Author Topic: Take away the bomber icons please  (Read 812 times)

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
Take away the bomber icons please
« on: August 02, 2013, 08:06:20 AM »
My suggestion is to delete  the bombers icon and give bomber pilots a chance to survive to such a full hostile environment of AH. And I explain my self
There is no way for a medium bomber to survive in AH if spotted by the enemy.  

As a medium bomber I mean Β-25, Β-26, Ju-88, Ju-87, TBM, SBD, Boston, He-111, B5N.

Same goes with the B-17/24 Lancaster.

To put it simply: B-17, B-24, Lancaster, B-25, B-26, Boston , Ki-67, He-111, Ju-88, G4,  if you choose to fly ‘em  without formation then there should be no icon.

When there are in formation the icon works as is.

Planes like Ju-87 , TBM and B5N there must be without icons, in order to provide to these guys more chance to survive and let these planes used more.

Planes excluded are

the A-20 and Moss (as they also used like air superiority fighters), B-29 and A 234  (for obvious reasons), D3 A (for being super agile)  and Il-2 . Goon icon is debatable.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: Take away the bomber icons please
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 08:18:24 AM »
I like the idea of 3k icons below 500 feet for all planes. Give the guys flying low some kind of break for the effort.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 08:37:27 AM »
I say no.

As has been mentioned numerous times, the icons are in place because the limited resolution of your monitor leads to reduced visual range over what you'd experience IRL. Removing icons would give FAR more of an advantage to these aircraft than they ought to have.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 09:03:58 AM »
No.

And who using a Mossie bomber for air superiority?  It has no guns.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 09:21:59 PM »
Would only make 999000 more dangerous  :banana:
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 11:12:49 PM »
Bombers have far more of a chance to survive than any that historically flew. So "no" to any suggestions that artificially buff them. The tank tards already got that done to GVs and it's killed a major part of the game. No need to repeat the same for bombers.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 02:58:24 AM »
For stuka's, climbing kills their so bad that its difficult to use stuka bombs to kill tanks.
Have to dive down just to get a tank sighted, then climb back up and get ready to bomb.
If you don't bomb the tank on your second dive, your Stuka will have to climb out for a few minutes before next try.

Stukas in game: Great for destroying buildings, terrible for destroying tanks.
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 03:13:13 AM »
I say no.

As has been mentioned numerous times, the icons are in place because the limited resolution of your monitor leads to reduced visual range over what you'd experience IRL. Removing icons would give FAR more of an advantage to these aircraft than they ought to have.

Agreed, us guys with 1.4 vision will never have ingame the advantage that would give in real life.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 03:40:04 AM »
For stuka's, climbing kills their so bad that its difficult to use stuka bombs to kill tanks.
Have to dive down just to get a tank sighted, then climb back up and get ready to bomb.
If you don't bomb the tank on your second dive, your Stuka will have to climb out for a few minutes before next try.

Stukas in game: Great for destroying buildings, terrible for destroying tanks.

You're not very good then if you have a tough time bombing GVs in a Stuka.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 04:44:54 AM »
-1 for reduced or no icon.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 11:18:11 AM »
My suggestion is to delete  the bombers icon and give bomber pilots a chance to survive to such a full hostile environment of AH. And I explain my self
There is no way for a medium bomber to survive in AH if spotted by the enemy.  

As a medium bomber I mean Β-25, Β-26, Ju-88, Ju-87, TBM, SBD, Boston, He-111, B5N.

Same goes with the B-17/24 Lancaster.

To put it simply: B-17, B-24, Lancaster, B-25, B-26, Boston , Ki-67, He-111, Ju-88, G4,  if you choose to fly ‘em  without formation then there should be no icon.

When there are in formation the icon works as is.

Planes like Ju-87 , TBM and B5N there must be without icons, in order to provide to these guys more chance to survive and let these planes used more.

Planes excluded are

the A-20 and Moss (as they also used like air superiority fighters), B-29 and A 234  (for obvious reasons), D3 A (for being super agile)  and Il-2 . Goon icon is debatable.

:airplane: My .02 cents worth is that the game has it about right now! If anything, extend the icon range when you are in a bomber, so that you can better prepare yourself for defense. Right now, a good 262 pilot such as Snailman or Angus has a big advantage because of approach speed to the bombers!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!