Author Topic: Nitville rant thread  (Read 11722 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Nitville rant thread
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2013, 10:55:21 AM »
Rooks are mongols, bishops are romans. Knights are Vikings, we don't come for your land, and after we get our fill we take our ships home.

From the fury of the Knights deliver us O Lord.

*snrk*  That's a pretty fair assessment from what I've seen.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2013, 10:58:23 AM »
Allright, I demand to know immediately whom the 1% of Knights that don't have ADD are.  Never met one.  I think you made them up.   wait.....

squirrell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rofl :rofl :rofl
Lighten up Francis

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2013, 11:10:15 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lfGpVcdqeS0

We're Knights of the Round Table,
We dance when ere we're able,
We do routines and chorus scenes
With footwork impeccable.
We dine well here in Camelot,
We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
We're Knights of the Round Table,
Our shows are formidable,
But many times, we're given rhymes
That are quite unsingable.
We're Opera mad in Camelot,
We sing from the diaphragma looooooot.
In war we're tough and able,
Quite indefatigable,
Between our quests we sequin vests,
And impersonate Clark Gable.
It's a busy life in Camelot,
I have to push the pram a lot.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2013, 01:45:36 PM »
Kni
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2013, 03:00:42 PM »
Eki eki gurfedererumaner
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2013, 03:03:52 PM »
Bring meeeee......a shrubbery!

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »
Knight ADHD is their best and worst attribute.

Fighting with knights is a very binary proposition.

A. - Everything red becomes dead in a few moments.

OR

B. - Everything green becomes dead in a few moments.

1. - Check-6
Is a word uttered on occasion mostly in terms of a general: Check the NiKi.......
Ok there are 12 of us and 3 red niki and 14 red other. Which niki, where niki, there niki?? My, my, Hitech put new curtains in my tower. I didn't know he cared.

2. - Help me, clear my tail!!
Might as well announce: I'm currently in the bushes under your nose dragging 5 just so you can pick the last one in line. Don't mind me I know I'm about to die but, this is all for you to get one more pick for your kills message if you land. Yes, don't mind my burning plane in your 6 view as you climb back to your safe perch. You got your kill and I was happy to set him up for you. Yes, and my compliments to your 4 friends who flew along watching my burning man show. Who knows, I might be back later tonight for a matinee with bigger and more fantastic feats of one man burning for you to watch safely at a comfortable distance. I wonder who Hitech's new interior designer is? Of all things to update in this game. Curtains.

3. - Hey you 400 below this con, I'm pulling this one up in a rope get him now<S>......
What is so interesting about that tree 10k below your nose? Oh! I see, this wasn't your idea and you are worried you will get picked while picking the roped dope who just blew my kester off. The nearest red guy is only 5.5 away. Can't be too careful about who is sneaking up on you. My apologies for scaring you with this out of the blue. But, you have been watching me for the last 5 minutes. I should have introduced myself first and taken you to dinner and a show so you would feel more comfortable about helping a countryman who was giving you a free kill. Yes you learned well young padawan. There is no such thing as a freely given kill in this game. Hehehehehe...I had ulterior motives.....hehehehehe. That's a fine looking exhaust pipe, mmmmmmmmmmmm exhaust pipe smoke. The new curtains in the tower look splendid in the sun light. When did this game become about curtains??

4. - OK!! There were 12 of you here 30 seconds ago!!
Why does it take 12 of you to chase one C47 through the bushes?? You had the alt advantage on the red hoard. Now all 25 of them are chasing me up here at 12k. Oh, sorry, did I disturb your train wreck yelling on range another red hoard is descending on your conga line? Oopsies!! Too late. Now I'm the only green guy.......weeeeeeeee. Hitech can you possibly get another pattern for your curtains? On closer examination the pattern is long strings of "hehehehehe42hehehehehe"

5. - I'll help you but, can you turn him a little to the right.
I know we are all Phd's in math and physics so I'm sure you understand if I turn for your convenience the red guy will gladly cross the circle and help me back to my tower faster than I'm currently traveling. I mean there was a perfectly valid reason I chose to run away from him at a very high rate of speed keeping him just out of effective gun range in a straight line that I might be able to pull away a bit more if I don't friggin turn and burn off my speed you useless reptile. I'm tired of looking at the new curtains!!!!!!

