Author Topic: Fester  (Read 18245 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Fester
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 12:58:34 PM »
Fester Witch Hunt Thread #2.

This is no witch hunt.   Several us have known this for a couple of years and let the man grieve.   Pete is not one for pity and is not one topost with vitriol.   He is someone who is strong on his own merit and appreciates having good friends to help him ease the pain felt everyday.  He is a widowed father of three and has done an outstanding job of helping them cope.

Kappa.   All Pete is saying that sometimes not knowing can come back to bite you in the arse.

But I think this community should take heed and maybe start to appreciate the game for what it can be and shelve the ego's.   Wipe the slate clean and try to build this community back up.   

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 01:04:58 PM »
But I think this community should take heed and maybe start to appreciate the game for what it can be and shelve the ego's.   Wipe the slate clean and try to build this community back up.   

Agreed. I think sometimes we take the ego and bravado of being a virtual fighter pilot (an element that's
existed since the dawn of online fighter combat multi-player games) and transfer it to forum discussions
that have little or nothing to do with such. Of course, there will always be personality differences (who
knows how many in the community may have personality disorders) but nobody should ever take
it this far. I definitely want to believe that it's not a matter of true intent and was simply a matter of hurt
feelings being taken too far. This will, undoubtedly, happen again. I hope that all involved may be capable
of taking the steps necessary to bury this particular incident. It will take the strength to forgive as well as
the strength to exhibit genuine regret.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 01:30:01 PM »
Very sorry for your loss.  May God continue to grace you with peace and strength.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 01:44:23 PM »
Text omitted.

All of my family and friends' support and prayers to you and yours.

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2013, 02:07:51 PM »
SD--Thoughts and prayers.   
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »
sorry for your wife.. but you know fester prolly felt bad for posting that and edited it on his own.. now here you are bringing very personal info from your life to crucify fester abit more in the name of your family... that's pretty odd to me.. you coulda sent a pm if for any other reason.. just wow
Dont make excuses for that POS, you arent his momma. That gutless worm went way too far.

In all the years I have talked smack, Ive never made it personal. I kept it about the game.

What he done is not excusable.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 02:34:02 PM »
SD, I can't even imagine the pain and anguish you have been experiencing. If there anything you need, just ask this community as a whole. While I don't speak for everyone, I'm fairly certain that this group would do their best to help.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2013, 02:34:55 PM »
This is no witch hunt.   Several us have known this for a couple of years and let the man grieve.   Pete is not one for pity and is not one topost with vitriol.   He is someone who is strong on his own merit and appreciates having good friends to help him ease the pain felt everyday.  He is a widowed father of three and has done an outstanding job of helping them cope.

Kappa.   All Pete is saying that sometimes not knowing can come back to bite you in the arse.

a fair assessment
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2013, 02:45:10 PM »

I second the motion. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline hellwolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »
SD anytime you and the kids need a holiday, you are welcome to come visit us in Tasmania. Just Pm me and can arrange it all for you.
Ignore the fools, have a great day.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2013, 03:29:38 PM »
SD anytime you and the kids need a holiday, you are welcome to come visit us in Tasmania. Just Pm me and can arrange it all for you.
Ignore the fools, have a great day.

:aok :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2013, 03:48:26 PM »
Kappa,

No community survives long being dominated by a minority who claim immunity from their own words and actions due to self anointed superiority to the community's general body. Even if it's an online game community with the tired old excuse used as a shield of, " grow a pair it's only a game". Fester is the same human being as the rest of us with a specific superior talent for this game. Not a specific superior man over any of us regardless of his personal condition.

This post shows that good men have their limits to tolerating abuse at the hands of groups and individuals who vote themselves superior and act that out upon the rest in their conversations. A PM would have been ignored to keep the darkness enfolding us to this community forum tyranny by minority. This post is the light of day supported by the good members of this audience who have finally reached even their limits.

Being a god in the arenas does not grant you immunity from the requirements of being a good person in the forums. The "Lie" is that the dismissive attitude and scorn for the community as lesser beings is an act. Whom ever is expressing it or enabling it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2013, 04:08:20 PM »
Very sorry for you loss SD, I can't even imagine.

I agree with BP, Fester's post is inexcusable.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2013, 04:15:34 PM »
Kappa,

No community survives long being dominated by a minority who claim immunity from their own words and actions due to self anointed superiority to the community's general body. Even if it's an online game community with the tired old excuse used as a shield of, " grow a pair it's only a game". Fester is the same human being as the rest of us with a specific superior talent for this game. Not a specific superior man over any of us regardless of his personal condition.

This post shows that good men have their limits to tolerating abuse at the hands of groups and individuals who vote themselves superior and act that out upon the rest in their conversations. A PM would have been ignored to keep the darkness enfolding us to this community forum tyranny by minority. This post is the light of day supported by the good members of this audience who have finally reached even their limits.

Being a god in the arenas does not grant you immunity from the requirements of being a good person in the forums. The "Lie" is that the dismissive attitude and scorn for the community as lesser beings is an act. Whom ever is expressing it or enabling it.

This times infinity.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2013, 04:19:38 PM »
Kappa,

This post shows that good men have their limits to tolerating abuse at the hands of groups and individuals who vote themselves superior and act that out upon the rest in their conversations.  A PM would have been ignored to keep the darkness enfolding us to this community forum tyranny by minority. This post is the light of day supported by the good members of this audience who have finally reached even their limits.

Forum tyranny? I hi-lite that portion of your post cause it does work both ways..  His post was obviously self seen as over the line and he self edited the post.. The edit itself is evidence he knew it was a mistake.

Simple fact that the OP didn't use the PM system to handle this means he is so desperate to burn fester that he throws his family out for pity from the community.. Which I find just as deplorable as fester's original comment.. It's amazing to me that one would use the memory of their past on family for such..

I mean really.. A lot of folks here have lost their mothers and been on the receiving end of 'mom jokes' (which to them were not funny at all), but I have yet to see someone posting pics of the deceased mother to burn someone.. for pity's sake..  
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:30:21 PM by kappa »
- TWBYDHAS