Author Topic: Urgent help needed with screen freeze problem.  (Read 367 times)

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
Urgent help needed with screen freeze problem.
« on: June 28, 2013, 02:04:43 PM »
High all,
Since last couple days my screen start to freeze a lot. I checked everything i can think of but could not find a reason on my end which might cause it.

The screen freezes for couple secs. when:
1. merging with an other enemy player.
2. when i open fire
3. when somebody (or base ack) opens fire on me.

Below please find my system configuration:

GPU: Nvidia GT630M (1Gb Ram) , 3d settings are set to  `let the application decide.`

DirectX results:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/9dau2gtq5f0s30j/DxDiag.txt

My Video Setting:

All the other in game settings are currently set to minimum (but i was running with with full settings without any problem at about 58-60fps till couple days ago.)

Pingplotter Results:

Joystick : Logitech 3dExtremePro.
Rudder Pedals: Noname USB racing pedals.

- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Urgent help needed with screen freeze problem.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 02:55:25 PM »
You are getting packet loss on the first hop of your Internet connection.  This means your immediate connection to the Internet is losing packets.  This can be caused by any number of things, but it is best to go ahead an contact your ISP about it and let them do the physical checks.

If those pan out, then you could be looking at some type of DoS attack.  Or you may have inherited an IP address from someone who was running a torrents server, or some other type of P2P software.  If this is the case, it will usually drain within days of getting the new IP address.

The packet loss at the next to last, is normal.  That is a router which is ignoring the ICMP ECHO message.  Some ISP's do that.  It simply means you cannot measure the packet loss or performance of that router, using Ping Plotter.

Your computer may also be violated and it is running a bot, delivering thousands of emails to everyone you thought you ever knew.  It could be iTunes, if you run that.  Check the task manager and sort by process time in the processes list.  Also check the overall CPU usage percentage.  With nothing running on the desktop, the CPU load percentage should be zero

It appears the computer is a laptop, which means it could be throttling back due to heat as well.  They do get clogged up with dust and when they do they will throttle back in order to maintain thermal control.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
Re: Urgent help needed with screen freeze problem.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 03:39:20 PM »
You are getting packet loss on the first hop of your Internet connection.  This means your immediate connection to the Internet is losing packets.  This can be caused by any number of things, but it is best to go ahead an contact your ISP about it and let them do the physical checks.

If those pan out, then you could be looking at some type of DoS attack.  Or you may have inherited an IP address from someone who was running a torrents server, or some other type of P2P software.  If this is the case, it will usually drain within days of getting the new IP address.

The packet loss at the next to last, is normal.  That is a router which is ignoring the ICMP ECHO message.  Some ISP's do that.  It simply means you cannot measure the packet loss or performance of that router, using Ping Plotter.

Your computer may also be violated and it is running a bot, delivering thousands of emails to everyone you thought you ever knew.  It could be iTunes, if you run that.  Check the task manager and sort by process time in the processes list.  Also check the overall CPU usage percentage.  With nothing running on the desktop, the CPU load percentage should be zero

It appears the computer is a laptop, which means it could be throttling back due to heat as well.  They do get clogged up with dust and when they do they will throttle back in order to maintain thermal control.

Thnx Skuzzy Ip change fixed it.
- Der Wander Zirkus -