Author Topic: kudos to Guess Who  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: kudos to Guess Who
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 03:37:15 PM »
true but the behind the scenes drama
was to
much.

Currntly on damage control :banana:

Are screenshots available for entertainment value?  :D

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 03:42:10 PM »
Are screenshots available for entertainment value?  :D

:rofl
even if there were(which there aren't) I wouldn't share them. I'd get multiple hits by the ban hammer
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 03:56:04 PM »
even if there were(which there aren't) I wouldn't share them. I'd get multiple hits by the ban hammer

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 03:56:14 PM »
I would add...

Who maybe you can show us your new and evolving ninja anti-spam skills.  Wow us with your silence.

In this context, just remember this one sentence before you type: less is more.

The more you talk with your flying skills and less with your 200 "skills" the better this game is for everyone.

Thanks.  :salute

-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »
Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam
Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

I am who shade poo flier midway spam shade :banana:
 :neener:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
I would add...

Who maybe you can show us your new and evolving ninja anti-spam skills.  Wow us with your silence.

In this context, just remember this one sentence before you type: less is more.

The more you talk with your flying skills and less with your 200 "skills" the better this game is for everyone.

Thanks.  :salute

Yes, Sir. :frown:

:salute

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 04:22:58 PM »
I like the fact that your running to and hiding in the ack won't deter "who" from coming after you.

He probably spends more time in enemy ack than his own friendly ack.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 04:26:23 PM »
who/midway is a better pilot and a more respectful, polite person than 90% of the people who give him abuse

and on top of that he is a master troll

:salute my FTH
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 04:47:27 PM »
who/midway is a better pilot and a more respectful, polite person than 90% of the people who give him abuse

and on top of that he is a master troll

:salute my FTH

:O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl_NpdAy3WY  :x :cry :rock

:salute :cheers:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 05:38:36 PM »
This forum used to be about "WW2 Tech and Personality ACM Wars". My book is bigger than your book and my ACM is superior to your ACM.

Then it changed to "All My Aces" 24x7 with a soap opera cast of regulars.

Then over time it morphed into "All My Drama Qweens". 24x7 accusing each other of violations to the sacred ways of playing the game while competing to out insult each other over everything.

Finally we have evolved as a reflection of our popular culture.

Welcome to the "Aces High, the Reality Show".

You too can have your 15 minutes of fame if you are willing to do anything to hold the attention of the audience no matter how insulting, depraved, or irritating. Honorability was never high on the agenda for the Jersey Shore kids. That's a new one. Maybe the worm is turning again.

One can only imagine what will be next? "SQweekers on Parade" brought to you by the letter (xBox) and the prosthesis (Game Boy)??
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2013, 06:12:24 PM »
Only time will tell, Nostradamus :old:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2013, 12:01:51 AM »
This forum used to be about "WW2 Tech and Personality ACM Wars". My book is bigger than your book and my ACM is superior to your ACM.

Then it changed to "All My Aces" 24x7 with a soap opera cast of regulars.

Then over time it morphed into "All My Drama Qweens". 24x7 accusing each other of violations to the sacred ways of playing the game while competing to out insult each other over everything.

Finally we have evolved as a reflection of our popular culture.

Welcome to the "Aces High, the Reality Show".

You too can have your 15 minutes of fame if you are willing to do anything to hold the attention of the audience no matter how insulting, depraved, or irritating. Honorability was never high on the agenda for the Jersey Shore kids. That's a new one. Maybe the worm is turning again.

One can only imagine what will be next? "SQweekers on Parade" brought to you by the letter (xBox) and the prosthesis (Game Boy)??

Bustr, you always have such well written perspectives and appear here to openly lament the decline of values which you seem to observe in these more recent events.  What do you think causes these declines and how do we get back to the way things use to be or, as some would say, should be?  Are you saying there was much less drama and/or "look at me" activity in the past, and therefore yesteryear's pilots were resultantly better than the more recent crop as reflected here in these forums? :joystick:

Do the OP's comments regarding my "amazingly impressive" (his words) piloting skills not give you hope for the future or are you saying the decline is predetermined and therefore inevitable?  If the latter is the case, then what is the cause and what is the most optimal solution, given your observations, or do you instead believe the forum does not reflect the actual skills and related interests of the current group of pilots in the same way it did in the past? :headscratch:

Could you, perhaps, be biased by the general human trait to tend to remember the good more than the bad and therefore creating a better past than actually existed? :confused:

I tend to think that things, even here in Aces High, improve over time as knowledge builds upon both knowledge and experience and, frankly, find it somewhat disconcerting that the more experienced folk often tend to take the opposing point of view. :frown:

Hopefully as I get older and wiser, I won't fall into this often seen and somewhat negative thought process which you seem to support and certainly others have espoused.  I believe, if you step back a bit and look at how much things have advanced over time, that you may in fact find things improving and not generally deteriorating as you seem to imply above.  

Perhaps the worm isn't turning as much as simply advancing forward to an even better tomorrow. :aok

At least that is my perspective. :old:

:)

PS: Pardon me, Slade, but I thought bustr brought up an interesting observation. :salute
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:01:15 AM by Midway »

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 01:04:32 AM »
Yesterday I was working on a taking a base with country mates. We had overwhelming air superiority. Onenemy pilot kept upping. Each time he was running against an average of 5:1 odds against him.

He was not spraying and praying or any other desparate technique. He was downed often enough but kept on upping and using core ACM. This guy is ridiculed a lot but what i saw was amazingly impressvie. No score obsessed player would have ever done what he did.

His game name is Who.  :aok

I read the title and thought, no ya didn't. Read your post and see, ya you did...Don't see a facepalm emot, dang.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013, 01:32:33 AM »
Congrats middy  :aok  <S>  :cheers:
TheStig

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 06:50:21 AM »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:53:23 AM by Midway »