Author Topic: Yak9U Rear view  (Read 630 times)

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
Yak9U Rear view
« on: July 17, 2013, 02:22:27 PM »
When looking through the rear view in the Yak9U through the tinted glass, enemy icons disappear. Haven't flown any other yet so don't know if that problem is universal between Yaks.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:44:39 PM by Waffle »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Yak9U Rear view
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »
When looking through the rear view in the Yak9U through the tinted glass, enemy icons disappear. Haven't flown any other yet so don't know if that problem is universal between Yaks.
that was a feature in the opaque bullet proof canopy...  :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 03:12:57 PM »
I was unaware of that. On another note, I didn't see any folders for the new yaks in my sounds folder, so I created two folders named "YAK3" and "YAK7B" in the sounds folder and copied my sounds from the Yak9U into those folders and it works in-game, except for the fact that when I click on the Yak3 or 7b in the hangar I get a pop-up box stating, "Unable to open settings/planes/yak3.pwl." The problem persists when the folders are deleted.

Edit: Reinstalled the patch and working fine.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:56:06 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 09:11:41 AM »
Like he said no enamy icons show up in rear yak's glass. Are you saying that is going to stay that way or is it your opinion. It should not stay that way in a game.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 09:12:48 AM »
Like he said no enamy icons show up in rear yak's glass. Are you saying that is going to stay that way or is it your opinion. It should not stay that way in a game.
neither, it was a JOKE...note the ---> :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 10:50:31 PM »
I was unaware of that. On another note, I didn't see any folders for the new yaks in my sounds folder, so I created two folders named "YAK3" and "YAK7B" in the sounds folder and copied my sounds from the Yak9U into those folders and it works in-game, except for the fact that when I click on the Yak3 or 7b in the hangar I get a pop-up box stating, "Unable to open settings/planes/yak3.pwl." The problem persists when the folders are deleted.

Edit: Reinstalled the patch and working fine.

The problem seems to come back up after closing the game and re-opening it but goes away every time I re-install the patch. Does anyone know how to remedy this as it is quite annoying closing a pop-up box everytime I change from hangar to tower or base to base with the Yak3 or 7B selected.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 10:39:02 AM »
The problem seems to come back up after closing the game and re-opening it but goes away every time I re-install the patch. Does anyone know how to remedy this as it is quite annoying closing a pop-up box everytime I change from hangar to tower or base to base with the Yak3 or 7B selected.
That isn't a sound issue (I did the same with my sounds as you did).  Not sure what it is, but it isn't related to the sound folders.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 12:45:44 AM »
Could it be the dot pwl at the end of your file name? Is PWL the right file type?
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »
The only thing I altered was the sounds folder so not sure why it affects settings folder. The .pwl is from the settings folder. Everything in-game works as expected in the new Yaks including settings such as gunsight and views, except the pop-up boxes.