Author Topic: Where have all the players gone?  (Read 14022 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Where have all the players gone?
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2013, 11:22:22 AM »
This was all discussed ad nauseum by the Fighter Ace players before it ended. When you have players who don't pay or play giving their 2 cents in, when you have apologists for those who shade, game the game, HO, ram, RUN WAY and then run their mouths about real life or it's not against the rules...you end up with ....nothing. A game should be played with sportsmanship and honor. No cheating, no gaming the game no running of mouths about I PWNED YOU!!!! Frankly( and I don't care if you like me or not....if you don't PAY AND PLAY, you should keep your freakin mouth shut as to what's wrong with the game.

Who are you ranting at?  :headscratch:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2013, 11:25:27 AM »
I think we are worried about the wrong things here.  The lawsuit against HTC filed on July 5th is the biggest problem we have moving forward!

But... The other side to the question is,    what can be done to improve things in game, other than graphics and gameplay "norms?"   

And how can we help do that?

I saw your other thread. How big a threat is a lawsuit without merit and precedent already existing against the plaintiff? Are there really mounting legal fees for a case without merit? Counter suit for court and legal fees.

Offline JohnnyHeelz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
But that is the worrying part... The legal system doesn't care about the good people, the right people, and lawyers know how to make this crap drag on.  HiTech still has to pay the lawayers per hour, no matter how long it takes.  The fact that the article exists gives them merit.

I saw your other thread. How big a threat is a lawsuit without merit and precedent already existing against the plaintiff? Are there really mounting legal fees for a case without merit? Counter suit for court and legal fees.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2013, 11:32:14 AM »
http://www.scribd.com/doc/153654507/Bad-Pug-Games-response-to-Patent-Troll

"copyright infringement claims surrounding the use of "character-enabled" and "character-attribute data linked with one or more character data."

AHII has no 'characters.' (Unless you personality)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:34:57 AM by Arlo »

Offline JohnnyHeelz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2013, 11:35:47 AM »
 :rofl

That is awesome!!!

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2013, 11:35:54 AM »
Funny ... game? 'You Don't Know Jack' is a 'funny' game.  :D

Now, we have some funny players. I believe that counts for more. And as far as interesting goes, you get out of AH what you put into AH. What 'interesting' stuff do you want coded that players can't do with what's already coded?  :)

nothing, the game is perfect, you can get back back to argue with someone else.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2013, 11:37:49 AM »
nothing, the game is perfect, you can get back back to argue with someone else.

I see your point. Well, maybe not.  :aok

When you get a chance, say hi to Flossy for me ... and while you're at it, ask her take.  :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:40:30 AM by Arlo »

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2013, 12:08:08 PM »
I'm on bipolar/adhd hiatus... I played for a solid year, which is unprecedented for me...  I'm currently playing through Morrowind again if that tells you anything about the insanity.

I'm still subscribed though, and I will be back to lame up and/or troll the game/forums again sometime soon.

:salute
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2013, 01:21:10 PM »
I would say they are playing war thunder's mini FSO pug deathmatches slaughtering the legions of mouse flyers in full realism or historical most likely if they are playing airplane mmos and not playing ah. the gameplay is limited and it is a blatant ripoff of everything every edition of IL2 had from a third party that had access to il2 but its pilot/crew development and aircraft perk purchase system is interesting. its flight model in of itself is good but its data for individual planes is a joke. 5000fpm f4us that cant turn, are incorrectly textured and horrible cockpits that make gunnery a nightmare are a sample of the details the game lacks that AH has iin spades. but the games little touches to its world and the detail of the experience of flight is quite compelling in spite of its problems.

ah still has the best flight modelling, best useable cockpits, best 3d airplane models and skins, best detail under the MMO arena hood but going back and forth the visual eye candy of the world ah gives vs the competition has become somthing of an eyesore in terms of atmospherics, visual effects and ground and sky detail to the point that it can no longer suspend ones disbelief of virtual flight.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:44:07 PM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2013, 01:46:57 PM »
Didja submit that map yet?

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2013, 01:50:41 PM »
I think that games have to stay cutting edge or they are not going to draw newer players. Other games, some of which are free dl and free to play, which have better graphics and can even be configured to add complexity to the flight controls which makes it less arcade and more flight sim, are going to draw mostly because of the graphics.

I like the community here and I am sorry if things someday die off, I will probably not go to other games. None of them have what I like here. They are to small and try to limit what I choose to fly. I choose to fly a P51 because it is the quintessential WWII fighter to me and I like it. Its why I pay 15 bucks to fly - because it is the reason I am here originally. I am frustrated by the modeling and by the graphics, but the community keeps me here. For now. 

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2013, 01:55:24 PM »
As a side note, I think that the up coming series Air Aces on the Military Channel offers an excellent opportunity for a return of an AH commercial and subsequently an influx of new interested players.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2013, 01:57:01 PM »
As a side note, I think that the up coming series Air Aces on the Military Channel offers an excellent opportunity for a return of an AH commercial and subsequently an influx of new interested players.

I wonder what a commercial spot runs on the HC?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2013, 02:06:20 PM »
I think that games have to stay cutting edge or they are not going to draw newer players. Other games, some of which are free dl and free to play, which have better graphics and can even be configured to add complexity to the flight controls which makes it less arcade and more flight sim, are going to draw mostly because of the graphics.
those other games are not even close to "cutting edge". they are reworks of old retail crap and have the exact same flight models as the original...the flight controls are limited and are heavily geared toward mouse/keyboard (for whatever dipstick reasoning). if you don't have a simple joystick and trackir, you need the mouse to maintain views. let's not talk about the other one that is nothing but mouse controlled.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2013, 02:08:08 PM »
those other games are not even close to "cutting edge". they are reworks of old retail crap and have the exact same flight models as the original...the flight controls are limited and are heavily geared toward mouse/keyboard (for whatever dipstick reasoning). if you don't have a simple joystick and trackir, you need the mouse to maintain views. let's not talk about the other one that is nothing but mouse controlled.

I think he was talking about the graphics.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp