Author Topic: Update coming, arenas shutting down  (Read 2925 times)

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
Re: Update coming, arenas shutting down
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2013, 05:25:17 PM »
So grest now there's less stuff to bomb when in bombers, ya that's a great idea, why don't u just take the guns out of the plane as well.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2013, 08:29:13 PM »
So grest now there's less stuff to bomb when in bombers, ya that's a great idea, why don't u just take the guns out of the plane as well.
what do you care, you don't have any money for a subscription anyway...

And none made a significant difference to the point where buffs have something to go for other than towns (followed by bailing out) and the only strat for armchair generals is which base to horde with a NOE raid next.

<S>...-Gixer
cant' argue that, although it may be a matter of opinion. it takes a couple of bomber formations to do any serious damage, even then they can be re-supplied before the bombers rtb.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2013, 04:47:37 PM »
So but I do pay the 15 dollars every month, unless my bank. Accound isn't right.

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2013, 01:47:42 PM »
I do not understand how to disable the wave motion of the PT boat. What is the name of the flag? Can this be disabled in the main arena anyway or is it dictated by general settings?
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2013, 03:44:53 PM »
I do not understand how to disable the wave motion of the PT boat. What is the name of the flag? Can this be disabled in the main arena anyway or is it dictated by general settings?

I haven't looked yet, but the way I understand it, it's an arena setting and cannot be changed by players except in custom arenas or offline (or by CM's during events).
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Eurastus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2013, 01:28:00 AM »

You probably understand the instructions; it just that the instructions don't work.  Arena Setup to Arena Settings to Arena Flags.  Once there, click an "X" in the disable wave motion box.  Save your changes.... all according to the instructions for the V2.30 Patch 3 update.  And, it doesn't work no matter how many times you do it, or how you sequence the SAVE button, reboot, restart, or pray.  And the kangaroo PT boat change is the most annoying thing I've run across in the game.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »

You probably understand the instructions; it just that the instructions don't work.  Arena Setup to Arena Settings to Arena Flags.  Once there, click an "X" in the disable wave motion box.  Save your changes.... all according to the instructions for the V2.30 Patch 3 update.  And, it doesn't work no matter how many times you do it, or how you sequence the SAVE button, reboot, restart, or pray.  And the kangaroo PT boat change is the most annoying thing I've run across in the game.

Agreed on the PTs The only times I've been ona boat that rocks so much is when driven by sail, when a much larger boat has passed by, when a storm is approaching or when drivin by someone who didnt know how to drive it. LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 11:51:42 AM »
Wingman formation command should be interesting. 

Flying in formation isnt all that difficult with practice and people you are familiar with. Not to mention a lot of fun.
 Most people are just too lazy to do it. The key to maintaining formation is the flight leader acting as a leader and being responsible enough announcing what he is doing ahead of time. Again. Most people are simply too lazy to do it.

The group I used to fly with (Pale Riders) With Wind, Zank, Nads, agflit and the rest we used to do it all the time as a matter of standard practice and we got to be really really good at it.
 Sometimes we would do it and trick the opposition and often even friendlies into thinking we were a group of buffs till we got close enough to ID.

I'd highly recommend people try it even without the auto feature. Its a blast to do and gives you something to do on some of the longer flights adding to the immersion level.
The auto thingie I can see coming in handy when someone has to go afk as one of its largest benifits

Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2013, 12:02:35 PM »
Flying in formation isnt all that difficult with practice and people you are familiar with. Not to mention a lot of fun.
 Most people are just too lazy to do it. The key to maintaining formation is the flight leader acting as a leader and being responsible enough announcing what he is doing ahead of time. Again. Most people are simply too lazy to do it.

From a very personal point of view, having to fly in formation for extended times was the biggest single reason I stopped taking part in scenarios. I may had done a few more if such a feature would had been available.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2013, 01:56:54 PM »

From a very personal point of view, having to fly in formation for extended times was the biggest single reason I stopped taking part in scenarios. I may had done a few more if such a feature would had been available.

I dont mean group flying everyone headed to the same place moving from point ot point hoping that at some point you might be able to find someone to fight.

I mean flying formations

And there is a difference between having to. And wanting to.

But I agree. For scenarios it would come in handy
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2013, 03:57:07 PM »
Would be good to be able to be in different formations.   
.wv .we .wd etc
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2013, 05:23:22 PM »
On climbout it most definetly comes in handy when i go for a smoke lol
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2013, 04:42:20 AM »
Try flying with a wingman then both of you turn on the auto formation. It is hilarious...

I wonder how long it will take till bomber players start to abuse it.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs