Author Topic: 163  (Read 5885 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: 163
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2013, 06:29:33 PM »
So how many of you didn't early on either crash a 163 on take off or on landing?

Auto take off.

Landing? Well for me, I almost always belly land because its faster in other planes so there weren't any problems landing a 163.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2013, 10:43:58 PM »

I'm not saying this be a smarthat, but  I believe you're missing a comma in that sentence, or if you are not then I believe I completely disagree with you.

If what you are saying is a perk price above where it was takes it away from the masses, then I agree.

On the other hand if you are saying the 163 should only be in the hands of the better players, well, then I disagree.

Your first assumption was correct.  I was saying it takes it away from the masses but at the same time there's so many people with perks to burn it's still not going to stop them from upping 163's.  The higher the perk price goes the fewer players that will be able to fly the 163 but at the same time those that do up will be flown by the deadliest pilots accomplishing nothing in terms of making strat runs worthwhile for a bomber pilot.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2013, 11:34:26 PM »
Your first assumption was correct.  I was saying it takes it away from the masses but at the same time there's so many people with perks to burn it's still not going to stop them from upping 163's.  The higher the perk price goes the fewer players that will be able to fly the 163 but at the same time those that do up will be flown by the deadliest pilots accomplishing nothing in terms of making strat runs worthwhile for a bomber pilot.

Correct, Most 163 pilots are lucky to kill anything and luckier still to make it home. Good sticks have the perks and the skill to make the 163 work, but newer pilots will never get the chance to learn them without risking most likely all the perks they have managed to farm in the last 2-3 months.

And offline mode is no good for learning the 163. Most 163 attacks happen at over 20k, were the 163s speed has to be handled carefully or you can get too fast far to easy and lock up your controls. (how I lost my first 163  :uhoh)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2013, 07:55:17 AM »
cc rgr BaldEagl

I lost my first one to collision. I don't hunt buffs often and really don't often get real high above to try slashing attacks. Thus, when I tried to slash at a buff in the first 163 I lost, bam collision.  :furious

At least then I think I only lost 30 perks.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2013, 09:49:41 AM »
The problem was/is that Me163s are such an easy answer to the guys who just spent two hours getting into position that even if you fail the first you can still intercept again, and maybe even a third time.  They trivialize defense which makes defenders lazy.  You can see this to be the case by how any approach near the HQ results in Me163s showing up.  There was no consideration of whether or not to risk the perks, the Me163s were automatically taken.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2013, 09:54:38 AM »
They trivialize defense which makes defenders lazy. 

Absolutely.

I was one of them  :)

----

And for years the only thing the Me 163s did defend was thir own base and the HQ. Both easily been avoided, particularly as ther HQ (due to ease of resupply) wasn't really a high-value target.
Today we have the factories, which are a very important target with much impact on the game - and on 9 out of 12 maps constantly in Me 163 range.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman