Author Topic: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride  (Read 16090 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:04:50 PM »
A rough definition of a noob ride is something that is so easy to fight it takes zero skill to pose a risk to everyone. Clearly the Yak3 is the newest noob ride of AH. The frustration is everything is the Yak3, every where every time. Gone are the days in which you could up in a mid-war bird and have a fruitfull day mixing it up with late-war birds. Now, everything is disrupted by noobs in Yak3s.

I know, I know...the scourge will diminish over time. People will get bored of flying the newest noob ride. Begs the question about using perks to control the usage of something like this. A rolling, floating perk system so that when 100 people up 99 of them are not in Yak3s, without cost atleast.

In any case, I'll log for a few weeks and see what August brings. I see why people lose interest in the MA and only fly FSO or Scenarios. If I wanted this action I would sign up for an arcade game.

Flame away...

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 02:08:47 PM »
Your missing the A5 hunting trip!
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 02:15:56 PM »
Perk the YAK-3. :old:

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 02:17:47 PM »
When the P40s were redone everyone complained about how bad they sucked...... same thing with the P39.  Now we have a plane added that everyone seems to like and folks still complain  :lol HTC can't win for losing with some guys.

I don't mind the Yak3. I find them to be a challenge to fight and a good change of pace. It sure as hell beats swatting at Spitfires constantly. The new will wear off on the Yak thing and we'll be back to normal in a couple of months.

And Boo, I would think you'd enjoy some 109F vs Yak3 action.....sounds like a interesting matchup to me      <SHRUGS>
Lighten up Francis

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 02:30:21 PM »
I really can't imagine that the Yak-3 will remain that popular.  It simply doesn't have the firepower or ammo demanded for the task as it requires shooting accuracy that n00bs don't have.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 02:36:36 PM »
Remember when the P-47M was introduced? ;)

Seriously, it's a new toy which players are simply eager to try out. A relatively high initial usage is the norm, not the exception, for any ride that's at least half way competitive in the LW MA. That's no reason to perk anything, especially as  "99 out of 100" upped planes are Yaks is quite a bold exaggeration  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 02:41:08 PM »
It's not THAT great. Treat it like a slightly lesser Spit16. Haven't run into any Yak3 pilots that gave me trouble yet. Lots of people don't know what to do with it.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 03:14:39 PM »
I've run into a lot of Yak-3's lately also.  I love em.  They want to fight, think they have a plane to beat you in and make such pretty colors as they flame all they way down to the ocean.  C'mon boo, if you're not a Knight, switch, join JG11 on our squad channel, wing up, and let's slaughter a whole hurd of em.  I've also seen a lot of these new "Uber"Yaks flying in pairs, what fun !  They are fiddling with their new shiny plane, staring at all the new stuff their new toy has and NEVER checking their high 6.  Guess who is there?  Go ahead, look up and back........................n o higher...............just a bit more.............there I am !

BOOM!

(tower)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »
Been away from the game a few weeks....was looking forward to trying out the new Yak but I guess I'll hold off for now.    :)

I do plan, however, to up the Yak9T as I was flying it for several weeks before the break and look forward to seeing the changes.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »
The 190a5 is a noob ride.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 03:24:43 PM »
Numbers seem to be declining already . For example in the past hour, there had been 753 kills by and deaths of fighters in the MA. Only 33 of them were by/of the Yak-3 (and an additional 36 by/of the other Yak marks). And as I write these words, I'm watching the stream of kills/deaths and still only see a Yak popping up every once in a while.

As said before in this thread, low ammo count, no ords and short legs will limit it's role and thus numbers in the MA in the long run.  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »
 Now we have a plane added that everyone seems to like and folks still complain  :lol HTC can't win for losing with some guys.

yeh, this right here.  :rolleyes:
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 03:45:07 PM »
A rough definition of a noob ride is something that is so easy to fight it takes zero skill to pose a risk to everyone. Clearly the Yak3 is the newest noob ride of AH. The frustration is everything is the Yak3, every where every time. Gone are the days in which you could up in a mid-war bird and have a fruitfull day mixing it up with late-war birds. Now, everything is disrupted by noobs in Yak3s.

I know, I know...the scourge will diminish over time. People will get bored of flying the newest noob ride. Begs the question about using perks to control the usage of something like this. A rolling, floating perk system so that when 100 people up 99 of them are not in Yak3s, without cost atleast.

In any case, I'll log for a few weeks and see what August brings. I see why people lose interest in the MA and only fly FSO or Scenarios. If I wanted this action I would sign up for an arcade game.

Flame away...

boo

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 03:48:47 PM »
Been a Yak Fanatic for 14 years....alone....now people whining about Yaks. :lol

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 04:00:08 PM »
 :devil :devil :mad: :mad: :huh :huh :huh Right Aztec...me too!  :devil :devil :devil :devil :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher