Author Topic: Why every time I get in a plane I hadn't flown for a long time I get kill...  (Read 677 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Every time when I take a plane that I hadn't flown for a loooooong time I usually get a kill in 1st or maybe 2nd sortie afterwards... I usually suck back.

I didn't like Pony (P-51D) for a looong time and I had given it a try. From the beginning I got a kill or two and than Nada (I actually remembered why I didn't like this plane - it has very weak weapons and easily damaged especially with its huge radiator.

I decided to take a ride on Dora (which is one of my favorites that it is so easy to put high yo-yo's in it) that has great power and unbelievable roll ratio. And ooops once again I get few kills and than amost nada.

I has seen a red dar new HQ and took Ta-152 to 30K and managed to find 110 there and kill him (easily) and than got bounced by B-29 (that I way I hate buffs).

Just for a fun I took I-16 from a field that had an enemy coming. I managed to get a maneuver on Ki-84. As you probably guessed I wasn't able to get any kill in I-16 after that.

Once after reading about proper torpedo attacks I took TBD and managed to sink a ship of first sortie and kill 2 F-4Us... (that I assume were on the board of CV when it was hit but a torpedo) by that time I was already dead because (not surprisingly) CV has very good CAP over it and several F6Fs ripped me apart.

I must say that I couldn't repeat my success in TBD once again.

Now yesterday I took a Yak-3 for a single sortie. I managed to rip-off 190's wing... I assume I wouldn't get so lucky in near future with Yak.

Can somebody explain this to me? Is there a bug the makes the plane faster/more/maneuverable with more powerful ammo first time you fly it? Because I assume the K/D ratio should grow more you fly a plane... not drop once you get more experienced
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:59:12 AM by artik »
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
Re: Why every time I get in a plane I hadn't flown for a long time I get
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 05:49:19 AM »
No lol maybe its a confidence thing maybe you feel awesome in the plane until you get shot down then start flying different and getting desperate for another kill hense you get killed more. I find the more desperate I get the more silly things I do I have to calm myself down and start thinking properly like a boxer would do he cant fight on emotions or he will lose.
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Why
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 05:54:00 AM »
It's very evident that you have been cursed.   :old:
Say, did you recently insult an old hag gathering firewood in the woods or something like that?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Re: Why every time I get in a plane I hadn't flown for a long
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 06:49:31 AM »
You got bounced by B-29s while flying a Ta-152 and it's the airplanes fault?

It is permissible and accepted behavior to maneuver and engage with weapons any hostile craft encountered.  It is also not unbecoming to use your craft's advantages in capability to aid in the facilitation of the destruction of the aforementioned hostile craft.

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
I find that if I fly the same type of plane for too many shorties I start to die more. I then swap to some other random plane and suddenly I feel better.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 07:42:06 AM »
I always die 1st flight... No 'beginners' luck my way.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Why? Why Not?
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 07:45:08 AM »
The OP should consider himself very lucky, to be the only AH player ever to get kills in the TBD.  :x
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 07:48:16 AM »
The OP should consider himself very lucky, to be the only AH player ever to get kills in the TBD.  :x

Well spotted, Sir  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Why every time I get in a plane I hadn't flown ...
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 08:22:28 AM »
I think it may be due to you feeling "over confident" after that first successful run. You then go out and "push" for more easy kills and over extend the abilities of the aircraft your in. The P-51 is an awesome killing machine and is very easy to be successful in.... as long as you fiy it to it's strengths.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
I find that if I fly the same type of plane for too many shorties I start to die more. I then swap to some other random plane and suddenly I feel better.
I find the little breaks extremly helpful as to prevent a total burn out.
I usually hop in a plane that requires a different set of flight skills to be effective asnopposento my main rides.

Also you might want to look int a few one on ones to get a great jump start
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Wizard

• Zinc Member
      • VF-17 The Jolly Rogers
I can go from good to major suckage in a single sortie.  Took up a Yak 3 last night for the first time for base defense.  Got a kill on a P47 straight away.  Feeling pretty good about that, I dove down after a 109 and promptly ripped my elevators off. :joystick:

VF-17 "Jolly Rogers" www.thejollyrogers.net

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why every time I get in a plane I hadn't flown for a long
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 11:17:21 AM »
You got bounced by B-29s while flying a Ta-152 and it's the airplanes fault?

It is permissible and accepted behavior to maneuver and engage with weapons any hostile craft encountered.  It is also not unbecoming to use your craft's advantages in capability to aid in the facilitation of the destruction of the aforementioned hostile craft.

I was thinking the same thing... How the hell do you get "bounced" by a B-29?
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Blah blah blah duel me!
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 11:19:22 AM »
When you have not been in the seat of an aircraft in a hot minute, perhaps those first few flights you are flying by "feel" and not by "memory". By that I mean by feeling what the plane is telling you as the fight progression runs you through your paces. After a few flights your brain has a muscle memory of moves, speeds, everything you "use to do" and those all start coming back.

Bad habits you didn't know you had or you could push the envelope of the aircraft in ways you previously had not?

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 11:21:45 AM »
Once after reading about proper torpedo attacks I took TBD and managed to sink a ship of first sortie and kill 2 F-4Us... (that I assume were on the board of CV when it was hit but a torpedo) by that time I was already dead because (not surprisingly) CV has very good CAP over it and several F6Fs ripped me apart.

I must say that I couldn't repeat my success in TBD once again.

What's the dot command for that plane!?  GIMME, GIMME, GIMME!!! :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 01:12:06 PM »
What's the dot command for that plane!?  GIMME, GIMME, GIMME!!! :x

Ooops.

It was TBM
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel