Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 28921 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #420 on: November 02, 2013, 11:43:13 PM »
There is no way to run a full balls to the wall cryengine game with scale of Aces. Though it's probably possible to run it on the same scale with a few of the lighting enhancements. Though there isn't even an option to do that.

I'm not convinced even you know what you're asking for, at this point.
AHII's lighting is actually fine.

:salute :cheers:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #421 on: November 02, 2013, 11:43:29 PM »
Not the total count per frame rendered, the count per model. Aces renders more models with the same or higher count polys per model than WT per frame. That's exactly what Skuzzy has stated.  Where WT is getting is looks from is slightly higher resolution textures, lighting effects and post processing. Further more I'm not in disagreement with Skuzzy anywhere. Skuzzy never stated we're upping the poly count to enhance the graphics.  All Skuzzy said is the terrain is hurting us. What I've been saying  if you want to look at enhancing the graphics these are ways to do it. I'm certainly not looking for your approval or consensus on the matter. As you clearly have no idea what your talking about. I'm just offering my two sense on how to improve the game while your commentary as usual adds nothing to the conversation.

ok curly go back to the beginning of this thread and you will find the answer to all the bs you just posted.  first you posted about how the plane skins are so much better in wt, when I posted that the "faded" ah skins are meant to actually look like that then you switched to something else.  now you re talking about something else that doesnt even mention your fist post.

how many guys like you are gonna post about how ah can or should do when you dont even develop games like aces high.

semp

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #422 on: November 02, 2013, 11:58:59 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:23:41 PM by Skuzzy »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Curly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #423 on: November 03, 2013, 12:52:46 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:23:53 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #424 on: November 03, 2013, 01:25:37 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:24:11 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Curly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #425 on: November 03, 2013, 01:55:42 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:24:22 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #426 on: November 03, 2013, 01:20:52 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:24:34 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #427 on: November 03, 2013, 07:05:17 AM »
You guys need to calm down.  It really is not advancing the discussion.

We know all about the various technologies and we also know our own shortcomings very well.  Various game engines are geared towards extremely short view distances, which make them useless.

We will not introduce technology which would serve to alienate a huge portion of our player base.  There are things we avoid which could give a higher end system a visual advantage over a lower end system.

When the time is right, for us, we will introduce various technologies into the game.

Curly, you made the statement about objects appearing flat, that you cannot tell where the Sun is because we appear to light everything equally.  Sometimes screenshots cannot convey details well, so I attached a short video.  If you cannot tell where the Sun is, then let me know.  Do not bother pointing out how it could be better, we already know that.

There is a lot going on in that static shot.  I could show even more dramatic action shots, but I used this to keep the file size down and the quality up.  Action shots are more difficult to compress down, without losing a lot of detail.

Visually, all I did was speed up the video. It is 100% untouched game footage.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:14:15 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #428 on: November 03, 2013, 09:45:02 AM »
There is a lot going on in that static shot.  I could show even more dramatic action shots, but I used this to keep the file size down and the quality up.  Action shots are more difficult to compress down, without losing a lot of detail.

Visually, all I did was speed up the video. It is 100% untouched game footage.

Thanks. Exactly what I was pondering how to make. I've been taking tons of screen-shots offline lately for a variety of reasons. I like to set the time to somewhere between 14:00 and 15:00. That really does make a huge difference depending which way you turn the plane or camera. It makes it plainly clear that lighting and shadow in AHII is anything but static (and it shows off skins modeled or remodeled in higher resolution well).

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #429 on: November 03, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:20:29 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Curly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #430 on: November 03, 2013, 06:06:17 PM »
When the time is right, for us, we will introduce various technologies into the game.

What kind of timeline are we looking at for that to occur?

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #431 on: November 03, 2013, 06:19:30 PM »
*ahem*

"Two weeks."

:bolt:
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #432 on: November 03, 2013, 07:05:09 PM »
AH is my main hobby.

I am thankful that this universe has AH in it!  :aok

:aok

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #433 on: November 03, 2013, 07:23:55 PM »
Aces High is a hobby is an understatement, it's an addiction.

100th forum post.... Aces High and every part about it is consuming me...  :noid
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #434 on: November 04, 2013, 03:15:47 PM »
So basically you're saying, "Real Is Brown."

:aok

I am totally against doing things that a gamer thinks looks "more realistic" when in fact it is less realistic.