Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 28783 times)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 12:42:14 PM »
Had some clown give me the same BS about AH and warturd. The idea of flight model being different for each plane was to much for him and every reply was AH is an old crappy game.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »
A guy at work was telling me that AH was inferior because of the graphics and the flight models were "old and outdated." The only experience he had with the game was watching videos on youtube, and watching me play. I made and account on the 2 week trial, sat his arse down, gave him a joystick (I should point out it took him an hour to figure out how it worked), went to the DA and I beat him in every plane he put me in.

The simple fact of the matter is that herpblunder is just an arcade game with some eye candy. The know it alls who think they know ACM can go on thinking that, but I'm sure that 90% of the AH community could beat them when it came to a real 1v1 fight in a game such as AH itself. Just because you are level 100 doesn't mean you have skill.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 09:39:20 PM »
Meh, different games for different people. I liked Wings of Prey (basically WarThunder on single player), generally because it was just good ol fashion fun with quality graphics. Aces High made you work for your kills which in turn led to the fun/thrill of shooting down a plane, WoP let me screw around and do whatever to have fun.

TBH, the only flight sim that had me going was Rise of Flight, just too bad it was a WWI sim. If they had made it WWII, I would've left AH the moment it came out.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 11:00:26 PM »
A guy at work was telling me that AH was inferior because of the graphics and the flight models were "old and outdated." The only experience he had with the game was watching videos on youtube, and watching me play. I made and account on the 2 week trial, sat his arse down, gave him a joystick (I should point out it took him an hour to figure out how it worked), went to the DA and I beat him in every plane he put me in.

The simple fact of the matter is that herpblunder is just an arcade game with some eye candy. The know it alls who think they know ACM can go on thinking that, but I'm sure that 90% of the AH community could beat them when it came to a real 1v1 fight in a game such as AH itself. Just because you are level 100 doesn't mean you have skill.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
that's good
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 11:05:08 PM »
I downloaded WT to give it a try. Played it for about 8-10 hours and already I'm getting kind of bored of it. I can't understand the thinking behind arcade battles. "Let's remove every performance advantage a plane has, add an instructor that lets you pull tight turns at all speeds, and render ACM completely useless!"  :headscratch: :bolt:

AHII still continues to be the absolute leader in WWII Fight Sims.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 01:41:21 AM »
Snap Views!? Ha, War Thunder works now officialy with the Oculus Rift! Who needs outdated Snap views   :lol
The wretched huddled masses would like to say "please give us snap views, oh please."
Pies not kicks.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 02:43:50 AM »
In the end our idea of 'ACM' is just what we are allowed to do inside the physics of Aces.. I remember first starting this game coming from AW.. I tried the same maneuvers but often they gave different results.. Is Aces the absolute best modeling of aircraft that is possible? As good as it is, probably not.. I would not begin to believe I could improve it myself though..

Any one of us could go play a seasoned WT pilet in their game using our 'ACM' and probably lose over and over simply because it is likely they are able to use their game's attributes better..

I played WT abit and did not see all the flight models the same.. Some faster, some climbed better, others turned better.. Stalls were abit different perhaps.. But it certainly felt different.. Kinda like Aces was when I left AW..
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 03:31:34 AM »
I downloaded WT to give it a try. Played it for about 8-10 hours and already I'm getting kind of bored of it. I can't understand the thinking behind arcade battles. "Let's remove every performance advantage a plane has, add an instructor that lets you pull tight turns at all speeds, and render ACM completely useless!"  :headscratch: :bolt:

AHII still continues to be the absolute leader in WWII Fight Sims.

+100
some people get addicted to the needy instant gratification of achievements buzzing their screen every round.    like whoa you did most damage most kills most assists your awesome!!!

I'm like level 65 spitfire, I must be a really good ww2 pilot i'm an ace!!   :old:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 06:48:32 AM »
So much for getting into Full Real Battles to make a balanced judgement such as I.  :rolleyes:

No different to those saying AH sucks because of it's graphics.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2013, 07:33:40 AM »
Gratification :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013, 07:41:03 AM »

AH players will find it a difficult transition without the AH Stall Horn to rely on.

I've never used the stall horn or the buffet warning, turned the sounds down to 0. I'm sure a lot of people have also
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013, 08:23:47 AM »
AH is still clearly the best of the air combat simulator games and the most realistic. But graphically it is beginning to look outdated. It's all very fine decrying War Thunder as 'eye candy' but that quality is now the norm. You only have to look at the likes of BF3 and Modern Warfare, Call of duty etc.

Also the very realism of AH could be off putting to the generation that is used to more arcade like games.

I've been disappointed that so far a properly realistic war game has never really been marketed. But I doubt if it would sell as well as the current games because like AH you can't just jump in. You really have to learn to fly first, then fight. That is all a bit much for the current generation of gamers.

In the long run, AH will have to improve it's graphics. I'm sure the people in charge know this and may even be working on it.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 08:56:49 AM »
Have you not tried ArmA Cpxxx? Prbably the most realistic war sim so far.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 09:08:47 AM »
Have you not tried ArmA Cpxxx? Prbably the most realistic war sim so far.
that's what they said about bf1942...  :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 10:02:50 AM »
Tried warthunder a few months ago.
1. Nice graphics, very nice terrains objects.
2. Couldn't get the views to work as I wanted to (key views, or POV hat).
3. Couldn't play anything but stupid arcade modes.
4. Saw the mosquito way down the list I have to grind through to get it.
5. Uninstalled the game.

ROF seems like a much more attractive alternative to AH if I ever have to change. Not planning to any time soon.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs