Author Topic: YES "U" CAN GET 10-15 (and more) Kills per Sortie!  (Read 2943 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: YES "U" CAN GET 10-15 (and more) Kills per Sortie!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 10:37:24 AM »
just shoot joeblack, you will get a kill mesage a week or two later.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 10:41:15 AM »
:rofl  To hell with the fight, just give me the kills!!

I'd rather have 1 white knuckle fight and loose than get 50 kills the way you suggest.

You're missing the whole concept of this game  :old:
agree!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 11:26:38 AM »
I know someone who's very good at this with bombers..........his DRatio Becomes One...... :bolt:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:30:36 AM by Canspec »

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 11:54:21 AM »
Zazening  :lol

I found that 50 cals are prone to get kill credits when someone else finished the job, as long at you did more that 50% damage you'll get the kill

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 11:56:35 AM »
just shoot joeblack, you will get a kill mesage a week or two later.

semp

:lol :rofl

The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 12:02:12 PM »
I fly P47's a lot.  In my experience if I spray someone poorly all over their plane and don't remove anything, very often I get the kill credit due to having done the most damage to the plane overall even after someone else fires a surgical burst that removes the wing that actually kills him.  There are much more consistent ways to get kills than spraying everything in the hope of someone else finishing it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 12:37:18 PM »
Give me a good plane explosion for a high neat factor. Much better than some sort of postmortem kill.  Well, as long as it is not me.

Bet your assist will be going up and your kills will be going down.

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 12:40:42 PM »
:rofl  To hell with the fight, just give me the kills!!

I'd rather have 1 white knuckle fight and loose than get 50 kills the way you suggest.

You're missing the whole concept of this game  :old:

This says it all  :aok I don't think they will ever get it uptown

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 01:41:24 PM »

What do you think?

KimoSabe :banana: :furious :bhead :bhead :bhead

Sounds like a great way of how to be a dick.

Tinkles

:salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 06:01:54 PM »
I was waiting for the original post to add this at the end:

"You'll get all of this information and more when you subscribe to the newsletter.  It's free to try out, and if at any point you are dissatisfied, just let us know, and we will refund your entire payment.  You've got nothing to lose and everything gain.  So what are you waiting for?  Sign up today!"  :D

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 06:03:49 PM »
Here is how it works. I was fooling around with my convergence. I decided to put one of my 50's all the way out. One all the way in. And one right in the middle. I wasn't to happy with it because as I shot at the enemy, I would see their plane have little hits spread all over it, like I was hitting it with a BB Machine Gun. So I headed back to base being very disappointed. But to my surprise I start seeing kills credited to me. I was like ecstatic, This is awesome, I've found the HOLY GRAIL!

Well, you have all done it. Hit an enemy plane and he flies off. While your into your second battle of the sortie you get a kill from the first battle. So I started thinking..........why waist all your ammo, fuel, flying time, taking chances of getting shot down by staying on the Bandit till he goes down in flames? Heck, just tag him good and let em go. Could you tag 10 Bandits and let them go battle someone else and get 10 kills? Well they are going to win a few of those fights but you might get 6, 7, 8 kills with this method.

Now your all laughing at this point or saying I'm crazier than whats his name, MidwayWhoPhP(NewName Coming In 2 Days) But, Just Maybe, Possibly this might work. Some of you might be thinking Yea, it works, I did it myself. And I wasn't going to tell anyone else, just keep it for myself.

OK.********** It does sound crazy but who is willing to try it and report back here with film in hand to prove it can be done. Beat the system so to speak. Maybe Aces High will change where you battle a guy for 5 minutes, shoot half a wing off, destroy his landing gear, wound the pilot and finally blow the plane to hello and back to only get an assist. LOL I hate that!

What do you think?

KimoSabe :banana: :furious :bhead :bhead :bhead

I think you need to share those drugs.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 09:45:34 PM »
I think you need to share those drugs.

Agreed. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 10:00:57 PM »
i think the OP genuinely thinks he's found a great idea, and is trying to share it. its a good idea and it works for some people, but not everyone. while everyone is entitled to their opinions, i think we should give the poster a little slack, he's just trying to help.

i agree with uptown, id rather die 100 deaths and have one good fight, but everyone has their own style.

Happy 4th to everyone!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 11:45:33 PM »
Film your sorties for a month. Play them back. Find the range you actually KILL people. Not spray them. Not tickle them. Not pray and pray and pray that you ping them. When do you KILL them? When does that wing pop off? Chances are it's at 300 yards or LESS for 99% of all kills.

Whatever the average range is, set your convergence to that.

End of story.

Setting to anything else just dillutes your effective killing power.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 12:09:05 AM »
Stagger convergence at 350 (inner), 325 (mid) and 300 (outer) when your gun package is a .50 cal six-pack.

150 yd snapshot off either wing carries more punch and hits out to 350 still hit hard.