Author Topic: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride  (Read 16125 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2013, 10:30:39 PM »
F4U might turn with a Spit16, but once the Corsair E is gone, all the Spit16 has to do is start bringing the fight uphill and start a rolling scissor. Easy meat.

As for the Yak3, myself, Zaphod, Saito, and System went to test it out in the DA today. Low and slow, this thing slides, you can easily fly sideways with a flick of the rudder for a good 2-3 seconds below 125mph. Only thing that seems hard was the fact that if you slammed the throttle from zero to 100% at low speeds, it will snap roll right over. Seems like you have to gently nudge the throttle forward or else you risk angering.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2013, 10:34:33 PM »
Boo stop crying and posting your silliness here I have no sympathy for you, If I can go out almost every flight in a KI43 you can put up with a few "noobs" in yaks who I guess are better than you since you get killed by them.

Up a plane or sit silent. Learn to fly your a/c and if you cant then take getting killed quietly. Grow up for heavens sake.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2013, 11:00:58 PM »
Boo stop crying and posting your silliness here I have no sympathy for you, If I can go out almost every flight in a KI43 you can put up with a few "noobs" in yaks who I guess are better than you since you get killed by them.

Up a plane or sit silent. Learn to fly your a/c and if you cant then take getting killed quietly. Grow up for heavens sake.

Yes Dad....I stand so corrected now. Your wisdom and fatherly advice is sobering. Now shave about 15 minutes off of your videos and maybe I'll watch one.  :salute

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2013, 11:13:14 PM »

The ki-43 is a great plane. Better than you lead on.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2013, 11:53:17 PM »
Whilst i may not share the volume of anger that Boo feels i remain a bit put-off about the yak3's and their current shenanigans. That being said my opinion is mostly what this thread morphed in to and i understand that in a bit,
there will be no more "scourge". Boo flies the Mighty 190 A-5 as do I. Any victory is a true test of skill as any loss can be for 100 million + reasons, simple plane -out performance being as easy and often one. Being in this game for the "fight" means i get angry when a brand new shiny yak (or any plane for that matter) dives for home -no matter ze distance- after you've reversed them blind...usually fist or second merge kinda thing. No point in chasin..cause we wont catch them. Which, of course, ruins the whole reason i logged on. No problem with the yaks....Just the numerous UN-willing pilots who fly them.

Thoughts on perking all late war rides. Only possible if the Perk base was separated amongst the arenas and reset all gathered perkies to 0 <----- some own vast amounts indeed and would be reluctant to have regain? Idk, I honestly wouldnt mind but ehh. i changed my name so much i never collected any amount over 500 at any 1 time. not a big thing imo. After this was done..the veterans and noobs would both have an even playing field start, well however much equality there could be between the wolf and the sheep.

Enjoy.

:airplane:

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:56:38 PM by TWC_Angel »
IGN: Angel
DGSII: I./JG1
-=Top*Gun=-
"Guaranteed, knock-down-dragged-out dogfight.       
       Every time."    ((♥ That 190))

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2013, 12:13:51 AM »

The Yak-3s have been a common sight for me, curiously though they usually seem to be accompanied by a spit of some kind. I've been able to sucker quite a few Yak-3s into a 1v1. A P-38 can't match roll but can beat it just about everywhere else. A P-40 has little chance unless it's flown by a skilled pilot (clearly I'm not the right man for the job). A P-47 can give them a good run for their money if the jug driver is patient and waits for the Yak to go vertical. A pony is a Yak's worst enemy. It can outperform the Yak on every level, and in my case I was able to fight off a second Yak with it while testing (only got the kill for the one though).

Explain to us how a P-51 "can outperform the Yak on every level".

The P-51 is faster, as long as it has WEP. Without WEP, not much difference. Especially at low level. The Yak-3 has a turning radius much, much smaller than a P-51. It climbs much faster. It accelerates much faster. Co-E, Co-alt, equal pilots, the P-51 has two choices... Avoid a fight or die. Ditto for the Yak-9U. P-51s have 5 minutes of WEP. Conversely, the Yaks have, essentially, 25 minutes of WEP. You are making the most common error I see. You assume because you beat a guy flying something, it was because you had the better fighter. I've beat Spit16s and La-7s with a P-40... All it proved was the suckiness of those pilots. The P-40 is a pig, but a pig was more than enough for those guys.

Here's an example. Take a P-38J/L and a Ki-84. Equal pilots, meeting in a classic duel. All things equal at the start. The P-38 is toast. The Yak is very much like the Ki-84, in that it does everything related to dogfighting better than the P-38. Now consider that the Yak-3 is faster than the Ki-84 (and the P-38), turns better and climbs like a rocket.

Tonight, I shot down three P-38s with a Yak-3. Easy work. However, those guys weren't very good. Even if they were, the P-38 has no advantage to exploit. I chased down and killed a Yak-3 too.

Trust me when I say that you don't want to meet a good stick flying a Yak-3. Your P-38, P-47 and P-51 are ill equipped to burn off E trying to get a shot. The Yak will slice and dice them with similar efficiency to a Spit16. You pick your American iron. You encounter a Yak-3 at your altitude, and you merge. Should you reverse off of the merge, the Yak will whip around and be pulling lead long before you've fully reversed. You will be on the defensive immediately.

Any time you may want to test your theory, shoot me a PM and we'll go to a quiet field in the TA and you can have a go at it.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:40:32 AM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2013, 12:28:01 AM »
F4U might turn with a Spit16, but once the Corsair E is gone, all the Spit16 has to do is start bringing the fight uphill and start a rolling scissor. Easy meat.

I don't know how many here remember Urchin (one of the better pilots at that time). We flew a series of duels. I took an F4U-1D and Urchin flew a Spit16. On every reverse of every merge, I was able to get guns on his Spit. Sometimes minor pings, other times hosed. If he survived the first reverse, he still had his hands full until the Corsair had run out of E. Then, all he had to do was take the fight vertical. At that point, it was just a matter of time before he got hits with his cannon. The F4U can reverse very quickly, because it can scrub off speed very quickly, tightening the turn. The problem that presents itself is that you must either kill or damage the Spitfire on that first reverse, or the advantage quickly switches back to the Spit.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2013, 01:14:04 AM »
One little statistic not to be overlooked...

Only two fighters (excluding jets) have a positive kill to death ratio over the Yak-3... The Tempest and the 190D-9. Both types are primarily used to pick at furballs... Low risk combat.
My regards,

Widewing

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2013, 01:22:26 AM »
Oh noes its not a hanger queen and people find it use full, whatever will we do!?!!  :t
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline sidey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2013, 02:32:27 AM »
how about a player ENY, higher the rank in fighters or attack, the more restricted the ride. Just a thought, i'm sure arguements either way.
~~RAW PRAWNS~~

"No Thrills for the Cautious"

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2013, 03:14:45 AM »

To me I find the ki-43 to be way too easy fly. Even the brew is harder to fly (ki-43 out turns it and out rolls it and is faster) A6M3 is nothing compared to the ki-43 as again the 43 is faster, turns better, and rolls better at low speed. So saying you can fly the 43 all the time dosen't say much... No hate just saying. Also look at the bold text. So if I kill you with a tank because im camping the runway that means im better than you?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 03:21:28 AM by olds442 »
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2013, 03:31:35 AM »
reading between the lines this sounds like the yak-3 is faster than my favourite ride and can kick my bellybutton.   

This is the exact reason I LOVE flying it because people can just runaway from my Spitty, in the Yak I can gobble up P51D's, 109K4's, 190's  etc,   If they engage and want to fight they are dead.   

I will just take the opinion that for every limp wristed flyer that has ever runaway from me in late war the Yak-3 is retribution.

I do agree with lowering the ENY to say 10 but no Perk. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2013, 03:45:17 AM »
It's a decent plane no doubt but it's usage will drop off next month for the deficiencies people have mentioned previously.  There complaints about every other spit being a spit 14 last month; and this month its relatively uncommon with it just making into the top 20 of number of kills.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2013, 03:50:58 AM »
Its a new plane :banana:

In reality it owned German planes on the Eastern front :old:

It makes me proud to be Russian :)

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2013, 04:56:11 AM »
Pfft Spit 8 murders spit 16 that's the real darkhorse here, Yak-3 will be a very capable fighter in the right hands like the very same people who can actually use the LA in a proper turn fight/stall fight. Wouldn't mind seeing what sonic or tilt can do in it after a bit of practice in it.
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury