Author Topic: YES "U" CAN GET 10-15 (and more) Kills per Sortie!  (Read 2880 times)

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
YES "U" CAN GET 10-15 (and more) Kills per Sortie!
« on: July 02, 2013, 03:26:35 AM »
Here is how it works. I was fooling around with my convergence. I decided to put one of my 50's all the way out. One all the way in. And one right in the middle. I wasn't to happy with it because as I shot at the enemy, I would see their plane have little hits spread all over it, like I was hitting it with a BB Machine Gun. So I headed back to base being very disappointed. But to my surprise I start seeing kills credited to me. I was like ecstatic, This is awesome, I've found the HOLY GRAIL!

Well, you have all done it. Hit an enemy plane and he flies off. While your into your second battle of the sortie you get a kill from the first battle. So I started thinking..........why waist all your ammo, fuel, flying time, taking chances of getting shot down by staying on the Bandit till he goes down in flames? Heck, just tag him good and let em go. Could you tag 10 Bandits and let them go battle someone else and get 10 kills? Well they are going to win a few of those fights but you might get 6, 7, 8 kills with this method.

Now your all laughing at this point or saying I'm crazier than whats his name, MidwayWhoPhP(NewName Coming In 2 Days) But, Just Maybe, Possibly this might work. Some of you might be thinking Yea, it works, I did it myself. And I wasn't going to tell anyone else, just keep it for myself.

OK.********** It does sound crazy but who is willing to try it and report back here with film in hand to prove it can be done. Beat the system so to speak. Maybe Aces High will change where you battle a guy for 5 minutes, shoot half a wing off, destroy his landing gear, wound the pilot and finally blow the plane to hello and back to only get an assist. LOL I hate that!

What do you think?

KimoSabe :banana: :furious :bhead :bhead :bhead
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:26:29 AM by hitech »

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: YES "U" CAN GET 10-15 (and more) Kills per Sortie!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 03:28:34 AM »
I can think of more than a few players who pull this...

Also you don't have to underline everything ;)
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 03:38:31 AM »
:rofl  To hell with the fight, just give me the kills!!

I'd rather have 1 white knuckle fight and loose than get 50 kills the way you suggest.

You're missing the whole concept of this game  :old:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:42:51 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 03:48:37 AM »
What do you think?

I think you've found the wrong computer game.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 04:11:01 AM »
I'd rather have 1 white knuckle fight and loose than get 50 kills the way you suggest.
+1
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 04:12:16 AM »
Tis why taters are awesome. Takes 1 shot as oppose to 200ish
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 04:38:39 AM »
Tis why taters are awesome. Takes 1 shot as oppose to 200ish

Not mine... Oh no... My taters are forbidden from ever killing any plane ever. I have film from a sortie where I literally hit a Dora with 3 taters and he loses 1 stab, half his left wing, and the 3rd does no visable damage. His Dora friend overshoots me and I put a 30mm in his rear and he only loses 1 stab. Later on in that fight a 152 overshoot and I hit him in the engine with a 30mm and no visable damage on him. The 1 plane I killed all night in my K4 was a P51 that I somehow tore the wing off him with 2-3 13mms. In 4 sorties with the K4 tonight I hit 6 different planes with a total of 10 taters... not a single one of those planes were brought down.

Shortened version - 151/20 > MK 108 anyday, everyday.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 04:47:17 AM »
My methodology is a bit different, but I do get those nice surprises often.  I rarely saddle up or stick with one enemy for a long duration fight.  My convergence in the jugs are set to either 225 or 250. I rely on deflection shooting within that range, which 90% of the time equates to a kill, or at least catastrophic damage.  After I take the shot, I keep on trucking to the next opportunity.

Ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 06:06:55 AM »
BBP it is cool you are so into the game.  We all have these little epiphanies as we keep flying.  The game, in a sense, does not change but we do.  We get better.

+1 on your post.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 08:55:13 AM »
Mine are usually assists.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 09:00:13 AM »
To the OP,

If kills are more important, adjust convergence and learn to shoot so you can kill people quickly; spraying them and hoping someone else downs them (and hoping you sprayed them enough to get the kill) seems stupid.

If fights are more important, then there's nothing more to be said other than you should probably learn to fight.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 09:15:50 AM »
oh joy another "look at me i found a way to game the game" post...i'd rather learn to fight and win than look for lame ways to game the game.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 09:19:55 AM »
Here is how it works. I was fooling around with my convergence. I decided to put one of my 50's all the way out. One all the way in. And one right in the middle. I wasn't to happy with it because as I shot at the enemy, I would see their plane have little hits spread all over it, like I was hitting it with a BB Machine Gun. So I headed back to base being very disappointed. But to my surprise I start seeing kills credited to me. I was like ecstatic, This is awesome, I've found the HOLY GRAIL!

Well, you have all done it. Hit an enemy plane and he flies off. While your into your second battle of the sortie you get a kill from the first battle. So I started thinking..........why waist all your ammo, fuel, flying time, taking chances of getting shot down by staying on the Bandit till he goes down in flames? Heck, just tag him good and let em go. Could you tag 10 Bandits and let them go battle someone else and get 10 kills? Well they are going to win a few of those fights but you might get 6, 7, 8 kills with this method.

Now your all laughing at this point or saying I'm crazier than whats his name, MidwayWhoPhP(NewName Coming In 2 Days) But, Just Maybe, Possibly this might work. Some of you might be thinking Yea, it works, I did it myself. And I wasn't going to tell anyone else, just keep it for myself.

OK.********** It does sound crazy but who is willing to try it and report back here with film in hand to prove it can be done. Beat the system so to speak. Maybe Aces High will change where you battle a guy for 5 minutes, shoot half a wing off, destroy his landing gear, wound the pilot and finally blow the plane to hello and back to only get an assist. LOL I hate that!

What do you think?

KimoSabe :banana: :furious :bhead :bhead :bhead

TL;DR Shoot stuff.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 09:54:38 AM »
This is nothing new really.  Way back when, we referred to this fighting paradigm as "Zazening."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 10:10:31 AM »
Didja get an achievement:x