Author Topic: Fester  (Read 18160 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Fester
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »
Well, you pay your respects in whatever way you're comfortable with... and I won't call you mean names either.

Moments of silence allow for contemplation and silent prayer to reflect on SD's tragedy, his strength, and Fester's inexcusably hurtful words to him.  It is my way of honouring the memory of his wife and hoping for the best as he and his children continue on.  As well as hoping Fester and others with similar words in their minds give it appropriate consideration as well.

I will say flying in the MA silently thinking about SD and his family has certainly opened my eyes and mind to appreciate the people behind the joystick, and what potential challenges they have faced, are facing, or could potentially face.  It's also caused me to dedicate more time going forward to improving my in-game fighting skills and less talking smack to or with people like you.

:salute SD67 and kids

So burying the boards in drivel has ended?  Every thread will no longer be about you?

I'll believe when actually see it.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2013, 09:38:44 AM »
So burying the boards in drivel has ended?  Every thread will no longer be about you?

I'll believe when actually see it.

Your post here makes another one about me, and you have made many about me in the past.  If you don't want posts about me why do you then insist on making them? :rolleyes:

Or is this really about you making posts about you? :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2013, 09:49:50 AM »
The largest potential issue with all of this isn't Fester's predictably boorish response or MidWhoPhp's awkward proclamation of a day of silence.

Did everyone just kind of shut down when this took the nasty turn it did?

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2013, 10:06:22 AM »
The largest potential issue with all of this isn't Fester's predictably boorish response or MidWhoPhp's awkward proclamation of a day of silence.

Did everyone just kind of shut down when this took the nasty turn it did?

Didn't feel awkward at all and actually am proud to say impacted me in a positive way and felt like exactly the right and most appropriate thing to do. :salute

PS: In addition to flying silently in the MA, it even encouraged me to go to the TA and get some time in.  If not for SD67's story, I would likely have been in the MA talking smack to people.  So more people benefited than just me, unless of course, they would rather have me smack talking them. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:35:28 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »
Don't let this thread turn you into something bad as well, Junky, or to let badness turn this thread into something else.   

Something else?

What, exactly, is it now?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2013, 10:35:59 AM »
Didn't feel awkward at all and actually am proud to say impacted me in a positive way and felt like exactly the right and most appropriate thing to do. :salute

I'm sure it felt like satin sheets to you, but that wasn't my point. 

I think the point Dan was trying to make is that you staying silent on the internet is in no way a fitting tribute to anyone that has died, ever.  Most people would have felt silly suggesting it, but of course it seemed like an awesome idea to you.

If you're this clueless in real life, you really should stop it.  If this is just an act, you picked a bad time to continue it.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2013, 10:41:31 AM »
I'm sure it felt like satin sheets to you, but that wasn't my point.  

I think the point Dan was trying to make is that you staying silent on the internet is in no way a fitting tribute to anyone that has died, ever.  Most people would have felt silly suggesting it, but of course it seemed like an awesome idea to you.

If you're this clueless in real life, you really should stop it.  If this is just an act, you picked a bad time to continue it.

You know, normally I would argue with you and explain it to you, but since we obviously disagree on my doing nothing or my observing silence and reflecting on the real human tragedy here being the better of the two options for me... I'm not sure I would get anywhere with you and your insult hurling.  I do have more than a clue but won't go into it.  So let's leave it at that.  We'll agree to disagree, ok? :aok

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2013, 11:15:55 AM »
You know, normally I would argue with you and explain it to you, but since we obviously disagree on my doing nothing or my observing silence and reflecting on the real human tragedy here being the better of the two options for me... I'm not sure I would get anywhere with you and your insult hurling.  I do have more than a clue but won't go into it.  So let's leave it at that.  We'll agree to disagree, ok? :aok

I called you clueless.  That's the best way I could think of to describe someone who offered an lone day of silence on the internet to honor a life of someone they didn't know who died two years ago. 

This isn't a baseball game.  If you truly wanted to honor SD's wife, there's a thousand things you could have done, all of which without grandstanding it in the thread.
      -AoM-

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2013, 11:20:06 AM »
I will say flying in the MA silently thinking about SD and his family has certainly opened my eyes and mind to appreciate the people behind the joystick, and what potential challenges they have faced, are facing, or could potentially face.  It's also caused me to dedicate more time going forward to improving my in-game fighting skills and less talking smack to or with people like you.

That would be great advice for everyone on AH.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: June 21, 2013, 11:44:24 AM »
That maybe the most worthwhile thing that MickyD has ever said.
Lighten up Francis

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2013, 01:47:33 PM »
 :aok

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »
It would make sense if Micky was Midway... 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2013, 04:28:46 PM »

:noid
Top Gun

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2013, 04:30:57 PM »

lol

you can do better jojo :D :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 05:50:53 PM by MickDono »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2013, 05:07:02 PM »

If you're this clueless in real life, you really should stop it.  If this is just an act, you picked a bad time to continue it.
:aok