Author Topic: Belly landing and going boom.  (Read 580 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Belly landing and going boom.
« on: May 28, 2013, 07:21:15 PM »
Sometimes I have a slightly damaged aircraft and have to belly land, when I do this I slow to a speed well under 150mph, often as low as 90-120.
A number of times now the left wing had decided to sink into the scenery and then cause the aircraft to explode.

There is some kind of bug, it did it tonight in the 109F on a CV issing right flap, cowl gun and hub cannon.
Not much damage, and at 128mph I'd expect to come to a grinding halt on a CV deck going in the same direction as I make the comparative speed more like a 70mph landing
The film I have of it doesn't even show correctly, the AHfilm doesn't show the left wing dip into the CV deck roll 45' and then tower me.

:salute
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:29:58 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Belly landing and going boom.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 01:14:52 PM »
I use wheels to land unless they are shot off.

Your percentage of successfull landings goes up greatly.........especially on a cv where not being on your wheels might get you pitched over the side.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 05:04:20 PM »
I use wheels to land unless they are shot off.

Your percentage of successfull landings goes up greatly.........especially on a cv where not being on your wheels might get you pitched over the side.

You've made this post and commented without even downloading the film, where I landed dead centre. Go be 'you' somewhere else.
JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 10:27:13 PM »
(On my end of the film viewer at least) at the end of the clip there you just nosed down far too hard, that's all.

:salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 01:12:26 AM »
I've had the same issues landing 190's on the cv. I end getting a pncake death when I was exucuting a perfect belly landing.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 09:12:43 PM »
Use the wheels......I land all sorts of planes on the cv with wheels including the ar234 which I rearm and take back off with.

There was no guaranteed safe landing in real life when you bellied in on a cv and I'll bet relatively high percentage of pilots who did so ended up dying.

Online JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 12:20:19 PM »
Use the wheels......I land all sorts of planes on the cv with wheels including the ar234 which I rearm and take back off with.

You re-arm and takeoff again, from a CV? :headscratch:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 12:34:17 PM »
You re-arm and takeoff again, from a CV? :headscratch:

He does everything perfectly, he is the bestest best most awesome pilot in aceshigh, how could you doubt him.

*sigh*
JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 04:07:01 PM »
I'm obviously better than some clown who whines when he destroys a plane by landing gear up on a cv.

Just because you can't do it, dolby, doesn't mean it can't be done.

It just means you can't do it or be bothered to expand your skillset.

I sat on the cv for an hour before taking back off.....and leaving my wheels down so I didn't include that part.......but it's available on request.

Sadly, the older film in the newer film viewer did not show the rearm messages or the ord added by the rearm and had the cv moving from under me a few times.....but you can hear me drop the ord much later when I take back off.

I guess that's a bug but not sure if it's important.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:13:37 PM by icepac »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 04:20:35 PM »
I've had a left wing sink into the concrete on land aswell, which is why I think that there is a bug somewhere. I've been flying an landing for years in AH....

Anyway why am I explaining myself to you icepac, your a proper bell end I need to add to the ignore list. I can't cope with your stupidity for much longer, your 1 step from a full Midway. :bhead
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:22:40 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 11:04:25 PM »
I've had to end up landing a lot of planes without gears lately and I haven't had this happen. Is it only in 109s?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 11:07:10 PM »
You're whining because you blew up a plane you didn't take the time to land properly.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 11:24:43 AM »
nevermind.  :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54