Author Topic: Dar Dot, cursor rollever ID  (Read 267 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Dar Dot, cursor rollever ID
« on: June 21, 2013, 11:42:34 AM »
I really like this new feature.  I wish to add the type of plane along with the Pilots name.

Hartmann
   190D

^^^^^^^
Like that.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Dar Dot, cursor rollever ID
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 12:58:35 PM »
Just use it to ID the person and ask him what he is in.

I think knowing the plane type would allow griefers to report a countryman who they have a beef with to the enemy even down the plane type and location.

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 04:33:19 PM »
I see spiesssss!!!   :noid

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 05:02:27 PM »

You can already look in the roster to identify if someone is in the arena. Then ask on ch200, then green text, and finally PM a friend in the other country to locate where he is operating. Or you can ask on country text if anyone is facing the given player's squad at the moment and work from there.

Over the years squads have decided a single player or the players squad was in need of attention. Never took them long to locate the theater of operation to move to. The current hover over a friendly dot for a name, enabled or disabled by HTC is meaningless. Cross country communication has always influenced finding things in other countries in some manner or another. This is a game, not NATO.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 10:13:15 AM »
Let's say player 1 made fun of a fellow countryman's attempt to steal a kill by pouring rounds into a plane after player 1 had removed a wing.

Player 2 sees a dot deep into enemy territory that isn't generating a dar bar and moves the mouse over to see that it's player 1 in a lancaster.

Player 2 rings up a buddy on an enemy country and tells them of the NOE lancasters and where to find them.

Now if player 2 did not know what type of plane, player 1 stands a better chance of survival regardless of the game giving away his position.