Author Topic: The returns are nearing...  (Read 19781 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: The returns are nearing...
« Reply #240 on: July 01, 2013, 08:59:00 PM »
Last time I was there a B-24 was in the hangar with FiFi. B-24D maybe? Early model if I recall right that was a transport turned back in to a bomber. Diamond Lil I believe without hitting up the google.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #241 on: July 01, 2013, 09:11:45 PM »
Last time I was there a B-24 was in the hangar with FiFi. B-24D maybe? Early model if I recall right that was a transport turned back in to a bomber. Diamond Lil I believe without hitting up the google.

We saw .....

but Fifi wasn't around.  :(

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: July 01, 2013, 10:00:19 PM »
So I actually guess who's coming back....

Freez?

Moot?

Grizz?

Blukitty?

See Mazz and Violater are on your roster still....only ones I hadn't seen in a while I was still playing. Either one of those the underrated players your talking about? Maybe Sc0tch

I see the roster is definitely lacking the old pwnage it used to. BiPoLar has  point when he calls the current AoM the B list. Got some good additions though too...Krupnski, VansCrew.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #243 on: July 01, 2013, 10:38:57 PM »
 Soon there will be a return of the Pilots-Pilot...  

2 weeks?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #244 on: July 01, 2013, 11:18:46 PM »
We saw .....

(Image removed from quote.)

but Fifi wasn't around.  :(
Is that the old Diamond Lil?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #245 on: July 01, 2013, 11:26:40 PM »
Is that the old Diamond Lil?

Yes

And no ... (but yes)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2013, 11:39:40 PM »
A B-24A not D it seems. On the CAF website it's still called Diamond Lil :headscratch:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #247 on: July 01, 2013, 11:42:43 PM »
A B-24A not D it seems. On the CAF website it's still called Diamond Lil :headscratch:

Couldn't leave well enough alone, alas.

http://www.b24bestweb.com/lb30-diamondlil-r2-4.htm

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #248 on: July 01, 2013, 11:46:51 PM »

It's back to being named Diamond Lil.  They went away from it for a bit, but apparently 'popular demand' brought the old name back.

It's really an LB30.  A former crew chief for Diamond Lil really went to work to bring it to B24A standards with the tail and tunnel gun etc.   Either way it's an early Lib.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #249 on: July 01, 2013, 11:50:44 PM »
It's back to being named Diamond Lil.  They went away from it for a bit, but apparently 'popular demand' brought the old name back.

It's really an LB30.  A former crew chief for Diamond Lil really went to work to bring it to B24A standards with the tail and tunnel gun etc.   Either way it's an early Lib.

Back n forth. Glad to hear it, though.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2013, 12:25:51 AM »
And I'll sleep better now :D

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2013, 12:42:15 AM »

Ahhh, I didn't get to the FIFI hanger.  I missed it
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #252 on: July 02, 2013, 12:48:28 AM »
Easily the most dangerous player I've faced. His aiming ability is uncanny

Odd. All I've got is films of him missing his taters, misjudging me and getting killed on the reversal. I don't recall him putting any spectaular shots or moves in.
http://youtu.be/eLlhUQQG-vQ?t=1m20s      like so. I'm admittely the most one dimensional shooter. I could only use hispanos of the temp (anyone can) and the ki84 to make hard shots. overall my shooting was azz.  so im not the best judge, because I don't find basic pass shooting consistency uncanny. even though i'd personally suck at it universally. setting up, what you know is going to have to be a perfeect shot is more uncanny.  but maybe it's easier in the end because you know where the target will be rather than adjusting.
sample size is too small though, I've just got few films killing grizz after giving him perceived shot opportunities and killing him after he misjudged.

Taters aren't easy but I'm sure moot killed me more than grizz (which I don't recall falling prey to at all) with taters if we're talking muppets here. I really did not enjoy thinking another routine dodge and he just straight up aimbot shoots me after hacking compression off. true story.

Only one I'd be instnatly aware who it was - Wilbuz. the years of winging with bruv and kazaa might make me biased but they didn't win tocc and get ire for nothing. but DAing them and seeing their consistency and precision in MA. I've got two better shots right there. I'd throw in a BK or two in the mix. moot's the one I remember hitting me with the taters I thought for sure weren't gonna hit.. so he was deifnitely aimbotting possibly feather hacking like bruv.

outside of the few then wilbuz as "most dangerous" because he'd fly that ki-84 low into 4-5+ enemies  and make it out frequently.. even have some wilbuz films and one with kazaa being in that number of multiples (allbeit new at the game). taught me how to use the ki-84 never came up against anyone who'd turn disadvantage into advantage so consistently. dude would just fly in compromising situations and swat people over and over... would be a NC if he decided to just fly tater152 at alt.

Didn't have time to play a ton so stuck to that ride because it offered enough in terms of dynamic fighting... don't have too much time now either.

I'd like to see some AoM members left who I recall besides SkyRock who'd provide some interesting MA encounters.
Now that I've played a few hours hte last 2 days there hasn't been much really but the game dynamics have changed.. people more timid and hordey now, which is neither here or there. I don't mind people who do it, just not my cup of tea and I'm playing the game as a "countryman" poorly anyhow :) (couldn't give a watermelon about field taking )

P.S. Kazaa did show up on our vent the other day saying he'd set the game up since he's stalking me (not the fake one)... but he's probably playing under a shade name
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 01:19:17 AM by RumbleB »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: July 02, 2013, 06:44:23 AM »
key word being semi......  just sayin!

You can get a pill for that 'semi'.  :old:

just sayin'  :banana:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #254 on: July 02, 2013, 10:00:49 AM »
You can get a pill for that 'semi'.  :old:

just sayin'  :banana:
pink hearts? yellow moons? orange stars? green clovers? or blue diamonds? :devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"