Author Topic: The Decline of the Forums  (Read 5554 times)

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Re: The Decline of the Forums
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »
One thing that has changed.  We've never had a village idiot on these boards with such stamina as the one we have now.

In that regard there is little point in trying to start any kind of conversation as they tend to end up in the same place every time regardless of the original topic.

One of the reasons the SMF gods gave us the ignore function on the boards. The HTC gods gave us the .squelch in the game. Certain individuals here are automatically ignored so I'm not bothered by those. In game I've gotten into the habit of .squelching certain names as soon as I see them. I'm only exposed to a single line of their attempt at notoriety.  :banana:
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2013, 03:41:14 PM »
Fine...

Nrshida is wrong.  I am right.  FPH's agree.  Go read Badboy's posts and learn something about ACM and fighting prowess.  Nuff said. :D

:bolt:

Go and read my latest post junior.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »
One of the reasons the SMF gods gave us the ignore function on the boards. The HTC gods gave us the .squelch in the game. Certain individuals here are automatically ignored so I'm not bothered by those. In game I've gotten into the habit of .squelching certain names as soon as I see them. I'm only exposed to a single line of their attempt at notoriety.  :banana:

down for a game of whose ignore list longer? Mine is rather lengthy and includes many of tools and fools who can't get enough of themselves.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2013, 03:54:44 PM »
One of the reasons the SMF gods gave us the ignore function on the boards. The HTC gods gave us the .squelch in the game. Certain individuals here are automatically ignored so I'm not bothered by those. In game I've gotten into the habit of .squelching certain names as soon as I see them.

Unfortunatley, at some point it doesn't help anymore. Namely if the troll is reeling so many in, that every thread becomes nothing but a spamfest.
Back in the day I finally left CH 200, because squelching Midway & manawar didn't help - the channel was still all about them. Instead of ignoring them, players would basically yell "shut up" at them for hours.

I'm afraid it's about the same with the forum. What does it help to squelch Midway only see 9 out of 10 postings in a thread either quoting him directly or, again, telling him to "shut up" - often in several paragraphs. I am very tired of that.

If you think he or others are spamming the forum our "ruining it", yo are not anything better if you constantly give in the need to reply. Actually, you are the stupid, not him.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2013, 03:58:21 PM »
down for a game of whose ignore list longer? Mine is rather lengthy and includes many of tools and fools who can't get enough of themselves.
is it possible to do that here? Never saw an option
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2013, 03:58:48 PM »

Unfortunatley, at some point it doesn't help anymore. Namely if the troll is reeling so many in, that every thread becomes nothing but a spamfest.
Back in the day I finally left CH 200, because squelching Midway & manawar didn't help - the channel was still all about them. Instead of ignoring them, players would basically yell "shut up" at them for hours.

I'm afraid it's about the same with the forum. What does it help to squelch Midway only see 9 out of 10 postings in a thread either quoting him directly or, again, telling him to "shut up" - often in several paragraphs. I am very tired of that.

If you think he or others are spamming the forum our "ruining it", yo are not anything better if you constantly give in the need to reply. Actually, you are the stupid, not him.

This for the love of god!!!!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2013, 03:59:55 PM »
is it possible to do that here? Never saw an option

profile, and it's under "Personal Message Options." Works for the message board. I only have 22, thought it was more.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2013, 04:10:53 PM »
profile, and it's under "Personal Message Options." Works for the message board. I only have 22, thought it was more.
wouldn't have thought to look there. YOU SIR, are on my Christmas list!
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/