Author Topic: Babylon 5 - 20th Anniversary Convention memorial  (Read 102 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Babylon 5 - 20th Anniversary Convention memorial
« on: May 26, 2013, 09:51:00 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5KlNEh2Yo4

Sad to see so many of the cast have passed. Makes me feel old.  :(
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
Re: Babylon 5 - 20th Anniversary Convention memorial
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:39:50 AM »
Loved B5, have the whole series in order on Vid.. Great Epic Storyline.. Left incomplete!
They had plenty go on with, the Drak war, the Telepath war, the Fall of Centauri Prime..
The Final accounting with Bester and the Psicorp.. The final accounting between Gkar and Londo!
Vir as Emperor.. Lanier turning traitor???(can't even picture that)

Wow so many gone, didn't even realize it had been that long..
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:53:19 AM by RngFndr »

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 12:43:23 PM »
Wow! I can't believe it has been 20 years.

Back then my life was so simple and full of promise. Those were good times.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:45:24 PM by smoe »

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 03:28:26 PM »
RngFndr, those subjects have all been covered in the books that came after the last TV movie regarding Babylon 5.  I can give you the cliff notes version if you like.  Sort of like the "Deep Space Nine re-launch", which was just a bunch of books that carried the story forward, B5 has had over a dozen books continue and complete the "story".

JMS, the creator/writer of the series has been very busy now that he's a part of Hollywood's elite writers and producers.  He's stated again recently though that B5 is his passion still, and has been working for years to bring it to the big screen, and has come close a few times.  He's also still working on another "Lost Tales" disc, that could have been a real success in 2007, had MGM not bit the big one when it did.