Author Topic: BBs issue  (Read 2523 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: BBs issue
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 02:49:47 AM »
Yes my prompt is $ and my User ID is not 0, so I'm not su.  And unfortunately I've already installed AMDs drivers from the additional drivers and I'm sorry I did- it's already failed on the desktop once.

I think I need Flash because all video content either doesn't play or is limited to 360p but I read Adobe either no longer supports Flash on Linux or makes security updates only?

Is that like Wine?  Will AH run?

Thanks.   -715

Flash comes with the restricted extras or you can search for flash in the software center. The version there is old but works. If you want a newer flash version, install Google Chrome as they maintain their own pepperflash.

Playonlinux is a front-end for wine, it basically helps you install games to wine by making sure you get all the necessary setups (gecko, IE, directx etc.) automatically. After installing World of tanks a couple times with playonlinux, I can now get it running also on bare wine because I now know/remember which components it needs ;)

Playonlinux is a free version of the paid Cedega crossover, which is why Cedega people loathe playonlinux, it's eating their business.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone