Author Topic: DB boost: wha wha whatdya say? And tabbing!  (Read 899 times)

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
DB boost: wha wha whatdya say? And tabbing!
« on: May 30, 2013, 11:08:27 PM »
1st sound issue!:
ok, me lil speaker thingy in the bottom right corner of desky toppy screeny lol...
Right click it, then 'recording devices', then double-click my headset icon (only icon there), then 'levels tab'...
it is all the way to the right side: 100! MIC IS AT FULL?

Each time I log into game, I sometimes get "wha wha whatdya say?" and "can't hear you!"

So I then remember that each time, EVERYTIME I LOG IN, I have to go to clipboard, options, preferences, voice: DB boost... and SCOOT IT almost all the way to the right.

So, at this point, every one seems to hear me just fine, supposedly!
FIX IT TO STAY WHERE I LEFT IT THE LAST TIME I WAS LOGGED IN, PLEASE!  :frown:
And I'm not the only one with this issue.  Fix please! Work work!!

2nd sound issue:
Other players on channel, for example, think I'm ignoring them or something... really its that they don't know I'm tabbed...  :frown:

Ok, when playing, sometimes we need to taaab, or is it alt-tab? heh,
so that we can  go check a stat on an airplane or something!
or restart a youtube video for me background music etc.

I would like the game to have an option so that I can still hear the game, including other players talking on channel, and also be able to still talk with them back, while tabbed!
other games have this option!  Fix please! Work work!!

:salute
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: DB boost: wha wha whatdya say? And tabbing!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:49:00 AM »
Fix please! Work work!!

Fix please! Work work!!
again, that's just a good way to piss someone off...

not sure what you have going on with your system but the mic boost setting on mine stays where i put it. if you have the auto mic boost box checked, uncheck it, set the boost level to where you want it, making sure the main mic level is maxed out, then click apply, then ok. if you don't click apply, the changes won't stick when you exit the game.

if you're alt+tabbing, you're increasing the possibility of causing yourself a problem with the game, especially if you have an unstable connection. if you're participating in a mission and are going to minimize the game, you should probably announce over mission vox or range that you are going afk. in all other situations you can either use vox or text that you are going afk so that those who may or may not be interested and are paying attention will know that you are not going to respond immediately. of all the games i previously had and/or currently have installed on my systems, i have yet to experience one that continued sounds of any kind when i minimized it. i'd be interested to know what multi-player game has a built in vox option that continues to operate when the game is minimized.

on another note, if you have an "unstable connection" as you noted in your other wishlist post and are getting disco'd, you shouldn't be streaming something from youtube or anywhere else on the net while running aces high. that's just not smart, to put it politely.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:11:44 AM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 08:30:36 AM »
Mic boost slways toddles off on its own accord for me too. Also in the last couple of weeks everyone sounds like they are talking through a cushion and no amount of bar jiggling in the preferences menu. Every other sound is crystal clear :furious
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 09:23:38 AM »
Can't you also adjust boost in windows?
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 09:28:32 AM »
Can't you also adjust boost in windows?
should, especially with a hd sound card...it is separate from the in game mic boost setting but it does help.
jarhed  

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 11:50:16 PM »
No idea where to set db boost, besides in game.

And my computer is better than most. This is not the topic.
And my internet gets replaced in about two months. Not topic either.

Topic!
Make the ingame sound slider stay where I left it!
Me and if me many others probly too...

Ok, all serious, no jokes, soooo sorry to the argumentative guy that the joke wasn't even stated to...
The troll?
I am a paying customer! Just like others that have same mic issues.

Soo, HTC, make it stay, please!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 01:38:11 AM »

Topic!

Ok, all serious, no jokes, soooo sorry to the argumentative guy that the joke wasn't even stated to...
The troll?

great news, wish granted!!!

if you have the auto mic boost box checked, uncheck it, set the boost level to where you want it, making sure the main mic level is maxed out, then click apply, then ok. if you don't click apply, the changes won't stick when you exit the game.
evidently there is a reading impediment keeping your settings from staying where you set them...

and i don't care if you're a billion dollar dancing monkey in the taj mahal...stupid can not be corrected by htc or anyone else.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:04:32 AM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 07:53:15 AM »

Topic!

The troll?

The point here is that out of the THOUSANDS of players that have the game YOU and a FEW friends have an issue. This usually means YOU and your FEW friends are the ones that have a problem, NOT the game. The rest of us DON'T have a problem with the sliders stay were WE put them.

To fix the problem YOU have to look into YOUR "better than most" computer and find the file setting for the game and make sure that it is NOT set to "Read Only".

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 02:44:40 PM »
<--- not puter smarty enough to find any other slider for volume.

I just right clicked 'my computer' icon, went to properties, device manager, sound area... no sliders!I said already about left clicking my speaker icon at bottom left of screen, volume slider at full!

I just logged in, just now, and and and and... options, preferences, voice... and db boot slider is not checked, slider was at left most edge, I scooted it to almost full right side.
I clicked apply, and clicked apply three more times clicked apply. And then clicked 'ok'... for screen to go away.
This is what I have to do when I log in per day. Sometimes when I log back in hour later, its still where I left it. Not sure...

ooohhhkkaay!

<--- (the You) needs help finding sound area slider other than the volume one from right clicking.
<--- doesn't want to argue! just not have to remember to do stuff when I log in.

A squaddie has this same issue. Other players's volume is really low sometimes and I wonder do they have same issue.
Not trying to find fault with the game, just trying to help correct an issue... thanks!

possibilities?
that I cant find db-boost slider?
when my puter goes to sleep mode?
if I open other program that messes up sound settings? <---????
when we get a new map? <--- ???
my 'Microsoft lifechat lx3000' headset has a 'mute mic' button, that mess it up? testing now... <--nope, muting it didn't change position of slider.

And in the mean time, I hope no one is talking me me on squad channel or what because i'm tabbed!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:50:08 PM by Franz Von Werra »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 05:32:43 PM »
usb headset ok...

first, in aces high, the sound device being used should be that headset...you probably already have it set but, trying not to assume anything.

to find the windows mic boost setting...right click the speaker icon in the task bar (the one you left clicked before), then go to recording devices, locate the microphone your using and make sure it is checked as the default device, then highlight it and click on properties...you should be able to go to levels and find 2 sliders, microphone and microphone boost. setting the boost to +20db should be enough. then go to advanced and either set it to 44000hz or 48000hz. if there is an enhancements tab, make sure noise suppression and echo cancellation are not checked (those 2 options may or may not exist). click apply then ok.

as Fugitive said, there may be a file set to "read only" under C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High...and since i personally have never had the problem you're having, i'm just going to list all the files i think are involved.
sounds.res, right click it, then left click properties...read only should not have a check mark in it.
under the settings directory, look for radio.cfg...right click it, then left click on properties...again, read only should be clear.

i hope that gets you on the road to being heard properly without you having to fuss with it more.
jarhed  

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 11:17:58 AM »
Youy can'ty fixy ______y!

whatdya say? I better defer to "No Comment"  :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 03:01:24 AM »
recent tests:

DB boost checked is louder than DB boost unchecked with slider all the way to the right.
So 'auto' is louder than 'manual' setting.

Sorry if I frustrated anyone, but it frustrates me too having to deal with it on a regular basis.
Maybe just requesting that the staff take a look, otherwise, never mind! I sorry!  :uhoh

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 07:22:50 AM »
I would think it would be tough for the staff to take a look at it, but if you want to bring your computer to HTC in Texas I'm sure they could take a look at it for you. The problem is on your computer, not in the game.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 09:25:27 AM »
The message was OK, the delivery could have been a little better. Just my opinion.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54