Author Topic: My first 3v1 and 4v1 victories!  (Read 1537 times)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: My first 3v1 and 4v1 victories!
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 08:19:36 PM »
WTG Owen! You've come a long way buddy! Keep it up

Sincerely, your Ole' buddy 1CEMAN ;)
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 08:42:53 PM »
I had a fight with Owen last year 51D vs KI84. Not many fights stand out in my mind, but that fight was worth the 15 bucks I paid that month. I've been a fan of his every since.

Well done Owen  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 08:49:05 PM »
and for him to say the spit is harder then the Ki........ :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

....the only thing the Ki has over the spits is its ability to take damage(which is a big difference the spits are weak compared to the toughness of KI)...otherwise they are very similar.....a major difference is the spits responsiveness.....nothing in AH has it.....not even close....thats why they are great for noobs and fighting the Gang.....

http://www.gonzoville.com/charts/index.php

Go compare them there, I would say the KI84 is easier than the spits, no 1 the damage it can absorb, 2 I don't have the figures for the spits but I would say thrust to weight the KI84 is the best in game nothing hangs like it, 3 easy of flying, although the spit is very forgiving to fly you can get them into some crazy stalls unlike the KI84.

Its only minus is higher speed handling, which I think dents its popularity in the MA, but at the speeds a turning fight takes place the KI is top dog in all aspects.

And wtg Owen  :salute

Offline owen07

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
Owen, I knew you would get the hang of it... keep taking the risks!!!  Wtg! :rock

Thanks Skyrock.  You inspired me to actually fight rather than just cherrypick.  The rewards are great when you take risks because skill level heightens!  The most rewarding fights are those wherein you are in a disadvantaged position and still get to win.  More so, with multiple opponents and without any help :)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 10:21:49 PM »
Be warned, don't let runners and ack hiders pizz you off.  ;) I passed that stage and now take pride in hunting them down, even if it means me dying.  :D After the thrills of 3+ vs 1 is no longer the same to you, nothing beats the thrill of zooming through 10 red guys to chase down that one runner/ack hider.  :devil

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46:54 PM »
http://www.gonzoville.com/charts/index.php

Go compare them there, I would say the KI84 is easier than the spits, no 1 the damage it can absorb, 2 I don't have the figures for the spits but I would say thrust to weight the KI84 is the best in game nothing hangs like it, 3 easy of flying, although the spit is very forgiving to fly you can get them into some crazy stalls unlike the KI84.

Its only minus is higher speed handling, which I think dents its popularity in the MA, but at the speeds a turning fight takes place the KI is top dog in all aspects.

And wtg Owen  :salute

I did look.... they are all very close....speaking of the spit 8-9-16.....the amount of damage the KI can take is for sure a huge advantage over the spits....and what got me into the KI in the first place.

Offline owen07

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 10:59:47 PM »
I fought Owen the other night and will say.....

You know what sir....

Wtg and F U!!!!  :devil  :x

LOL Deadstik.   :devil:devil

Offline owen07

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 11:05:42 PM »
Well done Owen  :rock

I see improvement every time I fight with you.

Whats funny is I switched to Knights to come and fly with you but you had switched to Rooks, so the next day I switched back to Rooks and you had, at the same time, switched to Knights.

I agree with Bruv as I think your fighting style would suit the 109F, not that I am a 109 driver.  Someone to look out for is Marlboro, he is very capable in the F model as is Latrobe :)

:salute

Thanks Nikon.  But i still cant beat you    :frown:

I tried the 109F lately.  Although maneuvers really well, its the gun solution that im having problems.  I just cant finish the enemy!  Plus the view from the rear is obstructed worse than the k4 (i dont use the hat switch so its difficult to get an oblique view right away).  Maybe will try to practice this plane a bit more as Latrobe has been doing lots of killings with it.  <S>

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2013, 11:10:27 PM »
Thanks Nikon.  But i still cant beat you    :frown:

I tried the 109F lately.  Although maneuvers really well, its the gun solution that im having problems.  I just cant finish the enemy!  Plus the view from the rear is obstructed worse than the k4 (i dont use the hat switch so its difficult to get an oblique view right away).  Maybe will try to practice this plane a bit more as Latrobe has been doing lots of killings with it.  <S>

How do you use your views with out a hat switch?  Mine is failing and that is drastically reducing my situational  awareness.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2013, 11:14:21 PM »
How do you use your views with out a hat switch?  Mine is failing and that is drastically reducing my situational  awareness.

use the numeric keypad on the keyboard

Offline owen07

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2013, 11:40:53 PM »

I use a right-handed joystick with my left-hand and use the mouse at the right for throttle, flaps, zoom and mouse view.  I wish i had more buttons on the mouse to accomodate "trim elevator up".  Basically, the throttle hardware of the Hotas Flight Stick is of no use to me

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2013, 12:56:13 AM »
sorry Ink but the spit is far harder to do the above in than let's say a KI 84.  

which is just a 16 in drag.

but I will toss you back in don't worry.    :D
riiiiiight

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2013, 01:04:43 AM »
It cannot be overlooked that the guns on the 16 are much better than the Ki84.   :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2013, 01:23:04 AM »
It cannot be overlooked that the guns on the 16 are much better than the Ki84.   :old:

better yes, but 'much better'? the Ki84 has more ammo and some of the guns are centerline, which is a huge plus.

My collegues forgot to mention that the Ki can fly to hell and back with 50% fuel, while a spit will barely get off the runway  :D

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2013, 01:43:11 AM »
only negative I can see is that you did it in an Uber easymode K4!   :lol

sorry Ink but the spit is far harder to do the above in than let's say a KI 84.  

Lolz.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234