Author Topic: The Battle of Brittan in the AvA - Week of 12 to 19 July, 2013  (Read 280 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
This is a classic air only setup, and the recent addition of the He111 makes it well worth your attention.

The battle was in it's second week, seventy three years ago.

Most of us know the story. Hitler considered England a threat to his plans for the conquest of Europe and when she refused to negotiate a peace, he decided to suppress or conquer her. The first stage of that plan called for air supremacy over the English Channel and southern England, to be followed by landings of German troops along the English coast.

The Battle of Brittan, so famously named by Winston Churchill, raged in the air from July, through mid September 1940.

Come join us in the AvA for a great setup.

Terrain: avachanl

Allied Planeset, England, Bishops:
- Hurricane Mk I
- Spitfire Mk I

Axis Planeset, France, Knights:
- Bf-109E-4
- Bf-110C-4b
- Ju 87D-3
- He-111 H

Setup:
Icons: No Enemy Icons, Friendly at 3K
Visibility: 10 Miles
Radar: Full Friendly, Full Enemy
Radar Alt: 200 ft
BaseWarning & TowerBasedRadar: 8 miles

Fuel Burn: 1.0
Killshooter: On
Ditches: Score Kills
Terrain Reset: Off
Strat: Disabled
Change Country: Instant
TG Cmd: Not available

Ack: Field and puffy are both 0.25
GroundGuns: 0.25
WeaponLethalityHard: 0.25

NOTES for this terrain:

Severe compromise to best practices was required to bring this terrain to the server and I hope that enough people have the hardware to play on it to justify the effort. Those with limited hardware should avoid Paris, London, La Havre, Caen, Cherbourg and Lisieux in that order. Otherwise, I think you'll be okay over the rest of the terrain, especially in a BoB setup.

- custom fields, Airfields, V-Bases and Ports
- opps, not yet
- the bluffs along the Normandy coast
- an upgraded LSTs originally built by Dux with built-in O'Clubs tied back to V-Bases on the English coast. It includes climbable ship's ladders
- massive cities - Paris and London, and significant other cities; La Havre, Caen, Cherbourg and Lisieux
- the Eiffel tower, and you can climb to the top
- Lighthouses by jimson
- the major streets have lamp posts at all street intersections in the cities. Can you say Tank Battle?
- British and German battle flags
- Sealion style landing barges
- custom bridges.

----------------------------------
Graphic Settings for best results:
----------------------------------

Detailed Terrain - ON (isn't required, but best display)
Bump Map Terrain - OFF (isn't required, but best display)
Object Detail Slider - Maximum (minimizes the 'popping' effect of the city buildings)

Everything else is optional.

The bluffs of Normandy and Cliffs of Dover will look best if you disable the terrain bump mapping.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:35:10 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001