Author Topic: New Sounds Released!  (Read 14374 times)

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
Re: New Sounds Released!
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2013, 04:59:24 PM »
The R-1830 is a suitable sound for the R-2600. They're both 14-cylinder engines with similar schematics. Until I find some reasonable source material for the 2600, it'll have to do. That being said, I found better source material for the R-1820, and have completed a separate Wright R-1820 pack. Some minor updates and such of previous packs is already underway. What does this mean?

Wind sound effects! I'm debating whether or not to mix in the wind sounds with the engine sounds at a low db level, as AH's sound engine doesn't really display wind effects properly. I'll see how they mix before I make a decision. Also on the table?

Junkers Jumo 004 sounds are nearing completion. Source material is still needed for the Argus As 10 (used in the Fi 156) and the Wright R-3350, so I've yet to begun work on those engines.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
Working on Argus As 10 sounds now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2013, 04:14:38 AM »
Do you have the sounds for the B-25's Wright R-2600-92 engines?

ack-ack

You're probably going to want to look at that more closely. Maybe consider the -20.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
I can't find any source material yet for the R-2600 that isn't payware, and I'm not going to take that road. So, the R-1830 as a substitute will have to do until further notice. I've found plenty of freeware source material for the R-3350, but it's mostly terrible... Think of it as wading through a really, really bad flea market.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2013, 04:42:29 PM »
This 4th weekend coming up would be a great time to visit an airshow. Just saying.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2013, 11:21:57 PM »
I would love to, but I unfortunately don't have the money.

Online Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2013, 07:49:59 AM »
Fruda anyway you can morph all you sound packs into one my computer wont let me download them 1 by 1
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 09:15:10 PM »
Fruda anyway you can morph all you sound packs into one my computer wont let me download them 1 by 1

I'm not sure how it's possible that your computer won't let you do that. All that has to be done is click a link, let one download finish, close the window, and then click another link to download that particular pack; the process is repeated until each pack you wish to have is downloaded.

I want to give people the option to have a set of sounds for their favorite aircraft groups, rather than force them to download one massive pack that they may not entirely use, or even want to use.

Online Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2013, 08:29:27 AM »
I'm not sure how it's possible that your computer won't let you do that. All that has to be done is click a link, let one download finish, close the window, and then click another link to download that particular pack; the process is repeated until each pack you wish to have is downloaded.

I want to give people the option to have a set of sounds for their favorite aircraft groups, rather than force them to download one massive pack that they may not entirely use, or even want to use.
its called PDF reader i dont know what it is but it stops me from downloading files like that i can download soundpacks like Mitsu's not like yours for some reason

He who must not be named

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2013, 10:40:25 AM »
its called PDF reader i dont know what it is but it stops me from downloading files like that i can download soundpacks like Mitsu's not like yours for some reason

A PDF reader has no way of preventing you from downloading a specific type of file. A PDF reader is exactly that: it loads PDF files so you can view them on your computer. It's far more likely that you have an antivirus program that's preventing the download applet from popping up.

Online Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2013, 10:45:09 AM »
it says pdf cant open flie everytime i try to download small files

He who must not be named

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2013, 02:16:34 PM »
Sounds like a program is trying to associate itself with extensions it can't access. What's the program specifically called? More importantly, try disabling the program, and then attempt to download.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2013, 04:11:47 PM »
Don't open WAV files with PDF...
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2013, 04:24:51 PM »

The sounds come as a .rar file. This is a type of zipped file that compresses the separate sound files. You need a program like winrar to open it. The reason yours tries to use the pdf opening program is you have it associated wrong. In win7 go to start/default programs. In that window click on associate files. When that opens and populates scroll down to to find the rar heading and click on it to change the association.

OR..... when you download and install winrar it should ask you about which files to associate with it and be sure to check rar.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2013, 01:25:23 AM »
New/updated sounds released!

Daimler-Benz DB600 Series Pack
Pratt & Whitney R-1830 Pack
Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Pack
Wright R-1820 Pack

Higher fidelity engine sounds have been added to the DB600 and R-2800 packs. The Wright R-1820 Pack is now a standalone from the R-1830, with different engine sounds.