Author Topic: New Sounds Released!  (Read 14386 times)

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
Re: New Sounds Released!
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2013, 01:46:12 PM »
Thanks Fruda, been lovin these sounds  :salute
Squadron: Arabian Knights

In Game Name: AKBaloo

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2013, 02:49:13 PM »
I highly recommmend cranking up the sub-woofer with the Allison engine sounds.   :devil

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2013, 09:03:06 PM »
I highly recommmend cranking up the sub-woofer with the Allison engine sounds.   :devil

ack-ack

Try doing that when you fly the B-26. Those twin R-2800s make a nice hum/rumble.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2013, 04:32:41 PM »
For the new Yaks being added in the next update, I will rework the Allison pack to include folders for them.

I'm not entirely sure when I'll be able to, as my motherboard is currently being repaired at Gigabyte's RMA center.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2013, 06:24:40 PM »
For the new Yaks being added in the next update, I will rework the Allison pack to include folders for them.

I'm not entirely sure when I'll be able to, as my motherboard is currently being repaired at Gigabyte's RMA center.
Hey fruda what socket is it by any chance? I have a ton of motherboards laying around
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »
Hey fruda what socket is it by any chance? I have a ton of motherboards laying around

Socket AM3+. I have an AMD FX-8350 processor and 16gb of DDR3 1666.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2013, 01:02:19 PM »
Socket AM3+. I have an AMD FX-8350 processor and 16gb of DDR3 1666.
danm i have a AM3+ board but i think the RAM sockets are screwed because ive only gotten it to work with 1333 mhz RAM :( sorry i couldn't help  :(

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2013, 05:47:54 PM »
danm i have a AM3+ board but i think the RAM sockets are screwed because ive only gotten it to work with 1333 mhz RAM :( sorry i couldn't help  :(

Did you read the specifications on your board? Some AM3+ boards can only go up to 1333. The problem with my board is one of voltage: the north bridge has an issue that causes the system to freeze when more than one CPU core is used. I know it's the board, too, because the CPU and RAM test fine otherwise. I hope Gigabyte is done with "repairs" (I put it that way because in the RMA process, companies tend to just send you a new product) soon.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2013, 08:22:43 PM »
Did you read the specifications on your board? Some AM3+ boards can only go up to 1333. The problem with my board is one of voltage: the north bridge has an issue that causes the system to freeze when more than one CPU core is used. I know it's the board, too, because the CPU and RAM test fine otherwise. I hope Gigabyte is done with "repairs" (I put it that way because in the RMA process, companies tend to just send you a new product) soon.
Did you go into BIOS and check the voltages at all? To my knowledge the core scheduler is always in the CPU. Not the Northbridge if that info was sent over the FSB that would be kinda slow. Anywho i would have checked voltages and such first on the northbridge and CPU, could be old BIOS too.

EDIT: And my board says its rated for 1866mhz memory, oh well its a free board i got from a junk computer which a PSU blew up in so that may be why it craps out anything over 1333mhz

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2013, 10:01:28 PM »
Did you go into BIOS and check the voltages at all? To my knowledge the core scheduler is always in the CPU. Not the Northbridge if that info was sent over the FSB that would be kinda slow. Anywho i would have checked voltages and such first on the northbridge and CPU, could be old BIOS too.

EDIT: And my board says its rated for 1866mhz memory, oh well its a free board i got from a junk computer which a PSU blew up in so that may be why it craps out anything over 1333mhz

Voltages are "fine"; the oddity being that the VCore can't be changed (supposed to be able to change it on the 990FXA-UD7), and the BIOS simply cannot be updated (system crashes on boot and instantly reverts to F10 BIOS version). All signs point to it being a north bridge/memory controller voltage issue but we'll see if Gigabyte gives me a detailed report whenever the hell they're done.

Here's the thing: were it the CPU, I would've been able to get another CPU and the problem would have vanished. However, that's not the case, as I've tried  four different FX-8350s, and the same problem occurs. My memory tests absolutely fine in all stress testing programs, too. The easiest way to recreate the problem is doing a CPU test with Prime95: with one core selected, the test runs flawlessly; with two cores, it runs for a few seconds and then freezes; with more cores than that, it freezes the second the additional cores initialise.

I'm hoping that in due time, this problem will be nothing but a memory.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:08:05 PM by Fruda »

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2013, 01:06:19 AM »
Voltages are "fine"; the oddity being that the VCore can't be changed (supposed to be able to change it on the 990FXA-UD7), and the BIOS simply cannot be updated (system crashes on boot and instantly reverts to F10 BIOS version). All signs point to it being a north bridge/memory controller voltage issue but we'll see if Gigabyte gives me a detailed report whenever the hell they're done.

Here's the thing: were it the CPU, I would've been able to get another CPU and the problem would have vanished. However, that's not the case, as I've tried  four different FX-8350s, and the same problem occurs. My memory tests absolutely fine in all stress testing programs, too. The easiest way to recreate the problem is doing a CPU test with Prime95: with one core selected, the test runs flawlessly; with two cores, it runs for a few seconds and then freezes; with more cores than that, it freezes the second the additional cores initialise.

I'm hoping that in due time, this problem will be nothing but a memory.
Perhaps it may be the way the north bridge was sending instructions to the CPU, perhaps a certain amount of bits affected where for core allocation. In any case hope you get your MB back soon. I also have a gigabyte board for my i5 2500k LGA 1155 socket Z77 chipset (northbridge and southbridge on 1 chip) and it overclocks really swell from 3.7 ghz turbo speed to 4.8 ghz, gigabyte boards seem good to me i have many. The one i did have the RMA had a issue where it would start overvolting the CPU little by little (getting up to about 1.48) before the system just overheated. Gigabyte was kind enough to not only send me a new board but they told me the issue was a broken MOSFET that was leaking when heating up and losing its N state as it heated up as it was a P channel MOSFET.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2013, 10:49:52 AM »
Perhaps it may be the way the north bridge was sending instructions to the CPU, perhaps a certain amount of bits affected where for core allocation. In any case hope you get your MB back soon. I also have a gigabyte board for my i5 2500k LGA 1155 socket Z77 chipset (northbridge and southbridge on 1 chip) and it overclocks really swell from 3.7 ghz turbo speed to 4.8 ghz, gigabyte boards seem good to me i have many. The one i did have the RMA had a issue where it would start overvolting the CPU little by little (getting up to about 1.48) before the system just overheated. Gigabyte was kind enough to not only send me a new board but they told me the issue was a broken MOSFET that was leaking when heating up and losing its N state as it heated up as it was a P channel MOSFET.

Gigabyte are pretty good with their support. I'll be a happy panda when I get a properly working motherboard.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2013, 02:16:48 PM »
Getting my replacement board via UPS tomorrow afternoon/evening, so I'll be able to release sounds for the new Yaks.

Keep your eyes peeled, eh.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2013, 07:19:48 PM »
The new Yaks have been included in the Allison pack. Enjoy, and all that.

Allison V-1710 Pack

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2013, 04:06:15 PM »
The Merlin and R-1820 packs have been updated, and I have released an effects package, including gun sounds.

Rolls Royce Merlin Pack
Wright R-1820 Pack
Effects Pack