Author Topic: Nitville rant thread  (Read 11757 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Nitville rant thread
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2013, 03:23:17 PM »
I've never quite understood the amount of effort some put into defending someone they claim doesn't require such.  :huh

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2013, 03:43:54 PM »
I've never quite understood the amount of effort some put into defending someone they claim doesn't require such.  :huh

We're definitely on the same page here.  I was just trying to understand why some people put so much effort into making themselves relevant when they're not.  Isn't that curious?  :bhead
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2013, 03:49:54 PM »
I'm relevant :old:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2013, 03:55:57 PM »
We're definitely on the same page here.  I was just trying to understand why some people put so much effort into making themselves relevant when they're not.  Isn't that curious?  :bhead

Without context and accuracy of description, not-so-much. Possibly not with both added, as well. *ShruG*  :D

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2013, 04:09:34 PM »

Yes, I understand your quandary
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2013, 04:23:25 PM »
Yes, I understand your quandary

It's not a dilemma nor am I attempting to solve it. It is a curiosity, however, each time I witness it happening.  ;)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2013, 04:34:03 PM »
At least it's subtle but, still old men subtly sparing over "my ding dong is bigger than your ding dong" redux 1 millionth time ad nauseum. Turns this whole thing into a hate session by an unfulfilled  grievance monger rather than it's original self chastising Monty Pythonesque humor. Seems the hallmark of this forum far and wide is the dearth of unfulfilled hate mongers stuck on their ding dongs. Not it's humor or community.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2013, 04:38:32 PM »

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2013, 04:39:04 PM »
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2013, 05:08:33 PM »
*Note to self:  Add names of nonKnit, Knit bashers in this thread to list of players to rocket vulch.*
AMAX  in game

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2013, 05:16:10 PM »
Says you?  You havent thrown a strike yet.  With your vast AH experience or your BBS experience?  Can you beat him?  In what plane?  Please list them and then id be happy to arrange a meeting if youd like. 

My point is simple:  At the level of skill that he and about 20 other people exhibit, scoring is about all they've got left to achieve bro.  When you get to that level, gimme a call and ill make sure and defend you too, mmmkay?  Until then, you both are just critics for the sake of hearing yourselves type, lol

mmmkay, level of skill in a game...lmao. So at the end of the day what have you for your awesome skillz? Does it pay the bills? Skill at what too? Quantify it for me. Any real world/life translation for your unimaginable awesomeness at cartoons? ...Off to put real duckets in pocket, see you soon.  :bolt:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2013, 07:40:37 PM »

mmmkay, level of skill in a game...lmao. So at the end of the day what have you for your awesome skillz? Does it pay the bills? Skill at what too? Quantify it for me. Any real world/life translation for your unimaginable awesomeness at cartoons? ...Off to put real duckets in pocket, see you soon.  :bolt:

So your saying you don't want to be good at a game your playing? Your ok with just sucking all the time? If your into just throwing money away you can throw it my way as you seem to not to even try to get good at a game your throwing $15 a month at.  :rolleyes:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2013, 07:49:40 PM »
Commie.  :D

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2013, 08:16:40 PM »

So your saying you don't want to be good at a game your playing? Your ok with just sucking all the time? If your into just throwing money away you can throw it my way as you seem to not to even try to get good at a game your throwing $15 a month at.  :rolleyes:

I suck at this game, ive slowly improved over the 3yrs ive been playing, still pay 15$ a month, what does that make me?  I read all the chest thumping crap on the BBS and on 200 and think what will all people who think their crap dont stink will do once AH is gone, who are they gonna try to impress. 

I play this game to re live a bit history that to me is being forgotten.

I use to whine complain about hordes, HO's etc… then i realized i cant control how others play, i can only control how i play.     
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2013, 08:19:15 PM »

I suck at this game, ive slowly improved over the 3yrs ive been playing, still pay 15$ a month, what does that make me?  I read all the chest thumping crap on the BBS and on 200 and think what will all people who think their crap dont stink will do once AH is gone, who are they gonna try to impress. 

I play this game to re live a bit history that to me is being forgotten.

I use to whine complain about hordes, HO's etc… then i realized i cant control how others play, i can only control how i play.     

You, sir, have earned my admiration and appreciation.  :)