6. - Don't bring that hoard under me!!
OK, I'll just put on a show here for you 1 vs 5 while you watch me slaughter them before your very eyes. Yeppers, more kills for me.........Hmmmmmm, on very close inspection of these curtains the fine print says: "Haven't you got better things to do than read stupid things in ultra tiny print?" 

7. - Don't chase that red guy back to his field with this GIANT RED DARBAR we haven't seen the source of yet.
Oh my! Now looky at that new hoard cloud of red that was circling up TOGETHER over their base. And you all dove down to the deck after one guy between the town and field ack. De-aking is so passé, real men just fly through it and ignore the burning bits falling off around their ADHD kesters. Everyone knows Hitech remodeled the mens rooms back in the tower with saunas, Swedish masseuses, and fresh hot linin towels scented with O'Dea SQUIRREL. You should see the curtains in the men's room, ooh lala. 

Come to think of it, I see lots of squirrels in my neighborhood driving dogs nuts and running them around in single minded circles getting nowhere quickly. They know my cats are indoor cats and come to the windows to drive them nuts too. Flying with the knights is an exercise in learning how to die in ever more creative ways to the dulcet choir of heavenly singing the word "squirrel" while some idieot screeches "Nie!!" at the front end of a streaming flambé. But, we got great curtains in our towers.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2013, 03:43:14 PM »
Knights are furballers and fighters more than Bishops/Rooks.

60 guys swarming over a deacked field for three hours like a cloud of gnats waiting for one defender to try to take off so 20 of them can dive in and compete for the kill is neither furballing nor fighting.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2013, 03:46:09 PM »
60 guys swarming over a deacked field for three hours like a cloud of gnats waiting for one defender to try to take off so 20 of them can dive in and compete for the kill is neither furballing nor fighting.

Yet it does sound like an excellent opportunity for gambling.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2013, 04:25:25 PM »
God help us if HiTech and Pyro introduce a flying squirrel to the game.... what was this thread about, again?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2013, 05:07:06 PM »
Must take ords to VH, must take ords to VH...hey...something shiny over there!
AMAX  in game

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2013, 06:33:43 PM »
I like the knights too but as a side to be on I prefer rooks I dont think I will ever fly bish again cant stand em.........I posted something similar to what you was saying uptown a few weeks ago knights just seem to fly around low when defending a base there never seems to be anyone coming over from a uncamped base to clear the cap they have bad numbers a lot of the time but even when they have numbers they never seem to do anything with it.

I know most sides are very similar and at times they are all guilty of the same things I just find rooks are a bit more capable at defending fields and counter attacking than knights and bish just roll everyone with huge hordes (hense why I hate them) must get boring flying round waiting for something to shoot at in them hordes I must say. I enjoy fighting knights tho as a rook at least its not just one huge bellybutton lame hoing horde the bish usually produce.

Don't hold back... Tell us how you really feel! 

I've been flying Rook for about 12 years....
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2013, 10:43:55 PM »
I've been starting to recall why Bish were the only country I legitimately hated.

Ho's, and hordes, and bails.... oh my  :uhoh.

But on a more serious note, the first time I hopped over to bish since I got back, I was greeted with "Spy!!!! Look, his squad is knit and rook, they're probably ALL spying!!". So add raving paranoia to that above list. Besides that, they're the only country that causes me to be genuinely surprised when I don't have to chase the red guy down to get a shot. The whole attitude there seems to be that combat is just an unavoidable annoyance, which gets in the way of the primary goal of rolling bases, and that all possible effort should be made to minimize the disruption (be it through avoiding combat, or hording so combat is easy).

Now its not that I think they're incapable, or inherently inept, but it feels more as if your typical bish pilot isn't quite as practiced at 1v1 or even 2 or 3v1 engagments; the ACM is still there, its just a bit rusty.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2013, 12:48:44 AM »
I hate the standard Bish bomber tactic of flying bombers to the target and if there is a fighter present that might shoot them, they bail. I film all my flights so I think we should have a cowards roll call here in the forum.

Tonight it was oKATHISo who bailed his lancs at the Knights strats when I finally got to altitude and was 3k behind him. Clever, that way you cant get a proxy either.

What I would really like to see HTC do is change it so that if you bail when you have not been hit by anything and you still have any fuel at all, you receive nothing. No damage points, no perks. In WWII, you bailed out over enemy territory and you didn't get home until the war was over. And of course, there were no awards for bailing out. You mean you bailed out of a perfectly good airplane with no damage with plenty of fuel left?? Your flying days are over!

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."