Author Topic: Allegations  (Read 4947 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Allegations
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2013, 06:41:23 AM »
There is no message if you die due to 'killshooter', but that is a good idea.  I have passed that on to HiTech.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2013, 06:54:40 AM »
There is no message if you die due to 'killshooter', but that is a good idea.  I have passed that on to HiTech.

+1

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2013, 07:10:56 AM »

+1 too  :)
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2013, 08:12:35 AM »

+1
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Wizard

• Zinc Member
      • VF-17 The Jolly Rogers
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2013, 08:36:39 AM »
First off there are no logs of the TA available to the players of AH. So I'm not sure how you can say that kills of friendlies show up as recent kills by you. I have seen on one rare occasion where you would get the kill message, but that was an improper arena setting that was quickly remedied. I'm sure that it is possible that it has happened again, but as soon as it was noticed by a trainer I'm sure it would be fixed in a timely manner.

Sik...  There is what appears to be a bug that I have noticed in the past related to what the OP is expressing here.  When you check your scores in the MA where it shows your "Last Kills" and "Last Killers",  the "kills" you get or recieve in the TA show up here.  They are likely proxy kills.  I know this because when training in the TA with BigRat and he flys me into the ground (which happens quite frequently :bhead) and I check my scores later in the MA,  It shows Last Killers,  BigRat BigRat BigRat Bigrat BigRat BigRat

:salute
Wizard

VF-17 "Jolly Rogers" www.thejollyrogers.net

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2013, 09:17:07 AM »
"You died because you were stupid" or something similar?  :lol

Seriously, I like that idea though.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2013, 09:54:37 AM »
Pfft with my game name people shoot UrSelf down all the time lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2013, 10:08:54 AM »
Sik...  There is what appears to be a bug that I have noticed in the past related to what the OP is expressing here.  When you check your scores in the MA where it shows your "Last Kills" and "Last Killers",  the "kills" you get or recieve in the TA show up here.  They are likely proxy kills.  I know this because when training in the TA with BigRat and he flys me into the ground (which happens quite frequently :bhead) and I check my scores later in the MA,  It shows Last Killers,  BigRat BigRat BigRat Bigrat BigRat BigRat

Wizard

Well that is a bug then. The TA shouldn't be linked to the MA's at all. I'm kind of surprised no one has brought this to HTC attention sooner. Wizard are they proxies, or did BigRat shoot you then you crashed? I didn't think proxies were recorded is the reason I'm asking.

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Online icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2013, 12:20:09 PM »

How about a system message saying "player 1 has shot himself down".

It happens seldom enough that it wouldn't clog up the buffer.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2013, 12:42:03 PM »
How about a system message saying "player 1 has shot himself down".

It happens seldom enough that it wouldn't clog up the buffer.
Poor Player1(dragon tamer :D)
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Wizard

• Zinc Member
      • VF-17 The Jolly Rogers
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »
Well that is a bug then. The TA shouldn't be linked to the MA's at all. I'm kind of surprised no one has brought this to HTC attention sooner. Wizard are they proxies, or did BigRat shoot you then you crashed? I didn't think proxies were recorded is the reason I'm asking.

It's safe to assume my hog has plenty of bullet holes in it from him when I crash.  :joystick:  I just assumed they were proxies since the damage model is turned up so high in the TA, but now that you mention it, that is more likely.  It happens so many times during each session, it's hard to know for sure though.  :lol

VF-17 "Jolly Rogers" www.thejollyrogers.net

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2013, 03:39:57 PM »

I agree Sik1 it is a bug and needs to be looked at!  Since I never check my score or stats,guess you have to have some to check...... :noid I've never seen this before.

I certainly hope that Skuzzy points this out while he's recommending a killshooter message!

It seems Badangel is getting jumped on and it's not really called for,he's new and still learning the basics of the game,oh how we all too some forget that we were once new and didn't have all the answers. If players are wondering why the numbers are dropping,they only need look at how some treat others.

If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem!  All players need do is take these new guys at face value and help then out. Badangel obviously doesn't understand how the killshooter works and add in the bug that logs kills in the TA and it's no wonder he couldn't figure out what happened. Then when tries to find an answer he gets jumped on and called names......... :rolleyes:

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2013, 05:53:53 PM »
I agree Sik1 it is a bug and needs to be looked at!  Since I never check my score or stats,guess you have to have some to check...... :noid I've never seen this before.

I certainly hope that Skuzzy points this out while he's recommending a killshooter message!

It seems Badangel is getting jumped on and it's not really called for,he's new and still learning the basics of the game,oh how we all too some forget that we were once new and didn't have all the answers. If players are wondering why the numbers are dropping,they only need look at how some treat others.

If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem!  All players need do is take these new guys at face value and help then out. Badangel obviously doesn't understand how the killshooter works and add in the bug that logs kills in the TA and it's no wonder he couldn't figure out what happened. Then when tries to find an answer he gets jumped on and called names......... :rolleyes:

Agreed Morf, it is clear that Badangel doesn't understand what's going on with kill shooter, and it's only compounded by the fact that he is seeing kills from the TA in his stats. Like you I never check my score, and on top of that I don't fly in the MA enough to have a score for most tours. I had to look for a tour that I flew in when I was checking what Wizard was telling me, and I either didn't get anyone to crash after putting rounds in them in the TA, or it wasn't present in tour 158.

As for a kill shooter message I vote for something along the lines of "doh, you just kill shot yourself."

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2013, 06:03:13 PM »
7- Cheating allegations or descriptions are not allowed. Email support@hitechcreations.com to report any issues regarding this. HTC permanently bans anyone caught cheating in Aces High. We take cheating and allegations of cheating very seriously.

Invisible plane.  No credit for killing me.

There's no one in this film to accuse of a hack.  There is a Spit 200 yards in front of me (that I'm chasing).  I thought maybe it was a boat that hit me (nope), or debri (nope), or friendly fire (nope).  It's a shot from behind, from the air . . first one hits my wing, next one takes my tail off.

WTF?

(Image removed from quote.)

Appears to me as you are flying an offline mission...  :headscratch:  That's the only time I've noticed the 'invisible planes'
Never seen them in the MA.

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear