Author Topic: Where have all the players gone?  (Read 14019 times)

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
Re: Where have all the players gone?
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
i didn't see you ask a question Pand. i've been playing the game at least 2 or 3 times a week for the past 7 or 8 weeks, and those "flight model updates" were not noticeable at least in arcade and historical modes. and no i haven't played frb since the last update.

pay to win is absolutely the model, just like every other free play mmo out there. you can buy your way to victory, just look at the "extras" that can be had and it's as plain as the nose on your face. the fact that you're winning fights in frb mode against the pay to win planes says a lot about either the caliber of players there and/or the flight models. take your pick.
There is a reduced flight model for reduced realism modes.  Fly FRB for a week, actually score a kill, and I'm sure your tune will change.  I absolutely HATE and will never fly in Arcade or Historical Battles.  It is exactly as you described, garbage!  FRB however is a whole different ballgame.

In FRB there is the element of surprise, so it doesn't matter what handful of planes the enemy has paid for.  There is no icon in FRB flashing miles away indicating someone is coming after you, you must rely on your SA and ACM to win.

I'm not here to argue, but merely stating my experience--- fly the right mode for the caliber of player that you are.  What's your name over there ?

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2013, 11:37:57 AM »
There is a reduced flight model for reduced realism modes.  Fly FRB for a week, actually score a kill, and I'm sure your tune will change.  I absolutely HATE and will never fly in Arcade or Historical Battles.  It is exactly as you described, garbage!  FRB however is a whole different ballgame.

In FRB there is the element of surprise, so it doesn't matter what handful of planes the enemy has paid for.  There is no icon in FRB flashing miles away indicating someone is coming after you, you must rely on your SA and ACM to win.

I'm not here to argue, but merely stating my experience--- fly the right mode for the caliber of player that you are.  What's your name over there ?
interesting, the one time i got into frb mode i didn't notice what you're describing...then again there have been many updates since then. i guess i'll have to get serious and grind my way through on my account til i can get into frb mode. my last tryst in frb mode was on someone else's account and he dumped his account.

i'm using leatherneck over there.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2013, 12:19:25 PM »
interesting, the one time i got into frb mode i didn't notice what you're describing...then again there have been many updates since then. i guess i'll have to get serious and grind my way through on my account til i can get into frb mode. my last tryst in frb mode was on someone else's account and he dumped his account.

i'm using leatherneck over there.
I believe (and I could be wrong), but you should only have to be pilot level 4 to get into FRB.  Make sure in the To Battle screen where you select Full Real Battles, that you also update "Current Server" to Any.

Good luck and good hunting!

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »
I believe (and I could be wrong), but you should only have to be pilot level 4 to get into FRB.  Make sure in the To Battle screen where you select Full Real Battles, that you also update "Current Server" to Any.

Good luck and good hunting!
ok Pand, i guess i can get serious about grinding through the arcade mode, which is worse than wading through a bish spixteen horde, just so i can get a better idea of what they consider realism. i'll have to get my realistic battle settings in place to make sure they work once i level up. the last big update mangled my stick settings which pissed me off.
jarhed  

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2013, 12:35:32 PM »
I flew in some full realism battles and still didn't like it as much as AHII. Nor do I like their business model. C'est la vie.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2013, 12:42:54 PM »
There is a recession on :old:

Three years ago.

Back to work now, no time for Pay to Play video games.

:airplane:

Offline JohnnyHeelz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2013, 01:16:39 PM »
Yet arcade style games make mad money?   Maybe the model is wrong here. 

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2013, 01:18:11 PM »
ok Pand, i guess i can get serious about grinding through the arcade mode, which is worse than wading through a bish spixteen horde, just so i can get a better idea of what they consider realism. i'll have to get my realistic battle settings in place to make sure they work once i level up. the last big update mangled my stick settings which pissed me off.
Never ---- ever step foot in an Arcade Arena.   Anyone who has flown Aces High will throw up immediately.

Use Historical which isn't half as bad, but still very rough.  Getting a kill from time to time should get you to a level 4 pilot in a couple hours.  If you're having trouble shooting down aircraft, go after AAA and Artillery to assist the ground battle, they are easy kills and big XP.  

Good luck!   :salute

Regards,

Pandemonium

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2013, 01:18:31 PM »
Yet arcade style games make mad money?   Maybe the model is wrong here. 

Who are you and why are you peddling arcade here?  :huh

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2013, 01:19:13 PM »
I flew in some full realism battles and still didn't like it as much as AHII. Nor do I like their business model. C'est la vie.
Yeah I thought FRB was obscenely hard when I first started flying it.   After a week I couldn't imagine not flying it.  :cheers:

Regards,

Pandemonium

Offline JohnnyHeelz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2013, 01:21:17 PM »
You can't be that simple minded, as you have read other posts of mine in the last 24 hours.  

Who are you and why are you peddling arcade here?  :huh

But we don't have this choice.....   If there was an arcade style arena, it might draw 2000 new players, only going to the arcade arena........     ok great, now 2k more people are spending 15 bucks a month so the 600-ish or so left of us can still go to Late War and have some fun.

Never ---- ever step foot in an Arcade Arena.   Anyone who has flown Aces High will throw up immediately.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2013, 01:21:47 PM »
Yeah I thought FRB was obscenely hard when I first started flying it.   After a week I couldn't imagine not flying it.  :cheers:

:lol

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »
You can't be that simple minded, as you have read other posts of mine in the last 24 hours.  

But we don't have this choice.....   If there was an arcade style arena, it might draw 2000 new players, only going to the arcade arena........     ok great, now 2k more people are spending 15 bucks a month so the 600-ish or so left of us can still go to Late War and have some fun.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2013, 02:24:06 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
:rofl   :lol  dammit Arlo, don't make me laugh so hard...

you know he has a slight simplistically minded point...  :headscratch: ...if some sort of "arcade mode" or "relaxed mode" say 30 v 30 head to head thing was put up with a limited plane set...it could draw some new blood in...potentially.
jarhed  

Offline Grayclif

• Copper Member
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2013, 02:29:49 PM »
The Grayclif has been right here all along!  :banana: