Author Topic: New tanks gunsite bug  (Read 352 times)

Offline dantheman

• Zinc Member
New tanks gunsite bug
« on: July 17, 2013, 08:09:35 PM »
With the new tanks, when you go to the far corners of the gun travers, then switch to the commander view, when you go back to the gunsite you lose the distance graduation thing.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:32:24 AM by Pyro »
seriously this was a great thread till everyone butchered it threw a stick of dynamite into the body and decided the dynamite wasnt enough and tossed a grenade in after...

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: New tanks gunsite bug
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »
I can confirm this while in the Jagdpanzer IV, I did not have this issue with the Hetzer and I have not been in the Jagdpanther yet in the MA.  I do not know the trigger (I noticed it after I got a kill), but there is only 0 range and no option to dial in the range needed.  It is like trying to use the smoke mortars on the M4 Shermans.

Also, both there is an issue with the Jadgpanzer IV and Hetzer switching from the gunner to the TC and then back to the gunner makes the gun sight default to 0 range.  I checked the other Germans tanks to see if there had been a code change in all of the tanks and it is only with the three new Jagd's (gun sight range defaults to 0 when switching to and from the gunner position).

Also, not sure if this was meant to be or not, but there is no TC "HUD".  No FOV circle, no speed, no # of rounds, no directional heading, etc.  Nada.   

Otherwise, I give a big thumbs up to at least the Hetzer and the Jagdpanzer IV 70.  They are a lot of fun, something new in to AH (turret-less AFV's)  and certainly offer a new challenge!  First time out in a Hetzer I earned 8 kills playing cat-n-mouse.  :aok
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 10:40:28 PM »
Can't wait for 5x zoom on the Hetzer, and 10x on the Jagdpanther
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 12:29:12 AM »
In the I have had an issue with the tank sights.  It is preset at 3200 meters.  C and V do not work to adjust range.

Offline VANDALS

• Zinc Member
      • 666th BARBARIANS FG
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 03:07:30 AM »
I noticed if you traverse the gun low enough the site will read 0, i just raise the gun a little and hit your weapons select it will switch back to the regular site
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone is not thinking"

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 08:10:56 PM »
What Killbox told me to do worked.

In gunners view look all way up to sky, then switch to commanders view while still looking up at sky. Next, switch back to gunners and lower site and your range should have reappeared. Good luck not getting killed in the meantime it takes to do this. Lost one of the JPanther's already this way, not again until it's fixed.

Is it fixed???
They're casting their bait over there, see?