Author Topic: Disco's and CTDs  (Read 379 times)

Offline Postman

• Zinc Member
Disco's and CTDs
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:55:18 PM »
Been getting a lot of Disco's and CTDs lately. The disco's may be happening because of the weather around here as of late, but the CTD's are a mystery to me. The crashes happen when flying or switching to another field in the tower. I've never had the crashes when I first started play only lately since I've returned. Computer can more then handle the game at the setting I have which gives me 20-40 Fps. Any help is appreciated.
16th GvIAP VVS
What I wanna know is why my planes and tanks are made of Wet paper, and the enemies are made of titanium alloy?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Disco's and CTDs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 09:17:44 PM »
Post the top third of the dxdiag report, your in game settings, and a screenie of "ping plotter" to the game servers.

Like you said a bad connection due to the weather will cause the disco's, but the game will drop to the desk top if it doesn't receive data packets as well, which can be due to a crappy connection.

The ping plotter will show how bad your connection might be, the dxdiag will show if your computer really CAN handle the setting your using, and all three together will help get you suggestions to help you out.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:05:49 PM »
Computer can more then handle the game at the setting I have which gives me 20-40 Fps. Any help is appreciated.
frame rates like that would fall into the category of "barely handling the game". you may be running out of resources trying to run the game on your system.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 06:25:04 AM »
DXDIAG output as well as a Ping Plotter chart would be helpful.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Postman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 09:58:55 PM »
Discos must have been because of the weather. CTD's have stopped since changing a few video settings.
16th GvIAP VVS
What I wanna know is why my planes and tanks are made of Wet paper, and the enemies are made of titanium alloy?