Author Topic: Gun aim in Bombers.  (Read 238 times)

Offline LtBombero

• Zinc Member
      • Escuadrón Aereo 201, Aguilas Mayas
Gun aim in Bombers.
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:24:04 AM »
 Before the last update, guns in a bomber were aimed by default in the straight and neutral position of the gun. For instance the tail gun was aimed directly level and astern when you switched to the position from the cockpit. Since the update, the guns are now aimed where ever they were last pointed when you left them, regardless. this is extremely annoying and confusing... :headscratch:.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Gun aim in Bombers.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:32:22 AM »
why is that annoying and what makes it a bug?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline LtBombero

• Zinc Member
      • Escuadrón Aereo 201, Aguilas Mayas
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:50:09 AM »
First, its an unexpected and undocumented change....  second, when you switch to the gun it now might be anywhere, costing time and damage while you reorient yourself...  esp with the top (dorsal) guns which have no visual reference if pointed up.... if you are attacked from the rear and switch from cockpit to dorsal or ventral gun, it takes a inordenently long time to acquire the target. In real life you would expect the gunner to be facing the direction of threat.... :bhead

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 09:56:18 AM »
there was nothing changed in the bomber gun positions in the last patch. i noticed the gun thing last month when i came back to the game. didn't know if it was supposed to be that way or not, but i'm liking it.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 10:35:22 AM »
It wasn't meant to be undocumented, but there was a change in this last patch to fix a bug where the position of your gun wasn't saving.