of them.

I invite you to argue with me via PM, and I will gladly accept, but if we both continue here, we will continue to take away from the real matter.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 12:37:31 PM »
The first thing you should done is simply dot squelch the game ids, this would take as long as typing out a message and have non of the potential repercussions of typing a message to them.

How did they make fun of you after you PMed them?

First off you try to deflect the blame towards the person that was targeted, and then you want to know what they did. Iirc the squelch command doesn't work on squad channel, or at least it didn't use to. Secondly, you don't need to know why. It's none of your business that is between Esme and HTC.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2013, 12:55:25 PM »
First off you try to deflect the blame towards the person that was targeted, and then you want to know what they did. Iirc the squelch command doesn't work on squad channel, or at least it didn't use to. Secondly, you don't need to know why. It's none of your business that is between Esme and HTC.
nicely put...calls himself "pervert" hmmmm
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 12:56:59 PM »
I hate that you had to experience that type of cured behavior, Esme ...

I am sure batfink and RT will take care of what they can...

not trying to add to the other arguing/questioning between bluberry, pervert and Sik....
but I think you might be misjudging pervert's post ...
It is easy to do when one only has a wall of text to decipher... It is generic and unlike talking or being face to face
Just saying

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 01:04:44 PM »

I completely disagree, if it was simply a matter between HTC and Esme I wouldn't be reading it on a public forum, if it really is that serious it really should just go privately to HTC, presumably it is put out there for several reasons, to tell she is leaving, and why she is leaving, its very presence here is, intentional or not going to lead to the judgement by the community of the 2 offending players.

I do find the incident completely shocking as it stands especially because its a woman and can inspire a kneejerk reaction, and for that reason the 2 guys who perpetrated it will most likely get lynched regardless by the MA, yours and Bluberry's hostile reaction to me simply asking for more details and offering sensible advice is evidence of that.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 01:12:45 PM »
nicely put...calls himself "pervert" hmmmm

And here is clear evidence of just that happening, brainless Scott here obviously hasn't read the post here and simply assumed that I had something to do with this because I do not follow form on the posts. I have never meet esme or spoken with her before and have nothing to do with the original incident put your pitchfork away.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 01:13:12 PM »
because its a woman

because its a human

say whatever you will, the simple fact remains they are details you do not need. The finer points of the incident are between EsmeII, those who offended her, and HTC.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »
because its a human

say whatever you will, the simple fact remains they are details you do not need. The finer points of the incident are between EsmeII, those who offended her, and HTC.

Absolutely not! I can honestly tell you I would care 99% less if a man had posted that, and i bet every other man posting here is the same. Nothing wrong with a bit of chivalrous action towards a woman, I don't buy all that PC balls floating around these days.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »
Report these jerks!!!  Do not reward them by leaving the game.

at least in AH you can find them and put some rounds into them.....that would really get under their skin....being shot down by a woman....

the two best suggestions IMHO   :aok

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 01:28:22 PM »
And here is clear evidence of just that happening, brainless Scott here obviously hasn't read the post here and simply assumed that I had something to do with this because I do not follow form on the posts. I have never meet esme or spoken with her before and have nothing to do with the original incident put your pitchfork away.
read your own post before you start name calling..i simply stated a fact
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 01:32:30 PM »
Absolutely not! I can honestly tell you I would care 99% less if a man had posted that, and i bet every other man posting here is the same. Nothing wrong with a bit of chivalrous action towards a woman, I don't buy all that PC balls floating around these days.

I'm not saying you would care, I'm saying that for me its not about the gender, it's about the poor treatment of a person.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:35:05 PM by BluBerry »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 03:17:49 PM »

report them to HTC if I was you

This^^^^^^^^ they will respond.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2013, 04:22:38 PM »
rape is no laughing matter

(unless you're raping a clown)
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 04:57:27 PM »
DO NOT LEAVE. Join Another squad. 94th DEVIL DOGS will take you and help you in anyway possible.

EZRhino

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2013, 05:09:27 PM »
Report these jerks!!!  Do not reward them by leaving the game.

THIS
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese