Author Topic: The returns are nearing...  (Read 19787 times)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: The returns are nearing...
« Reply #225 on: July 01, 2013, 11:51:51 AM »
That'll be fine.  Ill contact Bearcat8...he works at Cavanaugh and can make sure the police are available. :D :rofl :rofl
Best part about Bearcat is when he gets rely excited he screeches like a lady. Love the guy tho
Really passionate about aircraft
btw, were tours restarded when AH2 kicked off?
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #226 on: July 01, 2013, 12:58:50 PM »
Best part about Bearcat is when he gets rely excited he screeches like a lady. Love the guy tho
Really passionate about aircraft
btw, were tours restarded when AH2 kicked off?

No, the best part about Bearcat is that he's a great young man and gets to work on the real planes that we only get to fly in toonland
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #227 on: July 01, 2013, 01:24:19 PM »

Rumble in the gift shop  :rock

Film, or it didn't happen.

Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #228 on: July 01, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »

I may have a designated driver and can accommodate 2 more in the designated red circle:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:17:09 PM by Arlo »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2013, 01:29:53 PM »
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #230 on: July 01, 2013, 01:47:15 PM »
No, the best part about Bearcat is that he's a great young man and gets to work on the real planes that we only get to fly in toonland
well that to, BUT as I've flown with him for a number of years, whn he gets xcited as I described, I kinda chuckle. I have alot of respect for him and his job. He did alot of research on hogs for my ex squad. I'll have to see if I have some of it still.

He was one of the few guys my age when I statred flying, and ever since then, we've been cyber friends.  

No disrespect was intended just playful jabs :)
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #231 on: July 01, 2013, 02:05:07 PM »
That'll be fine.  Ill contact Bearcat8...he works at Cavanaugh and can make sure the police are available. :D :rofl :rofl

Hmmm, I wonder if I've ever run into him before.  Fifi flew like a champ with us this spring in SoCal.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #232 on: July 01, 2013, 02:16:53 PM »
Hmmm, I wonder if I've ever run into him before.  Fifi flew like a champ with us this spring in SoCal.
He's like 25-28 :headscratch:
He's been busy on a chog and F4F last I talked to him
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #233 on: July 01, 2013, 03:21:33 PM »

FIFI is in a hanger away from the flight line museum and she's not avail all the time.  The CHOG has engine issues that ended up in a multi year, multi party law suit.  It is the most beautiful plane in the set and painted up in the Navy ace that flew it.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #234 on: July 01, 2013, 05:30:08 PM »
FIFI is in a hanger away from the flight line museum and she's not avail all the time.  The CHOG has engine issues that ended up in a multi year, multi party law suit.  It is the most beautiful plane in the set and painted up in the Navy ace that flew it.
that's a shame. Ima have to shoot him an email
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2013, 06:28:45 PM »

And I'm 29...  :headscratch:
Busy... that we can get, focusing on the present I'm hoping to go to Laughlin on wend with our MO to try round-10 with fixing our F6F (still rough running at max/TO power), which brings up the matter of thurs and the now-3-ship instead of 4-ship demonstration over Lake Arrowhead in the late afternoon/evening as pre-4th festivities (would you believe we arent gonna substitue our Spit14 for the F6F due to fuel/range cautions), and then friday were packing up to Truckee, CA (N.Lake Tahoe, Sierra Nevadas, 6.6k elevation, outside Reno in CA) for the weekend up there with them and their air show this year (they had an awesome little one last year that was a hit, this years should be even better) with the P51 and hopefuly my favorite of the two Texans if we finish up its annual and get in some test hops with it before friday.  Weather and schedules permiting, I'll be home sunday evening with the ac.

She gets around, they have a great team this year.  Our zero, mustang and SNJ5 spent a good amount of time in the sky with her this spring on tour in this corner of the states.  (http://youtu.be/692xYiyhWs8)  If I'm not mistaken, I understand it as a big "complex" of multiple "entities" at Cavanaugh, the B24 and B29 there being one.  A good volunteer will get around though at a place like that... they always do.

If anyone will be near Lake Arrowhead this 4th (and weather permits) come check our Zero, P51 and F8F tearing up the sky.

If anyone will be near Truckee, CA this weekend, come checkout the air show in the Sierras, we will be participating and selling rides in the our P51 and SNJ5 (T6 Texan).  Come say hi, I'll show you around if were not busy, or you can buy me a beer after the tools and planes are parked for the day.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:37:56 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #237 on: July 01, 2013, 07:01:08 PM »
I heard you were in your 50's :O

I wish I could make it up to arrowhead. But the girl Im talking to hates loud noises :bhead

I think I've seen Fifi before.

Hopefully the 29 in Seattle will get flying soon aswell
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #238 on: July 01, 2013, 08:34:05 PM »

She gets around, they have a great team this year.  Our zero, mustang and SNJ5 spent a good amount of time in the sky with her this spring on tour in this corner of the states.  (http://youtu.be/692xYiyhWs8)  If I'm not mistaken, I understand it as a big "complex" of multiple "entities" at Cavanaugh, the B24 and B29 there being one.  A good volunteer will get around though at a place like that... they always do.

Actually they don't have a 24.  They have a perfect 25, 29, Boston, Spanish 109, Spit VIII, three 40's, 51, F4F, CHOG, 2 MIGs, Starfighter, 4 WWI rides, F8F, and the rest I don't remember...Korean War Bell evac helo, and that's all I remember, lol.  I don't think FiFi shares a hanger though.  When I took my Stearman ride and my Texan ride, they said she was there and I could go see her but she wouldn't be there the rest of the year.

EDIT: YAK 3

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2013, 08:57:23 PM »
There are plenty of old Masters of Ownage Muppets that have semi-retired.....  key word being semi......  just sayin!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"