Author Topic: Perks in the DA  (Read 725 times)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Perks in the DA
« on: June 19, 2013, 09:51:16 AM »
In another thread, I came up with an idea to lessen the devilry of the DA pickers, HOers, and runners.

How about puting a slight perk price on all original perk planes, say a 50% cut in cost.
At the same time perks can't be earned in the DA. They must be earned else where.

Just an idea I came up with so let's hear :pray
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:33:03 AM by Zacherof »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cowards everywhere
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 09:57:25 AM »
what does the russian president have to do with aces high? i know he supposedly took a superbowl ring recently but, are you saying he's also a griever in the da?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: Cowards everywhere
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 10:12:47 AM »
what does the russian president have to do with aces high? i know he supposedly took a superbowl ring recently but, are you saying he's also a griever in the da?
:rofl. tired as hell,

and fixed :aok
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:14:40 AM by Zacherof »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perks in the DA
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 04:24:44 PM »
The DA furball lake is the closest thing we have to a training wheels arena. It's the only place many new players have to get used to the perk planes without a small hoard dedicated to taking them out as in the LWMA. They are no real threat to the DA duelers.

Zack, what are you still doing at the training wheels arena?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:48:41 PM »
The DA furball lake is the closest thing we have to a training wheels arena. It's the only place many new players have to get used to the perk planes without a small hoard dedicated to taking them out as in the LWMA. They are no real threat to the DA duelers.

Zack, what are you still doing at the training wheels arena?
actually there is one guy in particular person changes his call sign every month and seriously hurts the game play in there and he seriously made me think about quitting the game because he uses the dot f command to follow me to the arenas
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 05:07:31 PM »
Perks can be earned in the da?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »

No.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 05:32:13 PM »
everything is free except the Me-163/262

I understand the concept behind the lake but it seems like all everyone does in there is ho, ram, and repeat.

And why would you try and learn in a perk plane first? That seems illogical(although most players are)

Guess everyone is each to his own in terms of learning.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »
They pay the same fee you do.

They have the same rights to playing the game you do.

At least you have more skill and can function across the arenas while knowing they are corralled in a single place happily HOing the willy out of each other.

Knowing this, why do you need to be amongst those heathens if they are self segregating and minding their own business?

Additionally knowing this. Why when going there are you expecting something different while repeating the same action of going back there?

Who then has the real problem in this equation?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 05:54:48 PM »
No, some perked aircraft are good for dueling. IE. f4u4, 1C, spit14 (not any more), etc.
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: Perks in the D
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »
I sometimes find myself so bored with a dead MA I am forced to travel there.

I decline my wish. I wasn't thinking rationaly. And bustr I honestly don't belong in the DA.  MA is my home and your correct about it's there money too. I just don't understand, why someone wouldn't want to get better. Again each to his own.

In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 08:09:31 PM »
And bustr I honestly don't belong in the DA.  MA is my home and your correct about it's there money too. I just don't understand, why someone wouldn't want to get better. Again each to his own.
??? You can learn more than enough in the DA to carry over into the MA (assuming you don't use F3)
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 08:26:39 PM »
??? You can learn more than enough in the DA to carry over into the MA (assuming you don't use F3)
I honestly can't stand f3

And there's a difference between a singular duel and furball lake.

90%not my ventures into the DA were for 1 v 1's  or small group battles(in this case the CA would be better.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 10:45:18 PM »
To be perfectly honest, perks would be useless in the DA

1) If you want to furball, you can only expect that tard planes would be present

2) People who do go in there to learn at private fields and such SHOULD NOT be penalized for practicing in a plane they wish to learn... The training arena can only offer so much...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 11:33:05 PM »
The OP intent was to have some aircraft be perked, but at a lower cost.
Perks would be earned
in the main arenas
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle