Author Topic: Latrobe's TrackIR Profile and Settings  (Read 6879 times)

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
Re: Latrobe's TrackIR Profile and Settings
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 09:26:33 PM »
Great info, I get to set mine up tomorrow and this and fugitives will help  :aok

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 04:40:02 AM »
Awesome :banana:

it totally changes graphics :)

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2013, 11:38:39 AM »
How do you guys set it up so that your back view is offset to the side (so that you can see back better)?

Also, did any of you have problems with nausea at first?

Offline KOOL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 03:06:30 PM »
Not sure if there's a way to automatically offset the head position without adding in body lean.  If there is I'd like to know too.

Got my TrackIR 5 a couple of weeks ago.  So far no puke but I'm eating bananas before each flight just in case I do because they taste the same coming up as they do doing down.   :banana:
Salute!
KOOL
327th Steel Talons

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 03:34:45 PM »
How do you guys set it up so that your back view is offset to the side (so that you can see back better)?

Also, did any of you have problems with nausea at first?

I just lean off to the side, using that "6DOF" software gizmo that lets me move in a straight line along each axis (X, Y, Z), as well as rotating around each axis.

Nope, never had any dizziness or nausea.

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 04:16:17 PM »
Not sure if there's a way to automatically offset the head position without adding in body lean.  If there is I'd like to know too.

Got my TrackIR 5 a couple of weeks ago.  So far no puke but I'm eating bananas before each flight just in case I do because they taste the same coming up as they do doing down.   :banana:

I set my X axis up with  a near flat center then it goes up real steep.  That way it doesn't toss me out of postion in a gun shot but with a lean, I can see back perfectly.

Leave the Roll off if it is giving you a hard time and use the speed slider to slow things down.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 06:30:08 PM »
I set my X axis up with  a near flat center then it goes up real steep.  That way it doesn't toss me out of postion in a gun shot but with a lean, I can see back perfectly.

Leave the Roll off if it is giving you a hard time and use the speed slider to slow things down.

This.  In some planes like the f4u's I also set the 'home' spot higher for better six view.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2014, 11:30:43 AM »
Sorry for the bump -  didn't want to start a new thread when there is so much goodness for TrackIR users in here.

I have had TrackIR installed for just over 48 hours now and I will testify to something Latrobe said - I am getting used to a new level of suckage.  I used to have pretty decent gunnery but now with my pipper moving around more while trying to setup a passing deflection shot I just seen a lot lead into the air.

This is an amazing tool though.  I just have to stick with it for a month or two to see if I can really benefit from it.

Ammo (with a sore neck and a humbled spirit).
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 11:44:37 AM »
. . . I used to have pretty decent gunnery but now with my pipper moving around more while trying to setup a passing deflection shot I just seen a lot lead into the air.

This is an amazing tool though.  I just have to stick with it for a month or two to see if I can really benefit from it.

No need for that.  Flatten out the curve on the X axis in the center then ramp up.  You want a small kind of dead zone around the gunsight.  Turn off Roll till you get it set like you want.  I leave mine off but it is just what you prefer.

Don't forget about the speed slider.  Your planes head position comes into play as well.  I find it better with a head position forward of the default.

Save  a back up file so if you get going in the wrong direction you can come back.

Seems like you go with the D11 quite often.  The canopy cage gives you a good reference how much you are looking up or back.

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2014, 12:53:36 AM »
I have the TrackIR "pause" and "center" functions mapped to buttons on my throttle, and I use them a lot: hitting pause and then center in quick succession - followed by the AH "zoom in" - puts me in the sight, ready to fire.

Sorry for the bump -  didn't want to start a new thread when there is so much goodness for TrackIR users in here.

I have had TrackIR installed for just over 48 hours now and I will testify to something Latrobe said - I am getting used to a new level of suckage.  I used to have pretty decent gunnery but now with my pipper moving around more while trying to setup a passing deflection shot I just seen a lot lead into the air.

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2014, 09:14:25 AM »
Thanks Randy and Bino.  I am getting TrackIR tuned to my liking and starting to have some success. 

One question -  in AH view settings, what does "trackIR Object Relative Move" do?

Also,  I don't know how to map button on my equipment (all CH) to the F12, F9, and F7 key in AH.  All I know to do is map the buttons within AH.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2014, 11:00:37 AM »
Eine Frage bitte:

What do I need to do to get my head movements (recorded TrackIR views) in my films?

TIA

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2014, 11:08:22 AM »
Eine Frage bitte:

What do I need to do to get my head movements (recorded TrackIR views) in my films?

TIA

You have to record with a third party recorder, FRAPS or if you have an newer Nvidea card, The Geforce Experience or something like that.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2014, 12:35:56 PM »
Tried FRAPS (unregistered).  The software sucks 50% of my framerate while recording in AH.. I'll look for another option.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2014, 01:01:33 PM »
Thanks Randy and Bino.  I am getting TrackIR tuned to my liking and starting to have some success. 

One question -  in AH view settings, what does "trackIR Object Relative Move" do?

Also,  I don't know how to map button on my equipment (all CH) to the F12, F9, and F7 key in AH.  All I know to do is map the buttons within AH.
AH replaces Trackir function F12 with F4 anyway it is in the View section.  I use the center often and off when I am in say climb and need a pilot relief.  I think Object Relative Move was a function to flip flop your view when you are looking back.  Not sure now.
Tracker Center    KEY_F4,CTRL
Tracker Off    KEY_F5,CTRL