Author Topic: Question  (Read 831 times)

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
Question
« on: May 18, 2013, 09:35:23 AM »
If i replace the check 6 call. Does it have to be in an mp3 or a wave format and do i rename it check6 or checksix or what?
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 10:38:53 AM »
The name should be exactly the same. The sound format is not as important, although for best compatibility it might be advisable to use similar to the originals.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 11:50:20 AM »
thing is I never found an original check 6 file..thats why I needed to know what to name it...I've tried check6...its not working.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 01:47:13 PM »
That explains some... You'll have to create a "Sounds" folder inside the AcesHigh folder. IIRC check6 is the name for the file, I might be wrong, though, it's been ages since I've used other than the default sounds. Anyway, the default is included inside the code and that is why you can't see the original...

Another way to find out would be to download any of the sound packs and see the specs from there. You don't even have to install the whole pack if you don't want to. You can choose one or more sounds, anything that's not represented in the "Sounds" folder will continue working as default. For your personal use it's even alright to mix the sounds of different packs. Just a reminder: The packs are more or less copyrighted material, so you can't publish the mix you might compile without permission of all who have been creating the sounds.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 01:49:13 PM »
the file is labeled as "Check6.mp3" and is located in the "sounds" folder here C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High <--- default location.

The sounds the game uses as default are IN the game so you can't find them. Creat a sounds folder in your "Aces High" folder (if you don't have one) and place the "Check6.mp3" file in there.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 02:31:18 PM »
Create a sounds folder in your "Aces High" folder (if you don't have one) and place the "Check6.mp3" file in there.
mp3? Wow! How time flies and the improvements improve! It used to be all wav when I was living the first half of a century in my life. Must be the Miles sound system that has enabled that.

Kotisivuni

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 10:32:16 PM »
either works.

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 09:10:45 PM »
For some reason its not working. :huh :huh I still get the default check 6. I have an MP3 of the sound that I want as a check 6. I put it in my C/Hitech Creations/Aces High/ Sounds.....I named it Check6. I have tried it as a wave and an mp3...I tried naming it check6......Check6.....Check_ 6....check_6...its still not working. Any other ideas? :bhead :bhead