Author Topic: Fester  (Read 18164 times)

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
Re: Fester
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2013, 04:21:59 PM »
This is no witch hunt.   Several us have known this for a couple of years and let the man grieve.   Pete is not one for pity and is not one topost with vitriol.   He is someone who is strong on his own merit and appreciates having good friends to help him ease the pain felt everyday.  He is a widowed father of three and has done an outstanding job of helping them cope.

Kappa.   All Pete is saying that sometimes not knowing can come back to bite you in the arse.

But I think this community should take heed and maybe start to appreciate the game for what it can be and shelve the ego's.   Wipe the slate clean and try to build this community back up.   

:aok
Onya Masher
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2013, 04:32:41 PM »
Kappa, I find it odd that you think someone would pull a stunt like this JUST to burn someone. 

Really, really !!!

The most hideous and disgusting personal comment was made, then edited, most likely to avoid getting banned and you are defending him for it. 

:bolt:
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2013, 04:34:07 PM »
Forum tyranny? I hi-lite that portion of your post cause it does work both ways..  His post was obviously self seen as over the line and he self edited the post.. The edit itself is evidence he knew it was a mistake.

Simple fact that the OP didn't use the PM system to handle this means he is so desperate to burn fester that he throws his family out for pity's sake to the community.. Which I find just as deplorable as fester's original comment.. It's amazing to me that one would use the memory of their past on family for such..

I mean really.. A lot of folks here have lost their mothers and been on the receiving end of 'mom jokes' (which to them were not funny at all), but I have yet to see someone posting pics of the deceased mother to burn someone.. for pity's sake..  
obviously he realized he'd crossed the line, else he wouldn't have retracted the offending part of the post.  That fact alone doesn't imply any sort of remorse--had he simply expressed that in a pm to SD, this thread likely wouldn't exist. People need to think REAL effing hard before their mouths betray what's going on between their ears
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2013, 04:46:24 PM »
Simple fact that the OP didn't use the PM system to handle this means he is so desperate to burn fester that he throws his family out for pity from the community.. Which I find just as deplorable as fester's original comment.. amazing to me that one would use the memory of their past on family It's  for such..

And I think in the eyes of the community you've just thrown yourself and your entire squad onto the fire with that ridiculous and heartless comment. This thread certainly especially isn't the place for it, or any thread for that matter.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2013, 04:48:44 PM »
And I think in the eyes of the community you've just thrown yourself and your entire squad onto the fire with that ridiculous and heartless comment. This thread certainly especially isn't the place for it, or any thread for that matter.

<S>...-Gixer

This has nothing to do with the Muppets.  Too many good guys to throw them as a group under the bus. 

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2013, 04:51:12 PM »

<S>...-Gixer

need a lighter for your torch? I have extra pitch forks for sale as well.. buy two and get a free lighter..
- TWBYDHAS

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2013, 04:53:53 PM »
Kappa,

These men have voiced their collective opinion that enough is enough after many years.

Argue with them, not me, to the obvious of what they chose to ignore all of this time.

Even you are enabling Fester down to this wire at the end. Are you going to still attempt to peer shame the OP, or members of this audience by yourself hoping we will back down from you and Fester because you are a "what??"? That is the crux of this tyranny by minority none of us voted for but, have tolerated as the status quo or (stare decisis) until now.

Being a superior player of this game does not grant you superior rights and immunities to anyone in this forum community as a person. The outcomes in the DA and arenas do not supersede the forum of ideas and basic human dignity because you can piu, piu, piu better than your peers.

What does that say for a person who would continue to try and force that illusion upon men who have now rejected the insanity of the notion?

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2013, 05:01:16 PM »
need a lighter for your torch? I have extra pitch forks for sale as well.. buy two and get a free lighter..

No need, your managing just fine all by yourself.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2013, 05:03:47 PM »
Kappa,

These men have voiced their collective opinion that enough is enough after many years.

Argue with them, not me, to the obvious of what they chose to ignore all of this time.

Even you are enabling Fester down to this wire at the end. Are you going to still attempt to peer shame the OP, or members of this audience by yourself hoping we will back down from you and Fester because you are a "what??"? That is the crux of this tyranny by minority none of us voted for but, have tolerated as the status quo or (stare decisis) until now.

Being a superior player of this game does not grant you superior rights and immunities to anyone in this forum community as a person. The outcomes in the DA and arenas do not supersede the forum of ideas and basic human dignity because you can piu, piu, piu better than your peers.

What does that say for a person who would continue to try and force that illusion upon men who have now rejected the insanity of the notion?

I'm not enabling fester at all.. I've already called the comment what it was.. and I'm calling this thread for what it is..

But to sum up your point.. Fester is a really good player and has been the sole tyrannical member of this bbs spouting exaggerated comments to other members for years because he felt abit omniscient?? And now its his time to be brought down? him alone?  Thats not a witch hunt at all..
- TWBYDHAS

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2013, 05:04:04 PM »
Forum tyranny? I hi-lite that portion of your post cause it does work both ways..  His post was obviously self seen as over the line and he self edited the post.. The edit itself is evidence he knew it was a mistake.

lol, more like evidence that he realised his vitriolic response was shockingly disrespectful and just begging for a PNG

dude gets so mad over his video game persona being insulted  :pray consider your way Fester

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLrnkK2YEcE
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:06:58 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2013, 05:04:44 PM »
Skuzzy lock this thread before it gets worse. Please

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2013, 05:06:22 PM »
SD:

Sorry for your loss.  My thoughts are with you as your family heals.  I will be hugging my wife and kids a little tighter this evening.

AMAX

AMAX  in game

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2013, 05:20:49 PM »
My condolences on the loss of your wife, SD67.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2013, 07:16:48 PM »
SD67,

My condolences for your wife and my admiration and respect for your resolve to make the best life you can for your children.

I apologize for hijacking your post. You were peer harassed by Kappa as happens in any POST to this forum since I can remember about the personal misconduct and actions of a muppet. In general the muppets have never been as good in the realm of equal men and ideas sans their joysticks and piu, piu, piu. Instead they have benefited from a well known  strategy of leveraging their historic reputation, enabling fans, and group peer pressure to suppress ideas that show them in a poor light, or they cannot honestly defend. A very well described tactic outlined by Saul Alinsky in his "Rules for Radicles". I doub't any of them has ever read it. In it's simplicity it's basic human nature related to peer groups and protecting their collective identity.

In this case there is no defense but, instead of Fester defending himself, Kappa is here defending the status quo. As you can see a tipping point has been reached in the minds of good tolerant men where the "reasonable person" construct from common law is applied to this conversation. They no longer believe Fester's defense is in any nature reasonable or they would not be voicing such candid opinions towards two of this game's highest Icons. Thus the strange damage control effort.

In the real world I suspect most of our daddy's upon hearing we had made a comment like targeted to yourself, with no public apology along with changing the transcript. Would have held court with our kesters behind the wood shed with a poleaxe. Not marched over to the innocent man's home and attacked him for telling the truth.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2013, 07:41:49 PM »
gezus chrimmany.. peer harassment is it now??

if I was defending fester I'd say something like the guy deserved the comment.. don't believe I did that..

geezz bustr, only point I was trying to make was a really strange way the guy went about attempting to set fester straight in a public forum.. if all he was after was an apology I'm pretty certain he would have got one thru a pm.. but hey, everyone has an axe and some just grind them differently.

don't know much about a status quo as I usually keep to me and mine.. really don't care how it changes if it does..
- TWBYDHAS