Author Topic: Using the TBM-3 in Coral Sea setups  (Read 11067 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Using the TBM-3 in Coral Sea setups
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »
What Perdue and the rest fail to understand, the Devastator is just as armored as the TBM - if not slightly less. Only speed makes the difference between the two aircrafts, if an A6m cant splash a few TBM's they are going to find out TBD's are no different. Not to mention although the TBD is slower, its also a way smaller target then a TBM, so there will be another whine later on for it I guess?

Yes, there is always a whine from me. The reason why I failed to realize all of that is because I am an idiot. Didnt you read my previous post. I am a stupid Axis Luftwhiner that doesnt deserve to lead men in FSO let alone fly it. I will not be happy until the Allies are forced to fly Camels whilst we fly 109's. There I said it.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2013, 03:06:22 PM »
Yes, there is always a whine from me. The reason why I failed to realize all of that is because I am an idiot. Didnt you read my previous post. I am a stupid Axis Luftwhiner that doesnt deserve to lead men in FSO let alone fly it. I will not be happy until the Allies are forced to fly Camels whilst we fly 109's. There I said it.

Always look on the bright side of life .......

:D

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2013, 03:06:29 PM »

Giving the Allies the Kate is about as stupid as giving the Germans a Spitfire or P51. "Lets just paint a meatball on it and call it even"
Instead of 10 pages, you could of posted the photo of TBM's diving at 450+ and requested an ALT cap to limit people playing timid in the FSO - this would of saved 10 pages of non-information regarding the said problem.

This makes more sense then painting a meatball, dont ya think?
JG 52

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »
Giving the Allies the Kate is about as stupid as giving the Germans a Spitfire or P51. "Lets just paint a meatball on it and call it even"
Instead of 10 pages, you could of posted the photo of TBM's diving at 450+ and requested an ALT cap to limit people playing timid in the FSO - this would of saved 10 pages of non-information regarding the said problem.

This makes more sense then painting a meatball, dont ya think?

Makes no cents to me because my IQ is 47. TBM-3 is 70 mph faster than the heavylee armurred, ruggud, tuff, un-killable TBD-1 Devastator. Probbly because the TBD-1 had 3 ft thick stainless steel armor all over the aircraft.

Sources:

Dood, Random. "Wikipedia", 2004.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:12:37 PM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2013, 03:10:18 PM »
... timid in the FSO

The tactics employed involved anything but timidity. It was the best chance of getting to
the target and possibly getting torps off. All of us figured we were dead.  :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2013, 03:11:55 PM »
Makes no sense to me because my IQ is 47. TBM-3 is 70 mph faster than the heavily armored, rugged, tough, un-killable TBD-1 Devastator. Probably because the TBD-1 had 3 ft thick stainless steel armor all over the aircraft.

You're just embarrassing yourself with a public pity party at this point (not unlike
your last crusade). Prove you're better than this. I'm giving you credit here. Take
it.  :)

And .... FSO staff ... just paint the Kate already.  :aok
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:14:09 PM by Arlo »

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »
You're just embarrassing yourself with a public pity party at this point (not unlike
your last crusade). Prove you're better than this. I'm giving you credit here. Take
it.  :)

No fun in that, no one takes me seriously anyway so why not have some fun?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2013, 03:15:52 PM »

lol I wonder how unbalanced FSO is going to be when zeros can use bb's to shoot down kates (which they couldnt even kill a devastator with them), maybe they can actually even out the F4Fs to Zero ratio if they do decide this.
JG 52

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2013, 03:16:19 PM »
No fun in that, no one takes me seriously anyway so why not have some fun?

Becauuuuse ... when you get carried away you get yourself banned and what
good are you doing then?  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2013, 03:17:01 PM »
lol I wonder how unbalanced FSO is going to be when zeros can use bb's to shoot down kates (which they couldnt even kill a devastator with them), maybe they can actually even out the F4Fs to Zero ratio if they do decide this.

There you go. The ultimate silver lining.  :cool:

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2013, 03:20:35 PM »
Becauuuuse ... when you get carried away you get yourself banned and what
good are you doing then?  :aok

Can I get banned for talking crap to myself? Anyway, Im out of this one. I tried. I stayed with it for 7 pages. Remained friendly and well-behaved but a few got to me and wouldnt get off. The trolls have taken over and the big boys are playing elsewhere in this forum. Therefore, Im gone.

Once more, I appreciate everyone's input <S>
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2013, 03:22:04 PM »
Can I get banned for talking crap to myself? Anyway, Im out of this one. I tried. I stayed with it for 7 pages. Remained friendly and well-behaved but a few got to me and wouldnt get off. The trolls have taken over and the big boys are playing elsewhere in this forum. Therefore, Im gone.

:salute

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2013, 03:30:48 PM »

FSO Staff has no control over skins; someone would need to create a USN skin for it, and it would need to be approved by HTC. If you joined a mission, you'd have to manually self-launch (not using the mission pop-up box that asks if you want to score as this or as that) to have it use anything other than the "default" skin...you'd still see the majority of USN Kates with IJN markings. And if there is only one mission type, like certain fighters can only be flown in fighter mode or a bomber can only be in bomber mode, you don't even get to use a custom skin if you're in a mission.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2013, 03:37:52 PM »
FSO Staff has no control over skins; someone would need to create a USN skin for it, and it would need to be approved by HTC. If you joined a mission, you'd have to manually self-launch (not using the mission pop-up box that asks if you want to score as this or as that) to have it use anything other than the "default" skin...you'd still see the majority of USN Kates with IJN markings. And if there is only one mission type, like certain fighters can only be flown in fighter mode or a bomber can only be in bomber mode, you don't even get to use a custom skin if you're in a mission.

FSO staff is the volunteer group that may request approval of said created skin when it involves
substitution for an event. The skin may be created by anyone (including an FSO staff member) but
just any ol' player can't get HTC's approval for the skin to be downloadable for use in the event
arena.

Unless the method has changed since I was an AvA vol.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2013, 03:53:01 PM »

:salute Sorry you think trolls took over, I don't see any real comment from anyone that would say otherwise.

I don't think HTC would approve of it, then again there were Japanese Skins for German Aircrafts etc so anything is possible - from HTC's standpoint if someone wants to skin it I don't think he would care since the FSO staff is mostly volunteer.
JG 52