Author Topic: What happened to...  (Read 4078 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: What happened to...
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2013, 11:25:50 AM »
My ACM films are so good that they'll send you to the tower even if you're not logged in to the game!  :joystick:

I'm so bad (meaning uber good) that when I sit down at the desk to play AcesHigh my wife and kids log on to the game just to run to field ack.  :devil
Lighten up Francis

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2013, 11:26:18 AM »
Same offer. ;)

you posted in your qoute silly :old:
In game skills means nothing to me. Im not good either. But ACM tells almost everything about your mindset and the way youre thinking.

Its not about whats the result, but how you wanted to get the result.
what's the difference between ACM and in game skill?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:29:52 AM by Zacherof »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »
I had the same thing with a guy called ammo a few tours ago, I told him I was dragging out a con to fight him, and he jumped in the guys 6.
I left the area and let him get shot down for it. Range vox was a little heated, I didn't enjoy doing that but his lesson; learned.

I remember this well; however, which is usually the case, there is another side to the story.

It was my first tour back since 2004 and at the time my gear was makeshift and my sound settings were not perfect.  I say that, because I believe that contributed to the fact that I completely misunderstood your statement on range vox.  It looked as though you needed help as I could plainly see the con on your low six and simply misunderstood what you said.  I was at a low energy state to the nmy con, and as soon as I engaged, you left and told me I was own my own.  You were clearly pissed off and hoped that I got shot down. By your tone and words, I think if I had dropped dead in my chair in front of my computer, you would have been alright with that too.

Anyway, moments later we had words which ended with me telling you to "eff off".  I tried to explain that I didn't understand you on vox at the time, but you wouldn't hear it.

Lastly, I'll refute your statement - "I didn't enjoy doing that but his lesson; learned."  You were pissed off - clearly; however your reaction at the time was not to "teach me a lesson", it was your way of getting me back and venting your own frustration.  Thanks for the attempt to "show me the way", but I get it, always have; and it's crystal clear to me today.

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2013, 11:35:36 AM »
In game skills means nothing to me. Im not good either. But ACM tells almost everything about your mindset and the way youre thinking.

Its not about whats the result, but how you wanted to get the result.

Are you saying that you can tell by the way I execute a high or low yoyo whether I'm easily offended or prone to public spectacles over game manners? You'll get more from my complete lack of channel 200 use and lack of range and local channel whining and complaining.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:44:41 AM by Arlo »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2013, 11:39:31 AM »
what's the difference between ACM and in game skill?
Actually, a lot. You can tell exactly, what the said person wanted: only the pure result or a good fight.
Here is an example:
Bruv119 has good ACM but he sacrafices the chance for a good fight for the pure result; in the other hand, Ink's ACM isnt that good (still better than 99% of the MA) but hes all for a good straight fight either he wins or loses.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2013, 11:42:28 AM »
Awww I got it. Always wondered whatthe difference was
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2013, 11:43:31 AM »
Wrong ammo, you told me to "eff off".

Found the film of it.

And you said "roger" as an understanding of what I told you.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:45:16 AM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2013, 11:46:27 AM »
Wrong ammo, you told me to "eff off".

Found the film of it.

That's what I stated.

Anyway, moments later we had words which ended with me telling you to "eff off".  I tried to explain that I didn't understand you on vox at the time, but you wouldn't hear it.
And you said "roger" as an understanding of what I told you.
I am sure I did, but still - I plainly didn't understand your statement requesting me to stay out, or I would have.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:55:33 AM by -ammo- »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2013, 11:47:56 AM »
Either my eyes are lying to me or my screen was  :headscratch:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2013, 11:54:32 AM »

I am sure I did, but still - I plainly didn't understand your statement requesting me to stay out, or I would have.

So you never said "Roger" after my statement of intention, and showed your understanding?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2013, 11:59:35 AM »
Are you saying that you can tell by the way I execute a high or low yoyo whether I'm easily offended or prone to public spectacles over game manners? You'll get more from my complete lack of channel 200 use and lack of range and local channel whining and complaining.
What about butting in to everywhere?  :rofl
either way...
just an other IV. moving on.
AoM
City of ice

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2013, 12:00:45 PM »
So you never said "Roger" after my statement of intention, and showed your understanding?

As I stated above, I am sure I said "roger".  I am telling you I misunderstood your statement.  I thought you said something to the effect wanting my help clearing your six.  I tried to tell you that at the time of our "conversation" after the incident.  I have stated my gear and settings weren't perfect at the time.  I put two and two together - nmy con your six and you stating something that I thought were along the lines of requesting my assistance.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »
What about butting in to everywhere?  :rofl
either way...
just an other IV. moving on.

Mmmmmehok. ShruG

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2013, 12:12:59 PM »
If you want my opinion Dobly (and I've seen no indication that you do  :lol): I say this with the greatest respect, I think your energies would be better spent retraining yourself to simply accept what you cannot change, changing what you can and learning the difference.

In these kind of instances just place yourself in the head of the 12 clearer. HE has paid his $15, HE wants to get the kill (earned or not), HE obviously cares more about the kill than the fight. HE obviously doesn't give the steam off his p**s about what you are trying to do, HE just sees an easy opportunity to notch up his score another point, get some WTGs when he lands and since AH is all about HIM, you aren't going to change that by appealing to HIS courtesy or good manners (because that just isn't as important).

I feel this trend will increase. Adapt and overcome. What else can you realistically do?

:salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2013, 12:16:56 PM »
You forgot to say the magic word.  (Please)  Try that instead of the "told to do so" routine.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!