Author Topic: New Sounds Released!  (Read 14378 times)

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
Re: New Sounds Released!
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2013, 08:48:14 PM »
Squadron: Arabian Knights

In Game Name: AKBaloo

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2013, 12:41:18 PM »
The BMW 801 and Pratt & Whitney R-2800 packs have been updated.

Fixes: The Eng files for each pack had loop artifacts that made it apparent when the sounds were looping. This has been fixed, and now the sounds are much smoother.

Allison V-1710 Pack
BMW 801 Pack
Daimler-Benz DB600 Series Pack
Pratt & Whitney R-1830 Pack
Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Pack
Rolls Royce Griffon Pack
Rolls Royce Merlin Pack
Wright R-1820 Pack
Effects Pack

I have to say that it's amazing how much more definition my speakers have than the headphones I've been using for mixing. A lot of these artifacts aren't apparent when using said headphones, but as soon as I use my speakers, there they are. As of this update, all loop artifacts appear to be fixed. As far as my Effects pack is concerned, I realise that the flap and gear sounds don't play properly on some aircraft. To remedy this, I am currently looking for source material for aircraft-specific flap and gear sounds.

Edit: While attempting to delete obsolete packs, Zippyshare's strange interface caused me to delete everything. Eeeaaaagh. All packs have been uploaded again.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:14:23 PM by Fruda »

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2013, 10:46:44 PM »
I don't know what it is, but maybe working so much on these sounds has diminished my ability to hear loop artifacts when I'm working. When I take a break and come back, I hear more. Anyway, with that being said, another update.

BMW 801 Pack
Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Pack

I understand that there have been quite a few updates, but that's just my commitment to quality.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2013, 04:47:58 PM »
The Rolls Royce Griffon Pack has been updated.

Rolls Royce Griffon Pack

I felt it was easily the weakest pack of the set; I took it upon myself to dig through more source material and found some better clips to work with. I have kept some of the sounds from the original pack, but they've been reworked and cleaned up so they're much smoother, while sounding more powerful.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2013, 04:13:23 PM »
I'm working on an overhaul of all packs, excluding the Effects pack. Reason? The prop mixes used for the Eng sounds were too muddy; I have corrected this, and they sound markedly better. The problem occurred because I forgot to equalise the internal and external prop sounds after mixing down from 44.1khz.

But wait, there's more! Dedicated Junkers Jumo 211/213 sounds! I found some excellent source material, so I'll be uploading the Jumo pack with the rest of the others.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2013, 08:43:40 PM »
Fruda, the jumo pack sounds like a Merlin engine to be honest.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2013, 09:01:41 PM »
Yeah, you're right. Unreliable source material. Viewing a video of a restored Fw-190D-9 shows this with certainty, as (what do you know...) it sounds almost identical to a Bf-109. So, it appears that my original usage of the DB600 series sounds for the Jumo 211/213, considering they're almost identical engines (barring supercharger configuration), was the correct decision.

I'm beginning work to fix this oddity.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2013, 01:46:35 AM »
Jumo pack done away with; reverted back to proper DB600 series sound usage. More still, this Daimler-Benz update comes with a special surprise. Find out after installing... Let's just say it's a cut above the previous offerings.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2013, 09:16:25 PM »
cant download form that site.  doesnt like my security settings.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2013, 09:50:34 PM »
cant download form that site.  doesnt like my security settings.

semp

Odd. Try lowering your security settings (don't freak out) and attempt again.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2013, 04:17:09 PM »
Final update for core Daimler-Benz engine sounds. Much smoother and more detailed than previous update; this will be my definitive DB600 series pack update.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2013, 03:47:40 PM »
Daimler-Benz and Griffon packs updated. As it stands, the DB600 pack as of this upload will be the ultimate final version, as there is nothing in the way (as far as I can see at the moment) of better source material for it. The same currently stands for the Griffon pack, though it has to be said that if better source material is found, these will not be final versions. The way I see it, everything is ultimately a work in progress until absolute perfection is achieved.

Rolls Royce Griffon Pack

Offline Mason

• Zinc Member
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »
It downloads as a .rar file and it will not play. What am i missing?
Jagdgeschwader 11

www.JG11.org

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »
You need to download and install WinRAR (don't worry, no spyware). After that, the archives will open just like a .zip file. Simply extract the contents of each to your Aces High/sounds folder.